Ford F-150 Lightning EV Truck Production Paused Over Battery Issue

Those who have signed up to buy this truck long ago accepted the fact that they would be waiting a long time before they actually get their truck. The only people who will drop off the list are people whose current truck becomes intolerable in the meantime.

As these things go, that truck is relatively fantastic, offering tremendous performance, great range, and utility that is dramatically greater than the ICE F-150, which is the best selling vehicle in the U.S.

Unless someone else show up with an EXISTING truck that is better (ain't gonna happen), I would continue to wait. No real problem.

Those who have signed up to buy this truck long ago accepted the fact that they would be waiting a long time before they actually get their truck. The only people who will drop off the list are people whose current truck becomes intolerable in the meantime.

As these things go, that truck is relatively fantastic, offering tremendous performance, great range, and utility that is dramatically greater than the ICE F-150, which is the best selling vehicle in the U.S.

Unless someone else show up with an EXISTING truck that is better (ain't gonna happen), I would continue to wait. No real problem.

An EV truck is utterly worthless. No towing ability is just the beginning

Those who have signed up to buy this truck long ago accepted the fact that they would be waiting a long time before they actually get their truck. The only people who will drop off the list are people whose current truck becomes intolerable in the meantime. As these things go, that truck is relatively fantastic, offering tremendous performance, great range, and utility that is dramatically greater than the ICE F-150, which is the best selling vehicle in the U.S. Unless someone else show up with an EXISTING truck that is better (ain't gonna happen), I would continue to wait. No real problem.

WHAT YOU SMOKING?
How High Are You Right Now? | Playbuzz

My studies show that any EV user should expect at best about 75% the advertised driving distance.

And just forget about cold weather driving!

Acid leak that dissolves the truck and it's passengers? Chemical fire? Sudden loss of power on an interstate highway? WTF is the problem?

Anyone foolish enough to buy one of the Ford EV pickup trucks.
Better plan on suffering thru years breakdowns and disappointment. .. :cuckoo:

Sunni, the entire EV industry is a half-baked attempt for an auto industry to jump up to meet a need and deadline created by the government, much like the covid vaccine, long before it is really ready for prime-time and the suckers, I mean customers will be the highly disappointed guinea pigs.

DURING THE SUPERBOWL, I saw an ad of this Jeep driving through the jungle meeting all kinds of animals, birds and fish all happily dancing and the passengers were just happy as pie as life just couldn't get any better!

Finally, they arrive on top of this big hill and there is a charging station right there out in the middle of nowhere! So they plug in easy-peazy and ZAP! The bar graph charges up in like TWO SECONDS! Electric is so cool and easy!

Then the commercial ends saying: FREEDOM IS ELECTRIC! They are literally baiting suckers in to buy these cars making absurd and unrealistic promises and expectations in a fantasy world of rainbows and unicorns because few would buy them if they really knew the truth!

Dude WTF are you smoking? Like really? The F150 gas truck outdoes the electric in every way, range, towing range, speed to get refueled, performance in cold conditions, etc. The only thing the electric truck has is acceleration. So you'll be the first to the dealership to return it for a refund.

And there are many F150s that are 10 years old still running around just fine. WTF you gonna do when your battery goes to shit in 10 years and the replacement cost is more than the value of the truck?

Last edited:
Dude WTF are you smoking? Like really? The F150 gas truck outdoes the electric in every way, range, towing range, speed to get refueled, performance in cold conditions, etc. The only thing the electric truck has is acceleration. So you'll be the first to the dealership to return it for a refund.

And there are many F150s that are 10 years old still running around just fine. WTF you gonna do when your battery goes to shit in 10 years and the replacement cost is more than the value of the truck?

ICE Trucks represent independence and "toxic masculinity" to liberal democrats.... everything they hate. The EVs represent to them conformity and dependency... where they all want us to end up, while they fly around in private jets.

An EV truck is utterly worthless. No towing ability is just the beginning
But but but you're saving the planet! I'm also wondering that if a huge company like Ford is having a battery problem then how is John or Jane Doe going to get a battery for the Ford they already have? Guess you have to park it in the yard for a few months or years and buy a used car that runs on gas until your 10K EV battery finally comes in, after Ford gets all of theirs first.

I test drove one of these my Ford dealer had for exhibit... we broke down a mile away from the dealership lol....
Last year a friend of mine bought a new Ranger, and could not get out of the dealership parking lot. The matter was eventually resolved.

Electric drills, blowers and mowers are one thing, but 4 wheel vehicles is another. No way I would buy an EV.

10 years from now used car lots will be full of EV's they can't sell because the battery is close to needing replacing. Which will cost more than the EV is worth.
The people that were foolish enough to by one. Will have a nice ornament setting on the driveway when the expensive electronic parts start needing replaced, and only the dealership with their sky high hourly repair rates and parts can fix..

I buy a new f150 about every 3 years. Only put about 3000 miles per year on them. Not ready for an EV yet.

Electric drills, blowers and mowers are one thing

I've given up on them as well. Unless you are a contractor using these tools every day constantly charging the batteries, they are a waste of time. Every one I ever bought was either discharged when I picked it up needing it or the battery went bad and I couldn't use it at all. Too easy to just run a power cord to the nearest outlet or extension.

10 years from now used car lots will be full of EV's they can't sell because the battery is close to needing replacing. Which will cost more than the EV is worth.
The people that were foolish enough to by one. Will have a nice ornament setting on the driveway when the expensive electronic parts start needing replaced, and only the dealership with their sky high hourly repair rates and parts can fix..

People are already finding that out. One girl paid $12,000 for a used EV that was only 10 years old and 6 mo - 1 year later it died and needed a new battery which was no longer even available! No one buying an EV today knows:
  1. The true longevity of their new EV battery.
  2. Whether it will still be made when a replacement is needed.
  3. What the true conditions will be in ten years as far as cost of electricity or availability of charging.
  4. Whether they will be able to afford the ~$25,000 or more that it will cost to replace the battery (some are TWICE that).
  5. How it will impact their lives always being tethered to a charging station they may not find and may not have time to wait for access and time to recharge when traveling, much less the limitations imposed being power limited when you need it MOST, ie: severe weather, winter, being stranded in a storm, heavy hauling.
  6. How much they will lose when they try to sell their used EV without it having a brand new and warranted battery in it.
  7. The constant worry of it catching fire parked in their garage and burning their home down.
  8. What future spying, control and data acquisition software the government could impose on future EV users.
  9. Then there is the matter of what will poor people do who can't even afford them?
  10. When your EV breaks down or stops working, there is absolutely NO user serviceable parts in there and so, NO POSSIBILITY of you solving the problem yourself and getting back on the road. You are DEAD.
If you think I'm kidding, they can already send a command to your power meter turning off the power to your house--- I think it almost certain they will do this with EV cars that if the authorities feel they have just cause, they will simply disable your EV keeping you from driving. Maybe you've skipped out on your alimony payment, or simply just drove too much during the wrong time of day or exceeded your annual allotment of travel.

They are promoting EVs as a "freedom" so right off the top that tells you that EVs are all about CONTROL. And as an EE, I can tell you that electrical devices are the easiest to control.

Forum List

Back