Even Jesus lost confidence in God

So Noah getting 2 polar bears from the arctic on his boat actually happened? Did he go gather them himself or did Santa Claus drop them off?

Not at all. And more to the point see how defensive you get? Over a book! I said that it is a repository of mans history dealing with a particular part of the world. The fact that you take what I wrote completely out of context exposes you for the belligerent non thinker you accuse everyone else of being.

The Bible is a history book. Some people feel it is the word of God. Who am I to say otherwise? What possible harm can it do me or my family if they choose to believe that? What harm can it do you? The answer of course is none.

But that won't prevent YOU from trying to impose YOUR will on other people. And that is both wrong and sadly pathetic.
You're the one claiming that the bible is a history book. So how did Noah get 2 polar bears on his boat?

I said it's a HISTORY book, not a fantasy book.

God did not create a carnivorous Garden.
There was no death until god had to kill 2 animals to clothe Adam & Eve.
Then animals and humans became carnivorous and a curse was put upon earth so that we have to contend with weeds and death.

There was no death until god had to kill 2 animals to clothe Adam & Eve ...

that's a new one, is it from your book ? -

the spoken religion I believe in reference to your book refers to Flora (fig leaves) for clothing, Linen Cotton Silk - or maybe your book has it backwards as who did the killing. the NRA - National Rock Association did it.

For shame Peaches, you would believe God would take a life for such a reason -

"and a curse was put upon earth" - really ?

She is absolutely right.
The book refers to fig leaves as the coverings the man and woman created for themselves. Being new at sinning they didn't realize that only blood covered sin. Animal blood as a temporary covering, until the pure blood of a sinless man was made available. God loved them enough to cover them. He loved us enough to cover us.

Not at all. And more to the point see how defensive you get? Over a book! I said that it is a repository of mans history dealing with a particular part of the world. The fact that you take what I wrote completely out of context exposes you for the belligerent non thinker you accuse everyone else of being.

The Bible is a history book. Some people feel it is the word of God. Who am I to say otherwise? What possible harm can it do me or my family if they choose to believe that? What harm can it do you? The answer of course is none.

But that won't prevent YOU from trying to impose YOUR will on other people. And that is both wrong and sadly pathetic.
You're the one claiming that the bible is a history book. So how did Noah get 2 polar bears on his boat?

So if getting two of every animal on the ark is fantasy, then the bible isn't a history book.

Then animals and humans became carnivorous and a curse was put upon earth so that we have to contend with weeds and death.

the spoken religion I believe in reference to your book refers to Flora (fig leaves) for clothing, Linen Cotton Silk - or maybe your book has it backwards as who did the killing. the NRA - National Rock Association did it.

Genesis 3:20-21
20 And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.

21 Unto Adam also and to his wife did the Lord God make coats of skins, and clothed them.

Genesis 3-17-19

And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

3:18 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;

3:19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

If you are going to criticize at least know what it is all about first.

Last edited:
I'm saying it is more correct about ancient history than anyone has given it credit for. You want to destroy it, and marginalize it, because it interferes with your world view. How sad is that.

It is one of the first written records that man has of the ancient past. It should be celebrated for that aspect. Only cretins wish to burn books of any sort.
So Noah getting 2 polar bears from the arctic on his boat actually happened? Did he go gather them himself or did Santa Claus drop them off?

"Never under estimate the power of large groups of stupid people."
Most wars throughout history were the cause of what stupid people "believed". Most recently, the Iraq/Afghan wars.

"Never under estimate the power of large groups of stupid people."
Most wars throughout history were the cause of what stupid people "believed". Most recently, the Iraq/Afghan wars.

Jeremiah 10
10: But the LORD is the true God; he is the living God and the everlasting King. At his wrath the earth quakes, and the nations cannot endure his indignation.
11: Thus shall you say to them: "The gods who did not make the heavens and the earth shall perish from the earth and from under the heavens."
12: It is he who made the earth by his power, who established the world by his wisdom, and by his understanding stretched out the heavens.
13: When he utters his voice there is a tumult of waters in the heavens, and he makes the mist rise from the ends of the earth. He makes lightnings for the rain, and he brings forth the wind from his storehouses.
14: Every man is stupid and without knowledge; every goldsmith is put to shame by his idols; for his images are false, and there is no breath in them.
15: They are worthless, a work of delusion; at the time of their punishment they shall perish.
16: Not like these is he who is the portion of Jacob, for he is the one who formed all things, and Israel is the tribe of his inheritance; the LORD of hosts is his name.

