Essay for school project

And people often say that mosques preach peace, and perhaps they do. However there are plenty of Islamic leaders preaching hate over the internet and the internet is where Islamists are radicalized.

The most "hate" I've seen on these boards has been by Jews directed towards Muslims and Roman Catholics and in the real world, the most "hate" I've seen has been directed towards Muslims by Christians and towards Catholics by Jews and Christians.

I have heard not one single harsh word said by a Muslim towards any group. I know a lot of Muslims as friends and have many friends from other groups as well, and that included at one time many Jewish people, although now they are mostly acquaintances. It may surprise some of you that the "Oy, the Goyim <giggle>" have ears and recognie the condescending tone...and while there are more of us than there are Jewish people, being clumsy or doing goofy, rude, stupid, or otherwise socially awkward things is not entirely nor exclusively our domain.

On these Boards, there were at least 2 Roman Catholics who were especially vicious anti-Semites, and I'm not only talking anti-Israel. One of them called Jews cowardly, and refused to acknowledge Jewish contributions to this great nation. And there was a woman who called herself a devout Christian, yet hated Jews for supposedly killing her god. The coin has 2 sides.

Listen, Foreveryoung, doesn't drreolin spin sound familar to you. I think that some of the readers will remember it from once before. I hope since he was talking about the Jews and their supposed giggle that he doesn't mind me relating a story told to me by someone with whom I graduated. We would meet now and then over coffee at Macdonalds to talk over the old days in the Bronx. There are American Irish who were very clannish in those days. I doubt if they are the same way now since there is a lot of intermarriage. Anyhow, this is what happened to Larry (Lorenzo), who has Sicilian roots. He told me he once liked this Irish girl, but she had to sneak out to meet him because her father only wanted her to go with Irish guys. One night the father caught them as Larry was walking her home. He told her to go upstairs, and started screaming at Larry. Larry met up with his friends and told them what happened. They said, "Let's go back to the house and call him on it.," So off they go and start yelling for the father to come out. Out comes the father with his sons. The fighting started, and eventually the cops came and threw them all into the Paddy Wagon. They had to spend the night in jail. In the morning in front of the Judge, the Judge asked the father what happened. The father said, "These guineas......"" The minute the Judge heard that, he said "Case dismissed." It was an Italian judge. Actually Larry's gang were called the Golden Guineas, and they wore shiny gold jackets. If you google Gangs of New York, you will see them mentioned.

Sadly there are parts of the US now where english is neither spoken nor understood.
It is not just Spanish but Vietnamese, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Arabic. Not a store item in english, not even a store sign, even popular american fast food stops might not have one employee that speaks english in some of these areas.

Sadly you are right, Aris. Hopefully in years to come everyone will be speaking English. I remember one incident where a friend's son got a job in Macdonalds after school. They thought that he was Hispanic and knew how to speak Spanish, but when they found out his last name Rocca was actually Italian, they let him go. And this happened to be in a middle class neighborhood where people from all groups were represented. I guess they wanted all the workers to be able to speak to the Hispanic laborers who were working in the neighborhood on such things as construction projects.

I don't believe either one of you. Other than some ethnic neighborhoods and markets that utilize their native tongue because most of the people they speak with are of similar ethnicity. They have always been more than accomodating to English speakers though. most immigrants try very hard to learn English. I live in a very ethnically diverse neighborhood and have very, very many immigrant friends who are always asking me if they are saying something right in English.

So let me get this straight. You live in a middle class neighborhood and the owner of the McDonalds there will not hire people who aren't conversant in Spanish because some Hispanic workers are employed on a temporary construction project in the neighborhood. I know people who can't speak a lick of English and can order at McDonald's. Their menus are pictures with numbers on them for, Christ's sake; and you expect me to believe that the manager of this establishment is willing to offend the local residents and risk law suits by firing a kid who doesn't speak Spanish in order to please essentially a fly by night construction crew.

Perhaps, the knowledge and education of English usage and comprehension need be applied to those who neglect to understand that the topic at hand is the Palestinian/Israeli conflict and the possible solutions.

I think a one state solution would work for both parties and is the only solution possible, and the state must neither be an Islamic nor Jewish state but a secular state with a constitution that guarantees the rights of all her citizens. That is the essence of democracy and would have advantages for both sides instead of this constant and bitter bickering that goes on. It is worth a try, rather than this decades old and bloody impasse thaat is going on.

