Even Jesus lost confidence in God

more proof you have no clue either....your description of jesus's antics are based on a false premise...
that premise is that jesus is god.
as for the rest of your rambling, you're preaching, nothing more. all of it is easily refuted...but that is unnecessary as anyone not indoctrinated with willful ignorance can see it's fantasy..

If it was easily refuted, you'd be refuting it instead of simply saying it's fantasy.

God still loves you, you know. He hasn't given up on you even if you have given up on Him. And when the time comes He will welcome you back with open arms.
as always you either have trouble with the concept or want to argue minutia..

more proof you have no clue either....your description of jesus's antics are based on a false premise...
that premise is that jesus is god.
as for the rest of your rambling, you're preaching, nothing more. all of it is easily refuted...but that is unnecessary as anyone not indoctrinated with willful ignorance can see it's fantasy..

If it was easily refuted, you'd be refuting it instead of simply saying it's fantasy.

God still loves you, you know. He hasn't given up on you even if you have given up on Him. And when the time comes He will welcome you back with open arms.

You mean backing up what you say? I'm very familiar with the concept. Why do you think I am always encouraging people to go to the Lord on matters of faith? Because the best source of Spiritual knowledge comes from the Lord (actually the best source of all knowledge comes from the Lord).

I just find discussion is more productive if it goes beyond "You're stupid" "You're living in fantasy" and we go into specifics of what is wrong with the other person's post, why you disagree, etc.

I come to message boards to discuss things with people not just tell everyone they are stupid.

Failed biblical prophecies

Creationists claim that fulfilled prophecies prove the Bible’s inerrancy and therefore its accuracy on scientific subjects. For example, the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania publication "Life--How did it get here? By evolution or by creation?" states, "With so many fulfilled prophecies already to its credit, the Bible has indeed established itself as the book 'inspired of God.'" [1]

However, any example of apparent prophecy fulfillment that is presented can be explained, such as by its creative interpretation or being written after the event. Thus, although it is possible to identify parallels between Bible verses and subsequently occurring events, alleged prophecy fulfillment is not sufficient to compel belief in the inerrancy of the Bible.
Failed biblical prophecies - RationalWiki

Failed Bible Prophecies

Christians claim that the Bible has hundreds of fulfilled prophecies, and is proof of its divine inspiration. In actuality, these so called fulfilled prophecies failed, were false or weren't prophecies at all. Many of these prophecies are so vague, they can be attributed to different events. It's also a fact that the Bible was written many years after these presumed prophecies and their "fulfillment" took place. It's also fair to mention that nowhere in the Bible will you find countries such as the United States, Russia, China, Korea, Great Britain prophesied. Oh Christians will tell you that they are, if you know how to interpret the Bible.

Genesis 26:4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed.

Here God tells Isaac that his descendents (Hebrews) will be as numerous as the stars. Considering the number of stars there are in the universe, that would have to be on the order of 1020 Jewish people.

Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Christians say that this verse is a prophecy of Jesus' birth to a virgin. There are a couple problems with this prophecy...First, virgin in this verse is a mistranslation of the Hebrew word "almah", which actually means "young woman". A young woman is not necessarily a virgin. "Bethulah" would have been the correct word to use if the author meant virgin. Second, nowhere in the New Testament is Jesus referred to as Immanuel.

Isaiah 17:1 The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.

Damascus is still inhabited today with over a million people, and hardly a ruinous heap.

Isaiah 19:4-5 And the Egyptians will I give over into the hand of a cruel lord; and a fierce king shall rule over them, saith the Lord, the LORD of hosts. And the waters shall fail from the sea, and the river shall be wasted and dried up.

The river mentioned here is the Nile. The Nile is still one of Egypt's greatest natural resource.

Isaiah 19:18 In that day shall five cities in the land of Egypt speak the language of Canaan, and swear to the LORD of hosts; one shall be called, The city of destruction.

The Canaanite language has never been spoken in Egypt, and is now an extinct.

Isaiah 52:1 Awake, awake; put on thy strength, O Zion; put on thy beautiful garments, O Jerusalem, the holy city: for henceforth there shall no more come into thee the uncircumcised and the unclean.

There are uncircumcised people living in Jerusalem even today.

Ezekiel 29:10-11 Behold, therefore I am against thee, and against thy rivers, and I will make the land of Egypt utterly waste and desolate, from the tower of Syene even unto the border of Ethiopia. No foot of man shall pass through it, nor foot of beast shall pass through it, neither shall it be inhabited forty years.

Never in its long history has Egypt ever been uninhabited for forty years.

Amos 9:15 And I will plant them upon their land, and they shall no more be pulled up out of their land which I have given them, saith the LORD thy God.

Many times, Jews have been pulled up out of their land. The ownership of their land is still being fought for.

Jonah 3:4 And Jonah began to enter into the city a day's journey, and he cried, and said, Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown.

Nineveh was never overthrown. Why? Because God changed his mind in verse 3:10, despite what Malachi 3:6, Numbers 23:19 and Ezekiel 24:14 says about God never changing his mind.

Jonah 3:10 And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not.

Zechariah 11:12 And I said unto them, If ye think good, give me my price; and if not, forbear. So they weighed for my price thirty pieces of silver.

Christians say that this prophecy is was fulfilled when Judas received 30 pieces of silver for betraying Jesus. Matthew 27:9 recites this verse, but incorrectly credits Jeremiah with the prophecy.

Matthew 1:22-23 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Again, Jesus is never referred to as Emmanuel (Immanuel).

Matthew 2:23 And he came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets, He shall be called a Nazarene.

