Essay for school project

He is no kid. Probably 30 years old or older. Nobody calls them GCEs. I am surprised he didn't say he was in the Upper Sixth.

Who the kid is or where he is from doesn't matter.
Requests like this are usually forbidden by teachers who want them to do the research on their own.
It can also be a prelude to someone getting spammed.

Kid: you could get different answers from each person about the situation and they might all be right. Every person has their own agenda or perspective that posts regularly on message boards. To root out the truth requires a lot of reading and not short cuts getting someone else to do the work for you.

He is trying to learn about the conflict by discussing it in a politics forum , whats wrong with that ?

i took the GCE A-level exams and any essay or paper was strickly our own work and done in a close testing room. We had no outside help or research.
The only thing you have is what is in your head and the test paper handed to you in a sealed envelope.
This has been used as a scam over the decades on several boards and forums.
If it was authorized by a teacher, the teacher would introduce themselves and ask people to participate in sharing their experiences with the children. We would know what school they are from and the exact nature of the essay the students are doing.
I remember someone posing as a student and then attacking people because of the answers they supplied.
Sorry, but if this really is for any school requirement, the student should do the work themselves, not get others to answer questions for them. Collecting a survey is not research for any A-level exam. An essay would require in depth analysis of the situation and the students own conclusions based on the facts. It would not be based on the conclusions or biases of others.
These are questions a jr high student might try to scam for an essay.
GCE exams, oral and written, are held in June and at the same time around the world.

i took the GCE A-level exams and any essay or paper was strickly our own work and done in a close testing room. We had no outside help or research.
The only thing you have is what is in your head and the test paper handed to you in a sealed envelope.
If it was authorized by a teacher, the teacher would introduce themselves and ask people to participate in sharing their experiences with the children. We would know what school they are from and the exact nature of the essay the students are doing.
I remember someone posing as a student and then attacking people because of the answers they supplied.
Sorry, but if this really is for any school requirement, the student should do the work themselves, not get others to answer questions for them. Collecting a survey is not research for any A-level exam. An essay would require in depth analysis of the situation and the students own conclusions based on the facts. It would not be based on the conclusions or biases of others.
GCE exams, oral and written, are held in June and at the same time around the world.

And of course they haven't been called GCEs for years. That told me straightaway he or she wasn't the full Monty. At least he/she didn't say they were in the Upper Sixth! :lol:

General Certificate of Education, british exams
Why would they choose an american forum to do research for a british exam? Even if it was about the middle east, they should have found one about and by those that live in the middle east, more specifically Israel and the PA.

Why would they choose an american forum to do research for a british exam? Even if it was about the middle east, they should have found one about and by those that live in the middle east, more specifically Israel and the PA.

General Cert of Secondary Education now and for years. I don't know why but perhaps he or she was wanting to stir things up. As if we don't have enough stirring up on these forums as it is. :lol:

Essentially you are asking for help with your homework?

This is not homework, it is a part of research for a 6 000 word essay I am writing as coursework (no exam in this unit) in history.

It has been called GCSEs for years now, not GCE.

GCSEs is the secondary school qualification which you get after 11 years of schooling. GCE is archived after 13 years of schooling.

Who the kid is or where he is from doesn't matter.
Requests like this are usually forbidden by teachers who want them to do the research on their own.
It can also be a prelude to someone getting spammed.

Kid: you could get different answers from each person about the situation and they might all be right. Every person has their own agenda or perspective that posts regularly on message boards. To root out the truth requires a lot of reading and not short cuts getting someone else to do the work for you.

My teacher knows about this, and he think it was a good idea to get some opinion from people instead of just using books.

I know everyone will give different answers, and that is what I want to get. I want to see the different opinions people have instead of just writing about the stereotyped views.

This is not for an exam, I am doing a AQA history unit which only consist of coursework which is worked on during the whole year and in the end should consists of 6 000 words. This survey is not my primary source of information, I have also read 6 books along with doing interview of 3 jewish people living in two different countries. My teacher believed that doing interviews and survey would give my essay a different outlook than other essays on the same topic.