I further think that the rfugees need to be compensated and cared for but that if the Americas and Europe open their doors and prioritize absorbing them and setting them in a good direction in their new countries, than that would be the responsible thing to do and I really do not imagine many would object.

Give it a rest with all your blabbering. Do you really think that many posters believe that you know all these Muslims that you claim you do? You are not important in the posters' lives for them to care whether you believe them or not. For your information, Mr. Wise Guy, there was even an article years ago about how the Black kids were complaining that they too couldn't get a job at Macdonalds because they didn't speak Spanish. It was so far back that I wouldn't even bother trying to find the article, but here is another one for you. Gee, even the local Subway I go to seems to only hires Spanish speaking help.
Today one of the young women making the subs told me she is leaving for Mexico tomorrow for two weeks, and she was very excited because she hasn't been there in five years. I told her then I had to wish her an early Feliz Navidad.

Black Teens Feel the 'Bilingual Preferred' Summer Job Blues - NAM

Before you get into Oslo, you need to be well versed in how it all began- The Origin of the Palestine-Israel Conflict

Good choice. Not affiliate with either side.

I don't know about that Mr. Tinmore. It is apparent that the Arabs as well as the anti-Semites love that site, but others are of different oppinions. My, a lot goes on in Berkeley. Must be the water. Meanwhile, I would think that people would research the old fashioned way, the same way we used to in school years ago, and that is by researching the subject in encyclopedias.

Stop The ISM

That is quite some site you linked there.

They played the terrorist card a thousand times like they were trying to sell something. :lol::lol::lol::cuckoo:

I don't know about that Mr. Tinmore. It is apparent that the Arabs as well as the anti-Semites love that site, but others are of different oppinions. My, a lot goes on in Berkeley. Must be the water. Meanwhile, I would think that people would research the old fashioned way, the same way we used to in school years ago, and that is by researching the subject in encyclopedias.

Stop The ISM

They played the terrorist card a thousand times like they were trying to sell something. :lol::lol::lol::cuckoo:

Why, Mr. Tinmore, as well as you being one of Hamas' American contacts, I would think that you also belong to the ISM. Wasn't that nice how they let an armed terrorist hide out in their office in Gaza?

Stop The ISM

Why, Mr. Tinmore, as well as you being one of Hamas' American contacts, I would think that you also belong to the ISM. Wasn't that nice how they let an armed terrorist hide out in their office in Gaza?

Terrorist is an Israeli propaganda campaign.

Is that what Arab propagandists are taught to say? Hmm, I wonder if Mr. Tinmore knew that Palestinian guy up in Berkley who had his picture on Facebook with his big knife and saying he wanted to use it on IDF soldiers.

Is that what Arab propagandists are taught to say? Hmm, I wonder if Mr. Tinmore knew that Palestinian guy up in Berkley who had his picture on Facebook with his big knife and saying he wanted to use it on IDF soldiers.

Soldiers are legitimate targets. That is not terrorism.

What else you got?

What else you got?

Well I guess in an Arab's mind that armed terrorist hiding in the offices of the ISM in Gaza and then who went to Mike's Place and blew himself up among the patrons was just an angel whose halo was slipping a bit. Hmm, wonder if he was sent directly to the Islamic Paradise to meet his virgins since he was able to kill and wound innocent people. Furthermore, I would imagine that Mr. Tinmore would have no problem then with a Tibetan student having his picture on his Facebook page with a huge knife saying saying he wants to kill Chinese soldiers. One would think that people who are students in the U.S. would just concentrate on their studies and not worry about whom they would like to kill.

What else you got?

Well I guess in an Arab's mind that armed terrorist hiding in the offices of the ISM in Gaza and then who went to Mike's Place and blew himself up among the patrons was just an angel whose halo was slipping a bit. Hmm, wonder if he was sent directly to the Islamic Paradise to meet his virgins since he was able to kill and wound innocent people. Furthermore, I would imagine that Mr. Tinmore would have no problem then with a Tibetan student having his picture on his Facebook page with a huge knife saying saying he wants to kill Chinese soldiers. One would think that people who are students in the U.S. would just concentrate on their studies and not worry about whom they would like to kill.

Is there a point in there someplace?

What else you got?