Nowhere in the Old Testament is such a prophecy found, so how could such a one be fulfilled?

Matthew 12:5 Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?

There is no passage in the Old Testament that can be attributed to what Jesus is saying here.

Matthew 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

Jesus states that all the signs marking the end of the world in Matthew 24 would be fulfilled before his generation ended. That generation ended 2000 years ago, and the world has not come to an end, neither has all those signs been fulfilled.

Matthew 27:9 Then was fulfilled that which was spoken by Jeremy the prophet, saying, And they took the thirty pieces of silver, the price of him that was valued, whom they of the children of Israel did value.

This prophecy was never spoken by Jeremiah.

Matthew 26:64 Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

Jesus tells the high priest that he would see his second coming. The high priest is long dead, and Jesus hasn't returned yet.

Throughout the New Testament, the end of the world is prophesied as being very near, at hand, to be witnessed by those living at the time. Paul often told the people he preached to that they would be witnesses to Jesus' second coming. They are all long gone.

© 1999 Derrick Miller

Failed Prophecies

You mean backing up what you say? I'm very familiar with the concept. Why do you think I am always encouraging people to go to the Lord on matters of faith? Because the best source of Spiritual knowledge comes from the Lord (actually the best source of all knowledge comes from the Lord).

I just find discussion is more productive if it goes beyond "You're stupid" "You're living in fantasy" and we go into specifics of what is wrong with the other person's post, why you disagree, etc.

I come to message boards to discuss things with people not just tell everyone they are stupid.
guess you have trouble with concepts.
MOST EVERYTHING i POST REGARDING RELIGION and FAITH IS SELF EVIDENT..
IT NEEDS NO BACKING UP..
you on the other hand need to have a whole arsenal of bullshit to bolster your argument..
Joseph smiths death is a good example of this..
I don't think you're stupid ....

what a bunch of nonsensical blabber above :lol:

Jesus IS God Himself.

Jesus taught--he has a God-John 20:17, rev 3:12---Jesus taught--John 17:1-6--the one who sent him( Father-John 5:30) is THE ONLY TRUE GOD----verse 6 = YHWH(Jehovah) --- trinity teachers refuse to believe Jesus. The trinity translations are filled with trinity errors that contradict Jesus' truth.

Revelation 1:4 ¶ John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace [be] unto you, and peace, from him (g3588, ὁ ho) which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;

It is interesting that G3588 ὁ ho has a word count of 8 for "the son". I believe the word "and" links Him (which is, and which was, and which is to come) with "His throne". My assumption is the first and the last is a synonym for Him "which is, and which was, and which is to come".

Authorized Version (KJV) Translation Count — Total: 543 AV — which 413, who 79, the things 11, the son 8, misc 32

Greek Lexicon :: G3588 (KJV)

Revelation 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, [who is] the faithful witness, [and] the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

Him (which is, and which was, and which is to come) AND from Jesus Christ..... John 1:1 shows you who was... but He took on flesh (.14).

Revelation 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Revelation 1:17–18 and 2:8 add further weight to the deity of Christ, for they reveal Him as the first and the last, who became dead and lives forever. Now, since Jehovah is the only first and last (cf. Isaiah references), either He and Christ are “One,” or to claim otherwise Jehovah’s Witnesses must deny the authority of Scripture.

Walter Martin's Religious InfoNet - Kingdom of the Cults

Jehovah declares in Isaiah 44:6 that He alone is the first and the last and the only God, which eliminates forever any confusion as to their being two “firsts and lasts.” Since Jehovah is the only God, then how can the be “a god,” a lesser god than Jehovah, as Jehovah’s Witnesses declare in John 1:1? (The Emphatic Diaglott and New World Translation). Many times Jehovah declares His existence as the “only” God and Savior (Isaiah 41:4; 43:10–13; 44:6; 45:5; 48:12; etc.). This is indeed irrefutable proof, since Christ could not be our Savior and Redeemer if He were not Jehovah, for Jehovah is the only Savior of men’s souls (Isaiah 43:11).

ibid.

John 1:1 is erred in trinity translations.

Its 100% fact of reality--in the ot, the israelites served a single being God named YHWH(Jehovah) -- the same God taught to mortal Jesus his first 30 years-- as much as Jesus any wrong done or said against his Father--Jesus would have told the Israelite teachers that they were serving a false single being God, but he didn't--he taught to all who believe him over lies--he has a God. His Father= YHWH(Jehovah)

It is Jehovahs power that goes through Jesus( acts 2:22) ---- Same as it did with Moses--who saved Israel from Pharoah--Moses? or God? same works with Jesus--Jehovah is the power that makes Jesus be able to be savior--so Jehovah is the savior doing it through Jesus which makes him savior as well. Only because the Father willed it to be.

When Jesus comes back He certainly wont be extending government hand outs or increasing taxes on people.

He will feed the people. He will decrease their burdens, not increase them.
you're having that dream again!!!!

Im simply looking at what He did during His life and applying it forward. His mission was to set free the captive. To loosen the burdens on the people. He didn't sit around calling for Rome to extend unemployment benefits. He taught people to work and to trust in God for their sustenance. He taught His disciples to help those around them in their personal ministry. He actually fed the people instead of calling on the government to.

When Christ returns, we will be living 1000 years of paradise. We will be working under his direction to restore the earth to its paradisical glory. We won't be unemployed. We will all be doing our part to build the Kingdom on earth.

to restore the earth to its paradisical glory.

that is the mission to be completed (beforehand) as the Triumph of Good to placate the Deity and to save the species - otherwise your books depiction of Evil's triumph, Armageddon will be the unheralded ending.

Forum List

Back