F150 lightning goes up in flames

Anybody see the vid of that Tesla last week on fire on the highway? Fucking thing exploded violently about 10 times.

Seeing now that sanctioned racing events and car shows beginning to ban EV's from events...paying attention to the FAFO Doctrine which always wins btw.... :fu: :fu:

I do have to buy part of every EV that the government subsidizes

End the EV subsidies and mandates and we will never have to speak about this again
Do you buy gasoline, cars, fly on planes, or transact with banks? Those industries are subsidized too but you don’t seem to be up in arms there. It really is some kind of badge of honor to just really be against anything that is not burning oil. What made you that way?

Everyone who's tallied the numbers. It's been posted here repeatedly but I guess you missed it. Here are a few:
This one says ICE fires are eleven times more common than EV fires per traveled mile
This one says ICE fires are 61 times more common then EV fires per car
Here is Kelly's Blue Book. They seem to be using the same study as the previous link and have the same numbers.

You'd have to find your dick first. I don't think there is a microscope strong enough to locate such a small item.
When you are reduced to personal insults as your base argument you have lost

And in this case you blinked first

Everyone who's tallied the numbers. It's been posted here repeatedly but I guess you missed it. Here are a few:
This one says ICE fires are eleven times more common than EV fires per traveled mile
Here is Kelly's Blue Book. They seem to be using the same study as the previous link and have the same numbers.
So, Mac-7, do you accept that ICE vehicles have a far greater fire risk than EVs?

Do you buy gasoline, cars, fly on planes, or transact with banks? Those industries are subsidized too but you don’t seem to be up in arms there. It really is some kind of badge of honor to just really be against anything that is not burning oil. What made you that way?
Government does not pay me a penny for my gasoline when I fill up

In fact I pay taxes on every gallon of gas I buy

But greenies get a personal refund in their pocket paid for by me for your solar panels and electric cars

That obscene and unAmerican

So, Mac-7, do you accept that ICE vehicles have a far greater fire risk than EVs?
No, why should I accept an unproven lib lie?

You can safely park an ICE auto in your garage with no danger of it spontaneously bursting into flames in the middle of the night while you sleep

Bur EV’s can and do burn down their owners homes and maybe the owner too if they are sound sleepers

EVs are like the vax. Unsafe and ineffective.

Engines and transmissions also eventually wear out, as all things eventually wear out. But batteries wear out faster, especially if they are used regularly. This is another paradox-liability of electric cars. Batteries last longest when they are used the least. When they are kept mostly charged up rather than heavily discharged – and then subjected to repeated high-load recharging, as at a “fast” charger.

What is good about capacity that wanes when used?

And what good is not having to buy gas when you’ve just paid twice as much to drive an EV? Even “inexpensive” models like the Leaf and Chevy Bolt cost about $10,000 more than non-electric equivalents, such as the Nissan Versa. And the EV is likely to cost more – to recharge – as demand for electricity waxes while generating capacity wanes. Here we arrive at another paradox-liability of EVs. That being, the more of them on the road, the more expensive electricity is likely to become – and not just for recharging electric cars.

Electricity already powers much of everything else – such as the lights (and AC) in your house. There isn’t much reserve capacity available for anything else. Without an increase in generating capacity to match the increased demand for electricity from all those EVs coming into service there will inevitably be more cost for electricity, applied generally.

Expect your power bill to go up even if you don’t own an EV. And if you do own one, expect to pay more electricity, in addition to all the other ways you’ll be paying.

Save the peaches and cream for the next gullible lib you meet

This is from your link:

Whilst the occurrence is lower for EVs, when an EV does catch fire, the consequences can be very problematic. The mixture of chemicals in the battery can prove extremely volatile and difficult to extinguish. Several EV fires have destroyed garages and neighboring vehicles and fire departments have had to be educated on how to deal with EVs specifically. EV fires can continue to reignite for days after initially being extinguished. It doesn't help that the occurrence of EV fires can be unpredictable, with research conducted by IDTechExsuggesting that a third of EV fires occur when the vehicle is stationary, parked, and not charging.

Whether the data is correct or skewed by lefty ideologues, the frantic urgency of liberals to force EVs on everyone is a big turnoff for me

I dont like having my arm twisted

When you are reduced to personal insults as your base argument you have lost

And in this case you blinked first
giphy.gif

You went there first dickless.

No, why should I accept an unproven lib lie?
If you think that's the case, then you need to go find some authoritative stance that supports your position. EVERYWHERE I've looked says that ICE cars suffer many more fires than EVs, whether per car or per mile
You can safely park an ICE auto in your garage with no danger of it spontaneously bursting into flames in the middle of the night while you sleep
That is simply not true for a number of ICE models. The recall mentioned earlier in this thread warned specifically of that threat for a range of ICE vehicles.
Bur EV’s can and do burn down their owners homes and maybe the owner too if they are sound sleepers
Not as often as gasoline cars. Not by a long shot. But since you disagree, I'm sure you can provide some reliable evidence of the fact.

If you think that's the case, then you need to go find some authoritative stance that supports your position. EVERYWHERE I've looked says that ICE cars suffer many more fires than EVs, whether per car or per mile

That is simply not true for a number of ICE models. The recall mentioned earlier in this thread warned specifically of that threat for a range of ICE vehicles.

Not as often as gasoline cars. Not by a long shot. But since you disagree, I'm sure you can provide some reliable evidence of the fact.
I am not here to change your mind on EVs

What I care about is protecting my best interests from the greenie bullshitters

Government does not pay me a penny for my gasoline when I fill up

In fact I pay taxes on every gallon of gas I buy

But greenies get a personal refund in their pocket paid for by me for your solar panels and electric cars

That obscene and unAmerican
You are kidding right?

I am not here to change your mind on EVs

What I care about is protecting my best interests from the greenie bullshitters
Then why are you participating in a discussion board? If you want to convince people that greenies are doing something that puts you at increased risk, you will have to find evidence to support your position particularly since I've just presnted multiple articles from reliable sources that show you to be completely incorrect on this point. Gasoline powered vehicles suffer FAR higher rates of fires than do EVs.

Forum List

Back