Why Jesus Cried "My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me"

Pilate was to let one of prisoners go, it was decided among Jewish crowd the one they let go was
Jesus Bar Abbas, a robber and ? killer.
your catechism whore lied. why was Jesus bar abbas being crucified?----he stole a
candy bar? He killed his jewish neighbor? somehow the story was HIDDEN and
some idiot catechism whore came up with a baby explanation
That is the truth, it says so in the bible.
it says "robber" ----the only reason a "robber" would be
crucified would be if he ROBBED the property of the ROMAN
RULER. Matthew knew that but....... he decided to leave it out?

Mark 15:7​

New American Bible (Revised Edition)​

7 A man called Barabbas[a] was then in prison along with the rebels who had committed murder in a rebellion.​

and they crucified Jesus the Christ.

"murder in a rebellion"-------against Roman tyrants-----ie A HERO
I was pro the romans, they had enough to do with the Jewish civil war.

Probably the most misrepresented and least understood words of Jesus. As he dies on the cross he makes this statement, which at face value sounds as if he feels betrayed by God.

But in actuality he’s telling people to go read Psalm 22 that foretells his work. Before the numbering system of the Bible was created centuries later the Rabbi would read the first passage in place of what we say today as Psalm 22.

1 My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Why are you so far from saving me, so far from my cries of anguish?

2 My God, I cry out by day, but you do not answer, by night, but I find no rest.

3 Yet you are enthroned as the Holy One; you are the one Israel praises.

4 In you our ancestors put their trust; they trusted and you delivered them.

5 To you they cried out and were saved; in you they trusted and were not put to shame.

6 But I am a worm and not a man, scorned by everyone, despised by the people.

7 All who see me mock me; they hurl insults, shaking their heads.

8“He trusts in the LORD,” they say, “let the LORD rescue him. Let him deliver him, since he delights in him.”

9 Yet you brought me out of the womb; you made me trust in you, even at my mother’s breast.

10 From birth I was cast on you; from my mother’s womb you have been my God.

11 Do not be far from me, for trouble is near and there is no one to help.

12Many bulls surround me; strong bulls of Bashan encircle me.

13Roaring lions that tear their prey open their mouths wide against me.

14 I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint. My heart has turned to wax; it has melted within me.

15 My mouthis dried up like a potsherd, and my tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth; you lay me in the dust of death.

16 Dogs surround me, a pack of villains encircles me; they pierce my hands and my feet.

17 All my bones are on display; people stare and gloat over me.

18 They divide my clothes among them and cast lots for my garment.

19 But you, LORD, do not be far from me. You are my strength; come quickly to help me.

20Deliver me from the sword, my precious life from the power of the dogs.

21 Rescue me from the mouth of the lions; save me from the horns of the wild oxen.

22 I will declare your name to my people; in the assembly I will praise you.

23 You who fear the LORD, praise him! All you descendants of Jacob, honor him! Revere him, all you descendants of Israel!

24 For he has not despised or scorned the suffering of the afflicted one; he has not hidden his face from him but has listened to his cry for help.

25 From you comes the theme of my praise in the great assembly; before those who fear you I will fulfill my vows.

26 The poor will eat and be satisfied; those who seek the LORD will praise him— may your hearts live forever!

27 All the ends of the earth will remember and turn to the LORD, and all the families of the nations will bow down before him,

28 for dominion belongs to the LORDand he rules over the nations.

29 All the rich of the earth will feast and worship; all who go down to the dust will kneel before him— those who cannot keep themselves alive.

30Posterity will serve him; future generations will be told about the Lord.

31 They will proclaim his righteousness, declaring to a people yet unborn: He has done it!
forgive them, they know not what they do...least understood words...ever
Prove he said every thing you wrote here
Thread Cleaned.

I'm tired of you non-religious assholes derailing threads in this forum.

GROW UP

If you AREN'T religious, stay out.
why why can’t I challenge your attempts to get more followers with out and out lies.... why do you get to tell stories that has been written by man and you clams it’s the word of Christ ... how can you believe thing that had no factual based to it ... just somebody say it’s the word of Jesus or it’s the word of god ... how come they never talk to us ... because it’s a farce...

