Facts About the Vietnam War that Liberal Historians Ignore

Mike makes a lot of allegations with no proof.

Are your books not selling, so you are printing part of them here to get noticed, Mike?

Hilarious

Tell us all where the front lines were in the Vietnam War again.

Nowhere. There were no "Front Lines", that is why it is counter insuurency warfare. Closest thing that was the TET offsensive of 1968. The VC and NVA actually seized Hue City. It tooks to reclaim the city, but before the Dowager Empress had escape with clothes on her back. The VC did take control of the U.S. Embassy.

Right before TET, General Wastmoreland actually came out and said the VC was NOT an effective fighting force. By the end of TET, the VC had become a diminished fighting force, but it was VC who took the embassy and attacked MACV (Miliatry Assistance Command Viet Nam) Headquarters. Wastmoreland was later recalled and General Abrams took over. Wastemoreland became Army Chief of Staff.

More Americans died after 1968 (Nixon was Prez) and TET than under Johnson or Kennedy.

55,000 Americans, Men and Women were killed, over 1,000,000 Viet Namese were killed as well. In the end Nixon and Kissinger sold out the South Vietnamese. Viet Nam was a disaster for our country.

Wastemoreland was in D.C. the TET Offsensive kicked off. He was talking about the NVA and VC were defeated. He even took a fighting pose, telling the press he using a 1-2 punch. He so very wrong.

The U.S. Embassy invaded and Hue City fell. I talk to SFC (Sergeant First Class) who had been involved in TET. He told about staff officiers giving out Purple Hearts and Bronze Stars like candy. Hue City was closest thing that to WWII house to house fighting. It took weeks to regain control of the city. A Marine Captain who worked at U.S. A.F.T.V. (U.S. Armed Forces TeleVision) was taken prisoner. He said he was first officer ever to lose a TV station in combat.

The main problem was the Vietnam War was micro managed from the White House by the President and the feckless wiz kid McNamara.
They put political expediency ahead of actually winning the war.

Drafted US Army 1970-71 :salute:

Failzero i believe you're referring to hmas "melbourne?

turns out to have been driver error on the uss evans. something about the ood misinterpreting the melbourne's navigastion lights?

i'm not sure that such an accident (74 dead) is comparable to a deliberate air to surface attack followed up with gunboats hunting survivors.

believe that the israelis thought an egyptian ship was flying an american flag and running an outboard antenna farm if you like.

lbj covered for them, of course, .

The main problem was the Vietnam War was micro managed from the White House by the President and the feckless wiz kid McNamara.

LBJ thought he should have control of who and what was bombed. McNamara was out of his depth. Melvin Laird was not that much better. Both Johnson and Nixon thought they knew better than the military and they were; both wrong.

I had a high draft number so I enlisted. 72-73, I re-upped to get out of the infantry and get out of Viet Nam as fast as I could.

Gun
Failzero i believe you're referring to hmas "melbourne?

turns out to have been driver error on the uss evans. something about the ood misinterpreting the melbourne's navigastion lights?

i'm not sure that such an accident (74 dead) is comparable to a deliberate air to surface attack followed up with gunboats hunting survivors.

believe that the israelis thought an egyptian ship was flying an american flag and running an outboard antenna farm if you like.

lbj covered for them, of course, .
Gun boats shooting survivors ? The Liberty egressed under its own power ( Did not sink ) so why were there survivors in the water ???

I had a high draft number so I enlisted. 72-73, I re-upped to get out of the infantry and get out of Viet Nam as fast as I could.
the worst place to view these grand strategic concepts is on the ground.

the questions of who is a communist and who just wants me to stop smashing their rice crop maybe should be asked

the answer to why we lost is much simpler than white house interference. the problem is logistics. a soldier who can fight on a handful of rice and stolen equipment can usually outlast the guys who need a bowling alley and a movie theatre.

off topic : you involved in the camp lejeune cancer business?

Gun

Gun boats shooting survivors ? The Liberty egressed under its own power ( Did not sink ) so why were there survivors in the water ???
here is the tale as published in proceedings of the naval institute.

this is an update based on recently declassified documennts so may vary from the conservative narrative.

