Ford already has 20,000 reservations for new electric F-150 Lightning pickup

The battery pack on that stupid truck weights almost a ton and without a load it can hardly go 200 miles on a charge so only an idiot would buy one.

Ford has no worries. All these stupid Democrats in charge of the big city shitholes, Communist states and the Federal government will buy fleets of them with taxpayer's money. It will be a terrible purchase but doing stupid purchases have never stopped Democrats has it?

Thats a very good prediction. I’m disappointed I didn’t say it first.

People buy cars based on their weight or based on how much they can haul? Nobody cares how much a Tesla weighs or the old/new Hummers.

These trucks could make excellent fleet vehicles that stay within urban centers. With the exception of range these can be excellent work trucks, they start off every morning with a full tank, they have an onboard generator for electric tools and their maintenance like most EVs should be about half the cost of gas vehicles.

I'm really thinking you guys are letting your ulterior motives cloud your opinions.

I’m just agreeing that local governments are going to be buying these like crazy and Ford knows it. The capacity and the quality of the truck is irrelevant at this point. That might be a discussion in a few years once the guinea pigs are finished.

I hope they do. That will help improve the vehicle and push us closer to being less reliant on fossil fuels. They also appear to have a pretty good warranty and won't require as much maintenance.
How much fossil fuel does it take to build the fucking batteries?
Batteries that are fucking useless in a couple of years.
Goggle what it costs to replace the batteries in a three year old Tesla.

In a couple of years? That's false. As an example Tesla batteries last about 300-500k miles and then after that their capacity is reduced so you can still drive them but they should be replaced. Sounds a lot longer than 'a couple years' and more than many ICE engines will last without some major work, if the car even makes it that far.

Anyway, when comparing EV to gas carbon footprints, from manufacturing, driving and disposal it is clear that EVs are cleaner. Much of this of course will depend on where you drive. Though the source of energy is becoming more green all the time and even it it's a coal plant, it's still more efficient than an individual ICE

The ICE is not (or at all really) an efficient engine. Over half it's energy doesn't reach the tires. Where as an EV loses only a fraction of that.

Last edited:
Wait till they find out it $70,000 for one. LOL

How stupid are you?

Those who put that deposit down on the truck already knows how much it costs.

Wow it's embarrassing to see such a stupid person.
I take it you would pay $70,000 for a truck?? I sure wouldn't it was bad enough paying $35,000.

How embarrassing you are. Dumbass.

This truck isn't for everybody, certainly not people expecting a used car price for a brand new truck. Most if not all half ton crew cab trucks w/four wheel drive start off over $40k. Something this truck already gets you before adding a single upgrade. Fuel is cheap, save thousands in oil changes and other maintenance due to fewer moving parts. More horsepower, more torque than any other F-150 ever made including the Raptor (which is also not for everyone due to it's cost and shitty towing capability) makes this also the fastest F-150 ever made. This is also the very first year for this truck, how will it improve in 5 or 10 years?

This truck doesn't meet my needs at the moment but neither does any other 1/2 ton truck due to tow and haul limitations. This particular vehicle currently isn't going to be great for towing, that's OK, most trucks in this category suck too with any substantial weight. The Lightning isn't suffering in horsepower or torque, that's for sure like other half tons. The challenge is a limitation on recharging stations and the time it takes to charge. However even that is improving as more charging stations open up and charging times are reduced. I think this one will charge 15% to 80% in about 40 minutes on the fastest chargers, much improvement from years ago.

This truck will power your house during blackouts. Does your 1984 Chevy Impala do that?

But we all know what this is about. This truck could hit every mark and you'd still trash it for the color of the paint.

The repair costs are going to be outrageous.

What else can you pull out of your ass?

Do you know what repair costs are going to be? No? Didn't think so.
They will most likely be more expensive to fix.
Try to find a garage that will offer to fix a fucking electric vehicle.
Can you say: "No fucking way we will touch that shit! Take it to the dealership".........Where they will charge you three hundred bucks just to run a 'diagnostic' on it.

They said the same thing when they started throwing computers in them and at first that was true. In some cases it still is.

Doesn't change the fact that on average an EV requires less maintenance.

The battery pack on that stupid truck weights almost a ton and without a load it can hardly go 200 miles on a charge so only an idiot would buy one.

Ford has no worries. All these stupid Democrats in charge of the big city shitholes, Communist states and the Federal government will buy fleets of them with taxpayer's money. It will be a terrible purchase but doing stupid purchases have never stopped Democrats has it?