Genesis 3:20-21
20 And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.

21 Unto Adam also and to his wife did the Lord God make coats of skins, and clothed them.

Genesis 3-17-19

And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

3:18 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;

3:19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

King James 2000 Bible

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth.

genesis 1:26 - the above is as far as I will read of that book till its fallacy is corrected ... the spoken religion makes no such assertion.

it is always an adventure to read what is posted from within however and I see after 26 I would not be reading much further before setting it aside again ... one is far safer believing the spoken religion over that book for it is ones own Spirit speaking and not someone else's.

too bad so many accept what was posted would be the True religion verbatim rather than searching and printing the truth.

when you find the original 10 Commandments etched by God your scribes lost and substituted with theirs - would compare the two as is done with all other those have written and for their sake relieve them of their sins.

good luck Peaches.

what about a T-REX OR Apatosaurus
The Apatosaurus was formerly known as the Brontosaurus. It is among the largest animals that existed on land. It lived through the latter part of the Jurassic Period, approximately 157 up to 146 millions of years back.

It is a whip-tailed, long-necked dinosaur, measuring roughly 70 up to 90 ft. long and 15 feet tall around the hips. Its head is not more than 2 ft. long with a very small brain and long skull. The long neck consists of 15 vertebrae and hollow backbones. Its long "whip-like" tail is approximately 50 feet long. It also has "peg-like" teeth in the frontal part of its jaws. It has 4 "column-like" massive legs, with the hind legs being larger than the ones in front. The nostrils are on the upper part of its head.

If Jesus came back, he'd extend federal UI benefits and end the Bush tax cuts.

Jesus didn't like the rich and he spoke for the poor.

Jesus was friends with the richest man on earth at the time. He was buried in the man's tomb. It was the love of money He had a problem with.
BULLSHIT HE WAS NO FREIND OF THESE GUYS Gaius Julius Caesar Octavianus, popularly known as Augustus Caesar, was the founder and first Emperor of the Roman Empire. He ruled from 27 BC until his death in 14 AD, which would make him Emperor during the time of the birth of Jesus Christ (around 4 BC).

Augustus Caesar was succeeded by his stepson, Tiberius Claudius Caesar Augustus, popularly known simply as Tiberius Caesar. He was born in 42 BC and ruled as Emperor of Rome for 23 years, from 14 AD to 37 AD. This would make Tiberius Caesar the ruling Emperor during the time of the crucifixion of Jesus Christ (around 30 AD).
THEY WERE THE RICHEST MEN IN WESTERN WORLD.Gaius Julius Caesar Octavianus, popularly known as Augustus Caesar, was the founder and first Emperor of the Roman Empire. He ruled from 27 BC until his death in 14 AD, which would make him Emperor during the time of the birth of Jesus Christ (around 4 BC).

btw Jesus's world was Israel

HE HAD NO CLUE AS TO THE SIZE OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE

EVEN LESS OF A CLUE THAT WORLD WAS EVEN LARGER THEN THAT.

When Jesus comes back He certainly wont be extending government hand outs or increasing taxes on people.

He will feed the people. He will decrease their burdens, not increase them.

When Jesus comes back He certainly wont be extending government hand outs or increasing taxes on people.

you're having that dream again!!!!

to be more accurate, it's a fantasy book with some history in it....

Jesus was friends with the richest man on earth at the time. He was buried in the man's tomb. It was the love of money He had a problem with.
BULLSHIT HE WAS NO FREIND OF THESE GUYS Gaius Julius Caesar Octavianus, popularly known as Augustus Caesar, was the founder and first Emperor of the Roman Empire. He ruled from 27 BC until his death in 14 AD, which would make him Emperor during the time of the birth of Jesus Christ (around 4 BC).

