F150 lightning goes up in flames

Deplorable Yankee

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2019
DIXIE
Ford F-150 Lightning fire footage highlights a growing EV risk

PUBLISHED THU, APR 20 20238:00 AM EDTUPDATED THU, APR 20 2023AT 1:29 EDT
DEARBORN, Mich. — New video footage of a fire involving a Ford F-150 Lightning this year highlights a growing concern around electric vehicles: volatile fires from the batteries that power them.

The previously unreleased footage, which CNBC obtained through Michigan’s Freedom of Information Act from the Dearborn Police Department, shows smoke billowing from three tightly packed electric pickups in a Ford Motor holding lot in Dearborn, Michigan.

Moments later, flames shoot several feet above the vehicles, which were unoccupied. It wasn’t clear based on public documents and police video how long the fires burned. Experts say EV fires can take hours, rather than minutes, to extinguish.

EV fires have become a growing concern as automakers push to increase sales of electric vehicles and meet tightening emissions standards.

Read more (includes a video): Ford F-150 Lightning fire footage highlights a growing EV risk

How much slave labor went into that fireball

ajajnsjsjsjsjsjaj.png

Not one of your recalls has anything to do with safe and effective gasoline

Zip
Zilch
Zero
Nadda.

Batteries across a wide range of manufactured EVs from scooters to cars ...well thier common denominator is battery goes sizzle

I was told by a usmb lefttard that American made batteries would be better
Im still chuckling...

Not one of your recalls has anything to do with safe and effective gasoline

Zip
Zilch
Zero
Nadda.

Batteries across a wide range of manufactured EVs from scooters to cars ...well thier common denominator is battery goes sizzle

I was told by a usmb lefttard that American made batteries would be better
Im still chuckling...
Gasoline power cars suffer many times the number of fires, per vehicle mile, than do EVs. EVs are far, far safer wrt fires.

Why is being anti-EV such a litmus test for right wingers? Makes no sense. Dont buy one if you don’t want one. It’s like rooting against smart phones because you like your flip phone…so what? You guys are so weird.

Why is being anti-EV such a litmus test for right wingers? Makes no sense. Dont buy one if you don’t want one. It’s like rooting against smart phones because you like your flip phone…so what? You guys are so weird.
I do have to buy part of every EV that the government subsidizes

End the EV subsidies and mandates and we will never have to speak about this again

It does not happen to gasoline autos unless they are in a wreck

Of course they do.

Did you note read my recall links above? Do you think the owners were warned to not keep their vehicle in the garage because the manufacturer is worried about garage accidents?

Of course they do.

Did you note read my recall links above? Do you think the owners were warned to not keep their vehicle in the garage because the manufacturer is worried about garage accidents?
I cant find your link

Post it again

Forum List

Back