People buy cars based on their weight or based on how much they can haul? Nobody cares how much a Tesla weighs or the old/new Hummers.

These trucks could make excellent fleet vehicles that stay within urban centers. With the exception of range these can be excellent work trucks, they start off every morning with a full tank, they have an onboard generator for electric tools and their maintenance like most EVs should be about half the cost of gas vehicles.

I'm really thinking you guys are letting your ulterior motives cloud your opinions.

I’m just agreeing that local governments are going to be buying these like crazy and Ford knows it. The capacity and the quality of the truck is irrelevant at this point. That might be a discussion in a few years once the guinea pigs are finished.

I hope they do. That will help improve the vehicle and push us closer to being less reliant on fossil fuels. They also appear to have a pretty good warranty and won't require as much maintenance.

In a couple of years? That's false. As an example Tesla batteries last about 300-500k miles and then after that their capacity is reduced so you can still drive them but they should be replaced. Sounds a lot longer than 'a couple years' and more than many ICE engines will last without some major work, if the car even makes it that far.

Anyway, when comparing EV to gas carbon footprints, from manufacturing, driving and disposal it is clear that EVs are cleaner. Much of this of course will depend on where you drive. Though the source of energy is becoming more green all the time and even it it's a coal plant, it's still more efficient than an individual ICE

The ICE is not (or at all really) an efficient engine. Over half it's energy doesn't reach the tires. Where as an EV loses only a fraction of that.

Tesla has the top of the line batteries and that is why their cars are so expensive. Less expensive cars have cheaper shorter life batteries.

Batteries are not rated in miles but in recharges. It is more like 300-500 recharges.

This is a boneyard near Paris, France with hundreds of electric powered cars. Mind you these are only cars used by the City of Paris and not personal vehicles. All of these have the same issue,.... the battery storage cells have given out and need replaced. Why not just replace them you ask? Well two reasons. First the battery storage cells cost almost double what the vehicle cost new, and second no landfill or disposals will allow the batteries to be disposed of there. So these green fairy tale electric cars are all sitting in vacant lots while their batteries drain toxins into the ground.

1622841000832.png

Attachments

• 1622840841044.png
    1622840841044.png
    52.8 KB · Views: 25

Tesla has the top of the line batteries and that is why their cars are so expensive. Less expensive cars have cheaper shorter life batteries.

Batteries are not rated in miles but in recharges. It is more like 300-500 recharges.

This is a boneyard near Paris, France with hundreds of electric powered cars. Mind you these are only cars used by the City of Paris and not personal vehicles. All of these have the same issue,.... the battery storage cells have given out and need replaced. Why not just replace them you ask? Well two reasons. First the battery storage cells cost almost double what the vehicle cost new, and second no landfill or disposals will allow the batteries to be disposed of there. So these green fairy tale electric cars are all sitting in vacant lots while their batteries drain toxins into the ground.

View attachment 497397

Looks like a fleet of Star Wars Storm Troopers.

Looks like there is some interest in this vehicle---When the worlds most popular truck, the F-150, goes electric--it's a sign--of course, a lot of Right wing types won't buy it..since they can't blow a bunch of obnoxious smoke...LOL!

The automaker revealed the vehicle at 9:30 p.m. ET Wednesday night during an elaborate presentation at the company's world headquarters in Dearborn, Mich. The company's shares jumped by about 3% in premarket training.
The reservations are being closely watched by the company as well as investors to gauge the interest of customers in EV pickups, which is an unproven segment that automakers are rushing to enter.
Ford is taking reservations for the vehicle on its website. A refundable $100 deposit is required.

I probably won't buy a Ford because I don't like Ford however, if they build a truck that can pull a trailer 1000 miles a day, I am all in.

View attachment 497397
Oh, is the F-150 now a cheap truck? Before I kept hearing about how tremendously expensive they are.

Yes, batteries are not rated in miles, but EV warranties are. Sorry, didn't realize I had to explain that.

Also, that 300-500 charges refers to complete charging from 0-100% as that is damaging to the battery. I don't even believe the vehicle will allow the battery to drain down to zero. So, you're wrong there too.

You not only spread lies about those cars in France you literally plagiarized somebody else. Is your name Daniel White? Congratulations, twit.

1622841823906.png

Looks like there is some interest in this vehicle---When the worlds most popular truck, the F-150, goes electric--it's a sign--of course, a lot of Right wing types won't buy it..since they can't blow a bunch of obnoxious smoke...LOL!

