Why Jesus Cried "My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me"

it is a recollection. The imagery I remember is of crowds of people
chanting "CRUCIFY HIM, CRUCIFY HIM"---something like the crowds
at the gladiator circuses voting thumbs up or down
You mean at the trial, not the crucifixiion itself?
what trial? trials were conducted by the SANHEDRIN, not by
Herod or the despised "high priest", CAIAPHAS. My recollection
is that the cheering squad thing happened AT the crucifixion

what trial? trials were conducted by the SANHEDRIN, not by
Herod or the despised "high priest", CAIAPHAS. My recollection
is that the cheering squad thing happened AT the crucifixion
It was in front of Pilate, the Roman Procurator.

that was a trial?
Not in the sense of a modern day trial. Jesus was taken to Pilate. He gave the order for the crucifixion.
so what is the basis for the PEP RALLY ON SITE? My impression is that there were a
WHOLE BUNCH of winners about to be nailed already determined
My take on the story was there was a little bit of a rumble in Jerusalem that Passover. The Romans, put it down forcibly, grabbed two and were looking for the third--Jesus--who was nabbed later that night. No pep rally.

that was a trial?
Not in the sense of a modern day trial. Jesus was taken to Pilate. He gave the order for the crucifixion.
so what is the basis for the PEP RALLY ON SITE? My impression is that there were a
WHOLE BUNCH of winners about to be nailed already determined
My take on the story was there was a little bit of a rumble in Jerusalem that Passover. The Romans, put it down forcibly, grabbed two and were looking for the third--Jesus--who was nabbed later that night. No pep rally.
from where did you EXTRACT that fantasy?----there are several elaborate versions of
the situation that include nothing like yours ----and, of course, there is the real history
of the times. As to "not in the sense of a modern day trial"----there were such trials---
with questioning, witnesses, testimony and judges----very similar to modern day trials--
even with-----uhm.........lawyers-----maybe not Dershowitz------but ---definitely ----
cohen and cohen (well---not really----cohens----there were so many things that they
could not do------Carpenter and Carpenter would work

rom where did you EXTRACT that fantasy?----there are several elaborate versions of
the situation that include nothing like yours ----and, of course, there is the real history
of the times. As to "not in the sense of a modern day trial"----there were such trials---
with questioning, witnesses, testimony and judges----very similar to modern day trials--
even with-----uhm.........lawyers-----maybe not Dershowitz------but ---definitely ----
cohen and cohen (well---not really----cohens----there were so many things that they
could not do------Carpenter and Carpenter would work
:)

Pilate was to let one of prisoners go, it was decided among Jewish crowd the one they let go was
Jesus Bar Abbas, a robber and killer.

Mark 15:7

New American Bible (Revised Edition)
7 A man called Barabbas[a] was then in prison along with the rebels who had committed murder in a rebellion.​

Last edited:
Pilate was to let one of prisoners go, it was decided among Jewish crowd the one they let go was
Jesus Bar Abbas, a robber and ? killer.
your catechism whore lied. why was Jesus bar abbas being crucified?----he stole a
candy bar? He killed his jewish neighbor? somehow the story was HIDDEN and
some idiot catechism whore came up with a baby explanation

your catechism whore lied. why was Jesus bar abbas being crucified?----he stole a
That is the truth, it says so in the bible.

it says "robber" ----the only reason a "robber" would be
crucified would be if he ROBBED the property of the ROMAN
RULER. Matthew knew that but....... he decided to leave it out?

They are the only ones that can.
No one can. Especially the government. But people in the government can certainly make sure they can milk a lot of money from those who believe the government can do something. If they are given tons of money. Government and any expensive program is one of the biggest cons being run.

No one can. Especially the government. But people in the government can certainly make sure they can milk a lot of money from those who believe the government can do something. If they are given tons of money. Government and any expensive program is one of the biggest cons being run.
we must ALL stop RESPIRING

It would be cheaper than all the weather, the fires, floods, hurricanes and tornados. OK they have mega earthquakes. Only the government can.

Mark 15:7

New American Bible (Revised Edition)
7 A man called Barabbas[a] was then in prison along with the rebels who had committed murder in a rebellion.​

and they crucified Jesus the Christ.

Mark 15:7​

New American Bible (Revised Edition)​

and they crucified Jesus the Christ.

"murder in a rebellion"-------against Roman tyrants-----ie A HERO

Forum List

Back