Ford F-150 Lightning EV Truck Production Paused Over Battery Issue

.1. Too heavy

2. Limited mileage

3. Deteriorating capacity over time

4. Slow charging times

5. Fire hazard

6. Tremendous burden on already stressed electrical grid.

There may be a good battery technology one of these days but it is not L-I. Many people who bought L-I vehicles will regret it.
It's a Ford.

.1. Too heavy

2. Limited mileage

4. Slow charging times

5. Fire hazard

7. Poor performance in cold weather.

There may be a good battery technology one of these days but it is not L-I. Many people who bought L-I vehicles will regret it.
Great thank you for the direct answer. What would be a comparable vehicle in the same class that you would consider great technology?

Not my style but you do see how spoiled you sound calling this truck a crappy product right?

I call it L-I shitty technology because it is. Maybe one of these days they will come up good vehicle battery technology but it is not L-I.

My son who has a Tesla said he is getting rid of his and never buying another one.

I call it L-I shitty technology because it is. Maybe one of these days they will come up good vehicle battery technology but it is not L-I.

My son who has a Tesla said he is getting rid of his and never buying another one.
No you call it that because you’re playing politics and are bitter that Government regulated and subsidized the EV market so now you blindly hate and attack it.

Wanna know how many people hated and were disappointed with the personal computer or the iPhone when gen 1 came out? Should I show you some YoubTube videos? Doesn’t mean they were crappy pieces of tech. This is how progress is made

Ford Escape has also ceased production. If you order a F150 it comes with a dildo so you can fuck yourself.

No you call it that because you’re playing politics and are bitter that Government regulated and subsidized the EV market so now you blindly hate and attack it.

Wanna know how many people hated and were disappointed with the personal computer or the iPhone when gen 1 came out? Should I show you some YoubTube videos? Doesn’t mean they were crappy pieces of tech. This is how progress is made

You are confused Moon Bat. All that partisan hate is fucking up your mind.

I have nothing against EVs, if they work. Being an Engineer I am capable of understanding technology and L-I is shitty technology for vehicles. L-I is fine for hand held power drills and weed trimmers but it doesn't work very well for vehicles. I listed the reasons in another post.

Solid State battery technology shows better promise and fixes some of the major problems we have with L-I but it hasn't been engineered to be viable yet. There are some other technologies they are looking into that may be better but they are a long way off.

However, the big problem with any major use of EVs is the tremendous strain it will put on our existing electrical grid. There is no way our grid can handle a high percentage of EV charging.

These Communist states like California that are putting in mandates for EVs will regret that decision big time one of these days. It will be a major fuck up.

296864520_620304659451149_5411653063294711966_n.jpg

.1. Too heavy

2. Limited mileage

4. Slow charging times

5. Fire hazard

7. Poor performance in cold weather.

I'll add #8). Mark my words, if EVs ever become the defacto standard only choice, the fed is going to swoop in and add tracking and control software to them to gather information about you and to take away your ride for any reason of their choice.

I'll add #8). Mark my words, if EVs ever become the defacto standard only choice, the fed is going to swoop in and add tracking and control software to them to gather information about you and to take away your ride for any reason of their choice.
A good way to tax you for mileage. A Liberal's wet dream.

I hope it gets fixed. It's my understanding it can be used to power your house for a day or two. That can be a big deal post storm.

I've given up on them as well. Unless you are a contractor using these tools every day constantly charging the batteries, they are a waste of time. Every one I ever bought was either discharged when I picked it up needing it or the battery went bad and I couldn't use it at all. Too easy to just run a power cord to the nearest outlet or extension.
Dunno, I'm on my second drill/impact driver set (had my first set stolen) and I have zero issues with them. Keep the batteries refreshed and you're good to go. Plus they're safer than their hardwired counterparts. That being said, I am not sold on the whole EV/BEB thing either. My transit agency, which I work for, just put ten New Flyer Xcelsior XE40 Charge buses on the road. Although they tout a 300 mile range between charges, they are only being sent out on early straight runs. Fortunately for me, I don't ever have to deal with them since they are out of a garage I don't work. My garage is still full diesel/HEV units and we also put 10 new Diesels on the road at the same time.

Tesla advertises the max range their EV's will go based on a 100% charge.
But their service bulletins strongly advise owners to only charge their EV to 80%.
Because regular charging to 100% for local daily driving. Will greatly reduce the long term life of the battery.
That the only time owners can charge to 100% with the least amount of battery degradation. Is right before going on a long distance trip.

Forum List

Back