I posted this on a US forum as a first, but I am also going to do this on other forums. I did not just want to use Israel and the PA forums so that I could also get the point of view from people outside of those places to see what people outside the middle east believe.

Differing opinions a plenty, truth and understanding from this forum not so much.

It is unit of my GCE A-level History course.

The questions is:
1. What religion are you?
2. Which of these solutions to the Palestine-Israel conflict, appeal the most to you?
a) Integration, one state for two people b) Separation, two states for two people
3. Do you believe that the Oslo Accords could have archived a lasting peace?
4. Do you believe that there will be peaceful solution to the conflict?
5. Who do you believe have the most responsibility for the conflict?
6. Do you think that there is motivation amongst the Palestinians and the Israeli to find a peaceful solution?
7. Some of the central issues which they can not agree on are Jerusalem, right of return of refugees and where the borders should go. What do you believe is the right solution to these issues?

I'm not sure how my religion is relevant?

2) B.

3) No.

4) Yes, but not in the foreseen future.

5) The government of both Israel and the Palestinians.

6) Mhmmm....

7) Right of prayer to all religions, freedom of religion regarding Jerusalem. No right of return.

I don't see how you can not be sure how your religion is important. I mean, you think Israel is right for the Israeli PM to insist that Israel's existence be recognized as a Jewish state. Do you think Muslim citizens feel that way. If you do, you are fooling yourself.

Knowing the religion of the participants is of the utmost importance in discussions of these sorts, even though, in my opinion, they should not be...but that is just the way it is. It is an indication the different biases of the participants, as does their nationality.

I am an Irish-American from immigrant parents and am culturally a Roman Catholic.

I think one or two state solutions and Oslo accords and all the goody goody happy stuff will go nowhere as long as both sides maintain their focus on their positions instead of focusing on common interests.

I think Great Britain and Zionist enterprise supported by Jews and Evangelicals and others are responsible almost in their entirety. Ask your self, would there have been any trouble there today if Jewish people had nhot been hoodwinked into thinking they could establish a national homeland on the bonews of the peoples living there. Israel is about the stupidest idea ever, exceeding even that of the creation of Liberia.

I think the right solution, as the situation now stands, is to work for peace and justice or the war will just continue and that is for Israelis to withdraw to the Green Line and get out of the Jordan Valley and East Jerusalem or else, the war willo continue and both sides will lose.

Israel needs to realize that any victory that they achieve in this war will be a Pyrrhic victory but, in my opinion, they will never realize that and will be at war until it ends...and they have to win every single battle. The Arabs need only win one.

It is unit of my GCE A-level History course.

The questions is:
1. What religion are you?
2. Which of these solutions to the Palestine-Israel conflict, appeal the most to you?
a) Integration, one state for two people b) Separation, two states for two people
3. Do you believe that the Oslo Accords could have archived a lasting peace?
4. Do you believe that there will be peaceful solution to the conflict?
5. Who do you believe have the most responsibility for the conflict?
6. Do you think that there is motivation amongst the Palestinians and the Israeli to find a peaceful solution?
7. Some of the central issues which they can not agree on are Jerusalem, right of return of refugees and where the borders should go. What do you believe is the right solution to these issues?

2) B.

3) No.

6) Mhmmm....

7) Right of prayer to all religions, freedom of religion regarding Jerusalem. No right of return.

I don't see how you can not be sure how your religion is important. I mean, you think Israel is right for the Israeli PM to insist that Israel's existence be recognized as a Jewish state. Do you think Muslim citizens feel that way. If you do, you are fooling yourself.

Knowing the religion of the participants is of the utmost importance in discussions of these sorts, even though, in my opinion, they should not be...but that is just the way it is. It is an indication the different biases of the participants, as does their nationality.

I am an Irish-American from immigrant parents and am culturally a Roman Catholic.