Pilate was to let one of prisoners go, it was decided among Jewish crowd the one they let go was
your catechism whore lied. why was Jesus bar abbas being crucified?----he stole a

7 A man called Barabbas[a] was then in prison along with the rebels who had committed murder in a rebellion.​

as was ADOLF ------the first Reich was THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE ----
Constantine founded the prototype of the Nuremburg Laws which formed the basis
of legalized genocide

All I know is that 2000 years later Jews are still discussing Him. :eusa_think:
who?
Who have you been discussing the last few posts?

2000 years later you are still discussing Jesus.

I am taking part in a messageboard that I access every day. I did not INTRODUCE
any particular individual. About whom would you like to converse?
So you are rationalizing why you are discussing Jesus 2000 years later? No one is holding a gun to your head. You are choosing to discuss Jesus.

as was ADOLF ------the first Reich was THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE ----
Constantine founded the prototype of the Nuremburg Laws which formed the basis
of legalized genocide

PS----Jesus was not pro the Romans-----that's why they crucified him.

who?

So you are rationalizing why you are discussing Jesus 2000 years later? No one is holding a gun to your head. You are choosing to discuss Jesus.
you are being silly, ding-bat.----again. Who do you have in mind for
discussion? Saint ABU MAZEN?

who?

I'm just making an observation. Apparently - given your comments - one that cause discomfort in you.

who?

I'm just making an observation. Apparently - given your comments - one that cause discomfort in you.

I am very comfortable. I told hubby that I need a LOW chair so that my short legs do not
dangle------and he GOT IT FOR ME. You want to talk to HIM? Every year I have to explain
what EASTER is all about-------unlike me, as a kid he never heard of some guy named "jesus"
so you can have a ONE-SIDED conversation with him. BUT he might refuse to talk about
Muhummad----even if that "object of conversation" interests you more. How about BEOWULF---
want to discuss BEOWULF?

who?

I am very comfortable. I told hubby that I need a LOW chair so that my short legs do not
dangle------and he GOT IT FOR ME. You want to talk to HIM? Every year I have to explain
what EASTER is all about-------unlike me, as a kid he never heard of some guy named "jesus"
so you can have a ONE-SIDED conversation with him. BUT he might refuse to talk about
Muhummad----even if that "object of conversation" interests you more. How about BEOWULF---
want to discuss BEOWULF?
I can tell you are very comfortable by the fact that you are still discussing Jesus 2000 years later. :rolleyes:

who?

want to discuss BEOWULF?
I can tell you are very comfortable by the fact that you are still discussing Jesus 2000 years later. :rolleyes:
I find it interesting that you quote one of David's Psalms----hubby would too---he reads
David INCESSANTLY and you still quote him-----3000 years later

who?

want to discuss BEOWULF?
I find it interesting that you quote one of David's Psalms----hubby would too---he reads
Absolutely. I discuss what I believe. Not what I don't believe.

who?

want to discuss BEOWULF?
Oh good------do you believe SOCCER? He likes to discuss Soccer. Soccer is
old too. I think it started in South America----the story I heard was that the
MAYANS had a special game that involved kicking a human head around.
Hubby was not happy to learn that factoid

who?

want to discuss BEOWULF?
The majority of Psalms were composed originally precisely for liturgical worship. They are songs of praise, in which a community is urged joyfully to sing out the praise of God and give thanks to God. Psalms can not be pigeon-holed into neat classifications. There are more Psalms of lament than of any other type. They may be individual (e.g., Ps 3–7; 22) or communal (e.g., Ps 44). Although they usually begin with a cry for help, they develop in various ways. The description of the distress is couched in the broad imagery typical of the Bible (one is in Sheol, the Pit, or is afflicted by enemies or wild beasts, etc.)—in such a way that one cannot pinpoint the exact nature of the psalmist’s plight. However, Ps 51 (cf. also Ps 130) seems to refer clearly to deliverance from sin. Several laments end on a note of certainty that the Lord has heard the prayer (cf. Ps 7, but contrast Ps 88), and the Psalter has been characterized as a movement from lament to praise. If this is somewhat of an exaggeration, it serves at least to emphasize the frequent expressions of trust which characterize the lament. In some cases it would seem as if the theme of trust has been lifted out to form a literary type all its own; cf. Ps 23, 62, 91. Among the communal laments can be counted Ps 74 and 79. They complain to the Lord about some national disaster, and try to motivate God to intervene in favor of the suffering people.