The automaker revealed the vehicle at 9:30 p.m. ET Wednesday night during an elaborate presentation at the company's world headquarters in Dearborn, Mich. The company's shares jumped by about 3% in premarket training.
The reservations are being closely watched by the company as well as investors to gauge the interest of customers in EV pickups, which is an unproven segment that automakers are rushing to enter.
Ford is taking reservations for the vehicle on its website. A refundable $100 deposit is required.

90,000 dollars for a truck that will likely lose power in cold weather, takes forever to charge, and a battery that can't be put in a landfill when it is done in 5 years......

Why not spend that money on the vanity truck?

View attachment 497397
Oh, is the F-150 now a cheap truck? Before I kept hearing about how tremendously expensive they are.

Yes, batteries are not rated in miles, but EV warranties are. Sorry, didn't realize I had to explain that.

Also, that 300-500 charges refers to complete charging from 0-100% as that is damaging to the battery. I don't even believe the vehicle will allow the battery to drain down to zero. So, you're wrong there too.

You not only spread lies about those cars in France you literally plagiarized somebody else. Is your name Daniel White? Congratulations, twit.

View attachment 497403

Snopes consist of a Moon Bat cat lady and an ex Moon Bat husband. They lost their credibility years ago.

View attachment 497397

View attachment 497403

That is the problem with the LI batteries. They are expensive as hell, not really proven technology, an ecological disaster to produce and dispose of, have a short life span and are heavy as shit.

I have a 2013 Tundra truck. Seven years old and still in great shape. Running so good there is no need to replace it. I doubt any of these stupid EV vehicles will last on the road for seven years. If they did they would be at the end of their battery life

Only idiots buy them nowadays.

View attachment 497397

View attachment 497403

Snopes consist of a Moon Bat cat lady and an ex Moon Bat husband. They lost their credibility years ago.

Yet Snopes still managed to get the story right and provided links. All that and they didn't plagiarize a single sentence, unlike you.

View attachment 497397

View attachment 497403

That is the problem with the LI batteries. They are expensive as hell, not really proven technology, an ecological disaster to produce and dispose of, have a short life span and are heavy as shit.

I have a 2013 Tundra truck. Seven years old and still in great shape. Running so good there is no need to replace it. I doubt any of these stupid EV vehicles will last on the road for seven years. If they did they would be at the end of their battery life

Lithium batteries are unproven? OK.

The thing is nobody cares about your opinion. Nobody is asking you to buy the truck but you can't help but get angry over it and choose to plagiarize and lie about EVs.

Dude, deal with it. They are here, there will be more regardless of what you're driving, nobody cares what you drive it's not pertinent to the conversation.

View attachment 497397

View attachment 497403

The thing is nobody cares about your opinion. Nobody is asking you to buy the truck but you can't help but get angry over it and choose to plagiarize and lie about EVs.

Dude, deal with it. They are here, there will be more regardless of what you're driving, nobody cares what you drive it's not pertinent to the conversation.

Being an Engineer I know how to separate fact from bullshit. LI batteries are bullshit for the reasons I already stated several times in this thread and others.

There may be a day when there is good battery technology but it ain't today. I suspect that most of the people that buy a LI battery vehicle will regret it.

How stupid are you?

I take it you would pay $70,000 for a truck?? I sure wouldn't it was bad enough paying $35,000.

This truck isn't for everybody, certainly not people expecting a used car price for a brand new truck. Most if not all half ton crew cab trucks w/four wheel drive start off over $40k. Something this truck already gets you before adding a single upgrade. Fuel is cheap, save thousands in oil changes and other maintenance due to fewer moving parts. More horsepower, more torque than any other F-150 ever made including the Raptor (which is also not for everyone due to it's cost and shitty towing capability) makes this also the fastest F-150 ever made. This is also the very first year for this truck, how will it improve in 5 or 10 years?

This truck doesn't meet my needs at the moment but neither does any other 1/2 ton truck due to tow and haul limitations. This particular vehicle currently isn't going to be great for towing, that's OK, most trucks in this category suck too with any substantial weight. The Lightning isn't suffering in horsepower or torque, that's for sure like other half tons. The challenge is a limitation on recharging stations and the time it takes to charge. However even that is improving as more charging stations open up and charging times are reduced. I think this one will charge 15% to 80% in about 40 minutes on the fastest chargers, much improvement from years ago.

This truck will power your house during blackouts. Does your 1984 Chevy Impala do that?