I think one or two state solutions and Oslo accords and all the goody goody happy stuff will go nowhere as long as both sides maintain their focus on their positions instead of focusing on common interests.

I think Great Britain and Zionist enterprise supported by Jews and Evangelicals and others are responsible almost in their entirety. Ask your self, would there have been any trouble there today if Jewish people had nhot been hoodwinked into thinking they could establish a national homeland on the bonews of the peoples living there. Israel is about the stupidest idea ever, exceeding even that of the creation of Liberia.

I think the right solution, as the situation now stands, is to work for peace and justice or the war will just continue and that is for Israelis to withdraw to the Green Line and get out of the Jordan Valley and East Jerusalem or else, the war willo continue and both sides will lose.

Israel needs to realize that any victory that they achieve in this war will be a Pyrrhic victory but, in my opinion, they will never realize that and will be at war until it ends...and they have to win every single battle. The Arabs need only win one.

I don't really care what Muslims think. By Islamic faith, Jews are cursed for not following Allah and Muhammad. The loathing to Jews and Judaism is deep coming from Muslims, the sole idea that we have a country is strange to them, much more when this country on what they believe is Muslim land.

But we don't really care, again, because most of them hate us, and when people who hate you believe you don't have right to exist, you struggle, you don't bother yourself with their thoughts. That leads no-where.

The peace process first needs to come from education, not from surrending to our enemies.

2) B.

3) No.

6) Mhmmm....

I don't really care what Muslims think. By Islamic faith, Jews are cursed for not following Allah and Muhammad. The loathing to Jews and Judaism is deep coming from Muslims, the sole idea that we have a country is strange to them, much more when this country on what they believe is Muslim land.

But we don't really care, again, because most of them hate us, and when people who hate you believe you don't have right to exist, you struggle, you don't bother yourself with their thoughts. That leads no-where.

The peace process first needs to come from education, not from surrending to our enemies.

You know, Lipush, years ago when there were mainly groups of Italians Catholics, Irish Catholics, Eastern Europeans Jews, Polish Catholics German Catholics or Lutherans, and Protestants with an English or Scottish background on the East Coast and regardless if their parents were immigrants or first generation Americans, all the kids considered themselves culturally American first of all. They might have eaten different foods at home (Italians always had a pasta dish with their meals), but all the mothers of these kids from various groups were also like the mothers of all the other kids, and kids from all groups were running in and out of the homes of others without giving thought to religion because they thought they were culturally American and that was the important thing. You are right about education. My husband, who operated in the Middle East in the early 80's, always says if you get rid of all those radical clergymen and teachers at Madrassas, the people wouldn't think as they do regarding "the Infidels." Look at all the Muslim clergymen who have appealed for peace with others and they have been gunned down by other Muslims.

And people often say that mosques preach peace, and perhaps they do. However there are plenty of Islamic leaders preaching hate over the internet and the internet is where Islamists are radicalized.

Sadly there are parts of the US now where english is neither spoken nor understood.
It is not just Spanish but Vietnamese, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Arabic. Not a store item in english, not even a store sign, even popular american fast food stops might not have one employee that speaks english in some of these areas.

Sadly there are parts of the US now where english is neither spoken nor understood.
It is not just Spanish but Vietnamese, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Arabic. Not a store item in english, not even a store sign, even popular american fast food stops might not have one employee that speaks english in some of these areas.

Sadly you are right, Aris. Hopefully in years to come everyone will be speaking English. I remember one incident where a friend's son got a job in Macdonalds after school. They thought that he was Hispanic and knew how to speak Spanish, but when they found out his last name Rocca was actually Italian, they let him go. And this happened to be in a middle class neighborhood where people from all groups were represented. I guess they wanted all the workers to be able to speak to the Hispanic laborers who were working in the neighborhood on such things as construction projects.

And people often say that mosques preach peace, and perhaps they do. However there are plenty of Islamic leaders preaching hate over the internet and the internet is where Islamists are radicalized.

