F-150 Lightning fire melts EV trucks, responding officer: 'We’re not putting this out:'

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Looks like Ford chose a good name for their pick-up.

Police body camera footage from an F-150 Lightning battery fire in a holding lot in Dearborn, Michigan, on Feb. 4 revealed dramatic images of three melted pickups, according to video footage released by police. Dearborn police and fire personnel responded to the incident, which involved three electric vehicles and resulted in a five-week production shutdown. No one was injured. The automaker worked with battery supplier SK On to identify the cause and resolution before restarting production. In March, after consulting with its supplier, Ford recalled 18 of the 2023 F-150 Lightning pickups.

We're not putting this out. Hey, Jimmy! Get those cases of Bud Light we confiscated earlier. Yeah, just chuck 'em in this here fire.

Not funny.

tough-crowd.gif

Keep your day job cleaning out jizz buckets at the stud farm.

Nah, my day job involves running a cactus nursery so people like you can buy 'em and shove 'em up your ass.

I was waiting in line for a tour bus in Vegas and it was right next to a fairly large Tesla recharging station. There were cars constantly coming in and leaving the whole time I was in line. Loved seeing it. That's the future.

I was waiting in line for a tour bus in Vegas and it was right next to a fairly large Tesla recharging station. There were cars constantly coming in and leaving the whole time I was in line. Loved seeing it. That's the future.

It is, but it's an illusion. If we think EVs are going to be any less environmentally destructive, we're eating some powerful magic mushrooms.

We're also basically playing into the hands of nations that aren't necessarily friendly toward the US and control the supply and supply chain of critical minerals.

Visiting Californicator's.
Most in Vegas can't afford EV'S.

You forgot to mention the hour or two the people had to sit in their EV waiting for the battery to fully charge.

You forgot to mention the hour or two the people had to sit in their EV waiting for the battery to fully charge.
That's what gets me. How can any reasonably active person stand to wait around that long?

I chafe at having to sit 45 minutes waiting for routine service on my car/truck a couple of times a year.

Hell, when I pull-up for gas and I would make a NASCAR pit crew proud. ;)

Once EV's are a sizeable percentage of the vehicles on the road, there will need to be several times as many charging stations as there are gas stations, since it will take hours instead of minutes to get these vehicles fueled and put back on the roads.

Once EV's are a sizeable percentage of the vehicles on the road, there will need to be several times as many charging stations as there are gas stations, since it will take hours instead of minutes to get these vehicles fueled and put back on the roads.

Not happening no time soon.

We’re going to need a whole lot of coal fired power plants for all those new charging stations.

Forum List

Back