But we all know what this is about. This truck could hit every mark and you'd still trash it for the color of the paint.

Can you say: "No fucking way we will touch that shit! Take it to the dealership".........Where they will charge you three hundred bucks just to run a 'diagnostic' on it.

They said the same thing when they started throwing computers in them and at first that was true. In some cases it still is.

"Hi honey. Sorry but I won't be home tonight. There's a fucking warning light that's flashing on my Tesla and when I drove it to a garage the mechanics fucking laughed when I asked them to find out what was wrong. They said I'd have to take it to the nearest Tesla dealer which is two hundred fucking miles away! The fucking dealership said they were too busy to look at my Tesla until next week and I'd have to leave it in a fucking parking lot which charges fifty bucks a day. I've only got ten miles left on the battery and no one knows where a fucking charging station is! The towing charge to the Tesla dealer is going to be four hundred bucks!
I'm thinking of setting fire to the fucking piece of shit like your uncle Nigel did to his, and then calling a fucking Uber.
No I didn't pick up the fucking tickets!".

View attachment 497397

View attachment 497403

Being an Engineer I know how to separate fact from bullshit. LI batteries are bullshit for the reasons I already stated several times in this thread and others.

Sorry, you're alleged personal experience doesn't cut it. Especially when you post obvious lies about companies discarding hundreds of EVs in a field in France and then can't even be original and have to plagiarize some other rando idiot on the internet. Funny how you don't bother to want to tackle why you did that and keep ignoring that faux pas. You know how to separate fact from fiction? When do you start doing that? It's not fun having to point out when a factvsfictioner such as yourself didn't bother to research the article they posted.

There may be a day when there is good battery technology but it ain't today. I suspect that most of the people that buy a LI battery vehicle will regret it.

The first Tesla came out in 2008 and now they are much better with affordable options. How long do we have to wait for the regret?

Truth be told LI batteries are more efficient than ICE as most of their power actually gets to the tires and as we both know most of the energy from gasoline is wasted on ICEs.

Last edited:

How stupid are you?

"Hi honey. Sorry but I won't be home tonight. There's a fucking warning light that's flashing on my Tesla and when I drove it to a garage the mechanics fucking laughed when I asked them to find out what was wrong. They said I'd have to take it to the nearest Tesla dealer which is two hundred fucking miles away! The fucking dealership said they were too busy to look at my Tesla until next week and I'd have to leave it in a fucking parking lot which charges fifty bucks a day. I've only got ten miles left on the battery and no one knows where a fucking charging station is! The towing charge to the Tesla dealer is going to be four hundred bucks!
I'm thinking of setting fire to the fucking piece of shit like your uncle Nigel did to his, and then calling a fucking Uber.
So, now you're just inventing a personal narrative?

As it turns out Tesla owners on average are more satisfied with their vehicles than other car owners.

And that's also considering that Tesla is riddled with issues on many components that they share with ICEs such as it's body, tires etc. It's what keeps me from buying a Tesla. Batteries haven't been a problem, that they don't build the rest of the cars very well is. Which is why Ford and other real auto makers pumping out more EVs is important. Ford, for better or worse knows how to make vehicles that people like, it's why they are number 1 right now. Mass producing cars is their bread and butter.

Last edited:

How stupid are you?

As it turns out Tesla owners on average are more satisfied with their vehicles than other car owners.

And that's also considering that Tesla is riddled with issues on many components that they share with ICEs such as it's body, tires etc. It's what keeps me from buying a Tesla. Batteries haven't been a problem, that they don't build the rest of the cars very well is. Which is why Ford and other real auto makers pumping out more EVs is important. Ford, for better or worse knows how to make vehicles that people like, it's why they are number 1 right now. Mass producing cars is their bread and butter.
You're full of shit as usual!
"The Model 3 is the only Tesla vehicle that Consumer Reports recommends. It previously recommended the Model S sedan, but the vehicle lost that recommendation due to reliability issues, the publication said."

How stupid are you?

You're full of shit as usual!
"The Model 3 is the only Tesla vehicle that Consumer Reports recommends. It previously recommended the Model S sedan, but the vehicle lost that recommendation due to reliability issues, the publication said."

What was I full of shit about? Do consumers rate Tesla's highly? Yes, they do.

Does Tesla have issues with their cars? Yes, a lot, having nothing to do with their batteries. Their vehicles just aren't put together very well to include the model 3. This is one reason why I think an established auto maker like Ford who knows how to build something could do well against Tesla.

New Topics

Forum List

Back