Augustus Caesar was succeeded by his stepson, Tiberius Claudius Caesar Augustus, popularly known simply as Tiberius Caesar. He was born in 42 BC and ruled as Emperor of Rome for 23 years, from 14 AD to 37 AD. This would make Tiberius Caesar the ruling Emperor during the time of the crucifixion of Jesus Christ (around 30 AD).
THEY WERE THE RICHEST MEN IN WESTERN WORLD.Gaius Julius Caesar Octavianus, popularly known as Augustus Caesar, was the founder and first Emperor of the Roman Empire. He ruled from 27 BC until his death in 14 AD, which would make him Emperor during the time of the birth of Jesus Christ (around 4 BC).

What a truly stupid remark. Christ had no clue....... lol. I'm starting to feel sad for you Daws. He died to remove the sins of Caesar, just as he died to remove yours. His love certainly surpasses your woefully limited understanding. God's people are expected to prosper. And did. And do. And it is just fine with Christ. It's when wealth takes priority that it becomes problematic for Christ. His good friend, who amassed a fortune selling metal, (to whom Daws?) surely mentioned Rome and Empire to poor dumb Jesus...... Considering He was there when the earth was formed, and nothing was made without Him, I'm pretty sure Christ knew what was beyond Israel's borders. He was even able to locate Hades with no problem! :Eek:

What a truly stupid remark. Christ had no clue....... lol. I'm starting to feel sad for you Daws. He died to remove the sins of Caesar, just as he died to remove yours. His love certainly surpasses your woefully limited understanding. God's people are expected to prosper. And did. And do. And it is just fine with Christ. It's when wealth takes priority that it becomes problematic for Christ. His good friend, who amassed a fortune selling metal, (to whom Daws?) surely mentioned Rome and Empire to poor dumb Jesus...... Considering He was there when the earth was formed, and nothing was made without Him, I'm pretty sure Christ knew what was beyond Israel's borders. He was even able to locate Hades with no problem! :Eek:
more proof you have no clue either....your description of jesus's antics are based on a false premise...
that premise is that jesus is god.
as for the rest of your rambling, you're preaching, nothing more. all of it is easily refuted...but that is unnecessary as anyone not indoctrinated with willful ignorance can see it's fantasy..

you're having that dream again!!!!

Im simply looking at what He did during His life and applying it forward. His mission was to set free the captive. To loosen the burdens on the people. He didn't sit around calling for Rome to extend unemployment benefits. He taught people to work and to trust in God for their sustenance. He taught His disciples to help those around them in their personal ministry. He actually fed the people instead of calling on the government to.

When Christ returns, we will be living 1000 years of paradise. We will be working under his direction to restore the earth to its paradisical glory. We won't be unemployed. We will all be doing our part to build the Kingdom on earth.

more proof you have no clue either....your description of jesus's antics are based on a false premise...
that premise is that jesus is god.
as for the rest of your rambling, you're preaching, nothing more. all of it is easily refuted...but that is unnecessary as anyone not indoctrinated with willful ignorance can see it's fantasy..

If it was easily refuted, you'd be refuting it instead of simply saying it's fantasy.

God still loves you, you know. He hasn't given up on you even if you have given up on Him. And when the time comes He will welcome you back with open arms.

Preaching what? I find no reference of Joseph of Arimathea livelihood in the Bible. It's called research daws. Oh that you would engage in some. And when even Christ's enemies describe wonders and miracles wrought by Christ's hands, it's time to pay attention. You are not God. I know that because you haven't the ability to cure a cold. On the other hand, Emanuel cured blindness, leprosy, withered legs, and death............ It's why no one will remember what daws said, but will never forget what Christ said. < pesky prophecy again. :)

Preaching what? I find no reference of Joseph of Arimathea livelihood in the Bible. It's called research daws. Oh that you would engage in some. And when even Christ's enemies describe wonders and miracles wrought by Christ's hands, it's time to pay attention. You are not God. I know that because you haven't the ability to cure a cold. On the other hand, Emanuel cured blindness, leprosy, withered legs, and death............ It's why no one will remember what daws said, but will never forget what Christ said. < pesky prophecy again. :)
AGAIN your have no corroborating extra biblical of any thing you've mentioned your source (the bible is not evidence.)

Forum List

Back