You do not know jack fucking shit about the VIet Nam, you do however support and defend a 5-Deferment Draft Dodging Orange Shit Bag.
Back then, people who ran businesses essential to serving government personnel who were responsible for the welfare of several hundred Americans were not used for fighters. Donald Trump oversaw hundreds of workers in the hotel business. Military people were often sent to rest for a few days in American hotels, and hotels with convention halls were used by the military brass to discuss war issues, and sometimes it took a few days. Good hotels are harbingers of success. Our men fought like hell and needed frequent rests away from alien war assassins. In war times, Enemies would love to kill 300 brass military men had they no respite in a good hotel far away from the fighting, and the Trump hotels are skilled in comforting people who work hard.

It sickens me to see jealous punks scraping their shifty boots on a man who did his part in providing respite for all who have a lot of mouths to feed, a war to win, and a place to muse on good tactics to win in all kinds of war-related business.

You guys are groping for any detail that would sink this gifted man who has a track record of working for peace on earth and other people's prosperity so they can prosper the men and women who work for them and the American people. I wish at least one of you will someday see the good light of Trump and his family's efforts to make America the light of truth and justice for today and the future. The way I see it, his business prepared him for making America a beacon of light for peace and prosperity, and Donald Trump can get truly good prospects for our unique nation that has been a breadbasket for a hungry world, and gets our nation's people ready to work for peace, serving those who need help, and educating people in schools to build a society that begets excellence in all we do.

Love, beautress

Last edited:
Back then, people who ran businesses essential to serving government personnel who were responsible for the welfare of several hundred Americans were not used for fighters. Donald Trump oversaw hundreds of workers in the hotel business. Military people were often sent to rest for a few days in American hotels, and hotels with convention halls were used by the military brass to discuss war issues, and sometimes it took a few days. Good hotels are harbingers of success. Our men fought like hell and needed frequent rests away from alien war assassins. They'd love to kill 300 brass military men had they no respite in a good hotel skilled in comforting people who work hard.

It sickens me to see jealous punks scraping their shifty boots on a man who did his part in providing respite for all who have a lot of mouths to feed, a war to win, and a place to muse on good tactics to win in all kinds of war-related business.

You guys are groping for any detail that would sink this gifted man who has a track record of working for peace on earth and other people's prosperity so they can prosper the men and women who work for them and the American people. I wish at least one of you will someday see the good light of Trump and his family's efforts to make America the light of truth and justice for today and the future.
fred paid a quack to write little donnie a note..

it is oki, a leader like that would have gotten us all killed.l

The most disturbing thing I found out years later.
Was the White House would tell a Swiss diplomat which North Vietnam targets our bombers were going to hit 24 hours in advance so that civilians could be evacuated from the target area.
Of course that information was immediately given to the NVA and they surrounded the target area with massive numbers of SAM missiles and anti aircraft weapons.
US Air force pilot's were always puzzled how every target was soo heavily defended? Which resulted in a lot US bombers being shot down.

the worst place to view these grand strategic concepts is on the ground.

the questions of who is a communist and who just wants me to stop smashing their rice crop maybe should be asked

the answer to why we lost is much simpler than white house interference. the problem is logistics. a soldier who can fight on a handful of rice and stolen equipment can usually outlast the guys who need a bowling alley and a movie theatre.

off topic : you involved in the camp lejeune cancer business?

No I did infantry training at Camp Pendelton.

The most disturbing thing I found out years later.
Was the White House would tell a Swiss diplomat which North Vietnam targets our bombers were going to hit 24 hours in advance so that civilians could be evacuated from the target area.
Of course that information was immediately given to the NVA and they surrounded the target area with massive numbers of SAM missiles and anti aircraft weapons.
US Air force pilot's were always puzzled how every target was soo heavily defended? Which resulted in a lot US bombers being shot down.
we had plenty of cooperation from united nations who may have required notice to the red cross in switz?

There is not "driver' there is helmsman. Either way the Captain of the Evans relieved.
after the corps i finished a degree and became a surface warfare officer. i have stood watches on the bridge of a destroyer.

these naval disasters - the melbourne, the forrestal are drilled into young officers at newport and annapolis.

and certainly. the captain is ultimately responsible.

Hilarious

Hilarious

Tell us all where the front lines were in the Vietnam War again.
That's what I'm saying. The front lines are where you begin. The Pacific Islands were taken inch by inch during WW2. Korea was mismanaged but the strategy was to outflank the N.K and take real estate and keep it. The Vietnam conflict was a hodge podge of missions and exaggerated claims of "kills" and successes while the V.C. merely withdrew and took their dead and returned.

Forum List

Back