Other Psalms are clearly classified on account of content, and they may be in themselves laments or Psalms of thanksgiving. Among the “royal” Psalms that deal directly with the currently reigning king, are Ps 20, 21, and 72. Many of the royal Psalms were given a messianic interpretation by Christians. In Jewish tradition they were preserved, even after kingship had disappeared, because they were read in the light of the Davidic covenant reported in 2 Sm 7. Certain Psalms are called wisdom Psalms because they seem to betray the influence of the concerns of the ages (cf. Ps 37, 49), but there is no general agreement as to the number of these prayers. Somewhat related to the wisdom Psalms are the “torah” Psalms, in which the torah (instruction or law) of the Lord is glorified (Ps 1; 19:8–14; 119). Ps 78, 105, 106 can be considered as “historical” Psalms. Although the majority of the Psalms have a liturgical setting, there are certain prayers that may be termed “liturgies,” so clearly does their structure reflect a liturgical incident (e.g., Ps 15, 24).

Psalms are “a school of prayer.” They provide models to follow and inspire us to voice our own deepest feelings and aspirations.

who?

want to discuss BEOWULF?
Oh good------do you believe SOCCER? He likes to discuss Soccer. Soccer is
old too. I think it started in South America----the story I heard was that the
MAYANS had a special game that involved kicking a human head around.
Hubby was not happy to learn that factoid
Never cared much for soccer which is probably why I don't watch it or keep up with it. So... same difference.

who?

want to discuss BEOWULF?
The majority of Psalms were composed originally precisely for liturgical worship. They are songs of praise, in which a community is urged joyfully to sing out the praise of God and give thanks to God. Psalms can not be pigeon-holed into neat classifications. There are more Psalms of lament than of any other type. They may be individual (e.g., Ps 3–7; 22) or communal (e.g., Ps 44). Although they usually begin with a cry for help, they develop in various ways. The description of the distress is couched in the broad imagery typical of the Bible (one is in Sheol, the Pit, or is afflicted by enemies or wild beasts, etc.)—in such a way that one cannot pinpoint the exact nature of the psalmist’s plight. However, Ps 51 (cf. also Ps 130) seems to refer clearly to deliverance from sin. Several laments end on a note of certainty that the Lord has heard the prayer (cf. Ps 7, but contrast Ps 88), and the Psalter has been characterized as a movement from lament to praise. If this is somewhat of an exaggeration, it serves at least to emphasize the frequent expressions of trust which characterize the lament. In some cases it would seem as if the theme of trust has been lifted out to form a literary type all its own; cf. Ps 23, 62, 91. Among the communal laments can be counted Ps 74 and 79. They complain to the Lord about some national disaster, and try to motivate God to intervene in favor of the suffering people.

Other Psalms are clearly classified on account of content, and they may be in themselves laments or Psalms of thanksgiving. Among the “royal” Psalms that deal directly with the currently reigning king, are Ps 20, 21, and 72. Many of the royal Psalms were given a messianic interpretation by Christians. In Jewish tradition they were preserved, even after kingship had disappeared, because they were read in the light of the Davidic covenant reported in 2 Sm 7. Certain Psalms are called wisdom Psalms because they seem to betray the influence of the concerns of the ages (cf. Ps 37, 49), but there is no general agreement as to the number of these prayers. Somewhat related to the wisdom Psalms are the “torah” Psalms, in which the torah (instruction or law) of the Lord is glorified (Ps 1; 19:8–14; 119). Ps 78, 105, 106 can be considered as “historical” Psalms. Although the majority of the Psalms have a liturgical setting, there are certain prayers that may be termed “liturgies,” so clearly does their structure reflect a liturgical incident (e.g., Ps 15, 24).

Psalms are “a school of prayer.” They provide models to follow and inspire us to voice our own deepest feelings and aspirations.
Thanks for the cut and paste. I am a levite but ------do not have the voice for it

who?

want to discuss BEOWULF?

Thanks for the cut and paste. I am a levite but ------do not have the voice for it
You are welcome. It's a most excellent summary. One I agree with wholeheartedly and would discuss with conviction at every opportunity because I believe in it.

who?

want to discuss BEOWULF?

Do you know why Israel had prophets?

Forum List

Back