The most "hate" I've seen on these boards has been by Jews directed towards Muslims and Roman Catholics and in the real world, the most "hate" I've seen has been directed towards Muslims by Christians and towards Catholics by Jews and Christians.

I have heard not one single harsh word said by a Muslim towards any group. I know a lot of Muslims as friends and have many friends from other groups as well, and that included at one time many Jewish people, although now they are mostly acquaintances. It may surprise some of you that the "Oy, the Goyim <giggle>" have ears and recognie the condescending tone...and while there are more of us than there are Jewish people, being clumsy or doing goofy, rude, stupid, or otherwise socially awkward things is not entirely nor exclusively our domain.

Sadly you are right, Aris. Hopefully in years to come everyone will be speaking English. I remember one incident where a friend's son got a job in Macdonalds after school. They thought that he was Hispanic and knew how to speak Spanish, but when they found out his last name Rocca was actually Italian, they let him go. And this happened to be in a middle class neighborhood where people from all groups were represented. I guess they wanted all the workers to be able to speak to the Hispanic laborers who were working in the neighborhood on such things as construction projects.

I don't believe either one of you. Other than some ethnic neighborhoods and markets that utilize their native tongue because most of the people they speak with are of similar ethnicity. They have always been more than accomodating to English speakers though. most immigrants try very hard to learn English. I live in a very ethnically diverse neighborhood and have very, very many immigrant friends who are always asking me if they are saying something right in English.

So let me get this straight. You live in a middle class neighborhood and the owner of the McDonalds there will not hire people who aren't conversant in Spanish because some Hispanic workers are employed on a temporary construction project in the neighborhood. I know people who can't speak a lick of English and can order at McDonald's. Their menus are pictures with numbers on them for, Christ's sake; and you expect me to believe that the manager of this establishment is willing to offend the local residents and risk law suits by firing a kid who doesn't speak Spanish in order to please essentially a fly by night construction crew.

Perhaps, the knowledge and education of English usage and comprehension need be applied to those who neglect to understand that the topic at hand is the Palestinian/Israeli conflict and the possible solutions.

I think a one state solution would work for both parties and is the only solution possible, and the state must neither be an Islamic nor Jewish state but a secular state with a constitution that guarantees the rights of all her citizens. That is the essence of democracy and would have advantages for both sides instead of this constant and bitter bickering that goes on. It is worth a try, rather than this decades old and bloody impasse thaat is going on.

I further think that the rfugees need to be compensated and cared for but that if the Americas and Europe open their doors and prioritize absorbing them and setting them in a good direction in their new countries, than that would be the responsible thing to do and I really do not imagine many would object.

2) B.

3) No.

6) Mhmmm....

I think that attitude is very demonstrative as to why you will not achieve peace, because the Jews are faultless and the entire blame falls on the Paloestinians. They should have welcomed the British with open arms and celebrated wildly when they gave Palestinian land to European Jews.

The real problem is that it is completely beyond your comprehension how they could be angry at you while most of the rest of the world, and especially the Arab/Muslim world, cannot believe that is beyond your comprehension.

The most "hate" I've seen on these boards has been by Jews directed towards Muslims and Roman Catholics and in the real world, the most "hate" I've seen has been directed towards Muslims by Christians and towards Catholics by Jews and Christians.

I have heard not one single harsh word said by a Muslim towards any group. I know a lot of Muslims as friends and have many friends from other groups as well, and that included at one time many Jewish people, although now they are mostly acquaintances. It may surprise some of you that the "Oy, the Goyim <giggle>" have ears and recognie the condescending tone...and while there are more of us than there are Jewish people, being clumsy or doing goofy, rude, stupid, or otherwise socially awkward things is not entirely nor exclusively our domain.

On these Boards, there were at least 2 Roman Catholics who were especially vicious anti-Semites, and I'm not only talking anti-Israel. One of them called Jews cowardly, and refused to acknowledge Jewish contributions to this great nation. And there was a woman who called herself a devout Christian, yet hated Jews for supposedly killing her god. The coin has 2 sides.

Forum List

Back