Of course there is a point, Mr. Tinmore. After all, you are the one who entered this conversation first and then tried to tell us that there are no Arab terrorists and it is just Israeli propaganda, which makes you look like a joke. There are many students here in the U.S. who come from all over the world and have differences with those students from other countries, but they don't appear on their Facebook page with a big knife. A guy like you would no doubt applaud the guy and send him an even bigger knife.

Of course there is a point, Mr. Tinmore. After all, you are the one who entered this conversation first and then tried to tell us that there are no Arab terrorists and it is just Israeli propaganda, which makes you look like a joke. There are many students here in the U.S. who come from all over the world and have differences with those students from other countries, but they don't appear on their Facebook page with a big knife. A guy like you would no doubt applaud the guy and send him an even bigger knife.

OK, it is juvenile but what does it have to do with terrorism?

Hasn't this thread gotten completely away from a school assignment? Meanwhile, I guess you will not admit that it was a terrorist who blew himself up at Mike's Place among innocent people who were just out enjoying the day. I guess this angel terrorist must have been surprised when he saw he wasn't surrounded by 72 virgins like he was promised.

After a Deadly April Terror Blast, Mike?s Place Tries to Celebrate Life | Jewish Telegraphic Agency

The most "hate" I've seen on these boards has been by Jews directed towards Muslims and Roman Catholics and in the real world, the most "hate" I've seen has been directed towards Muslims by Christians and towards Catholics by Jews and Christians.

I have heard not one single harsh word said by a Muslim towards any group. I know a lot of Muslims as friends and have many friends from other groups as well, and that included at one time many Jewish people, although now they are mostly acquaintances. It may surprise some of you that the "Oy, the Goyim <giggle>" have ears and recognie the condescending tone...and while there are more of us than there are Jewish people, being clumsy or doing goofy, rude, stupid, or otherwise socially awkward things is not entirely nor exclusively our domain.

On these Boards, there were at least 2 Roman Catholics who were especially vicious anti-Semites, and I'm not only talking anti-Israel. One of them called Jews cowardly, and refused to acknowledge Jewish contributions to this great nation. And there was a woman who called herself a devout Christian, yet hated Jews for supposedly killing her god. The coin has 2 sides.

Listen, Foreveryoung, doesn't drreolin spin sound familar to you. I think that some of the readers will remember it from once before. I hope since he was talking about the Jews and their supposed giggle that he doesn't mind me relating a story told to me by someone with whom I graduated. We would meet now and then over coffee at Macdonalds to talk over the old days in the Bronx. There are American Irish who were very clannish in those days. I doubt if they are the same way now since there is a lot of intermarriage. Anyhow, this is what happened to Larry (Lorenzo), who has Sicilian roots. He told me he once liked this Irish girl, but she had to sneak out to meet him because her father only wanted her to go with Irish guys. One night the father caught them as Larry was walking her home. He told her to go upstairs, and started screaming at Larry. Larry met up with his friends and told them what happened. They said, "Let's go back to the house and call him on it.," So off they go and start yelling for the father to come out. Out comes the father with his sons. The fighting started, and eventually the cops came and threw them all into the Paddy Wagon. They had to spend the night in jail. In the morning in front of the Judge, the Judge asked the father what happened. The father said, "These guineas......"" The minute the Judge heard that, he said "Case dismissed." It was an Italian judge. Actually Larry's gang were called the Golden Guineas, and they wore shiny gold jackets. If you google Gangs of New York, you will see them mentioned.

LOL.
<sigh>

Hasn't this thread gotten completely away from a school assignment? Meanwhile, I guess you will not admit that it was a terrorist who blew himself up at Mike's Place among innocent people who were just out enjoying the day. I guess this angel terrorist must have been surprised when he saw he wasn't surrounded by 72 virgins like he was promised.

After a Deadly April Terror Blast, Mike?s Place Tries to Celebrate Life | Jewish Telegraphic Agency

What are you talking about, anyway?

Was it terrorists who killed 1400 people in Gaza and only a few hundred were militants?

And people often say that mosques preach peace, and perhaps they do. However there are plenty of Islamic leaders preaching hate over the internet and the internet is where Islamists are radicalized.

I haven't seen that as I haven't been here that long. Furthermore, I did not say that there were not two sides to the coin. I merely said that, from my observation, most of the anger and slander and bigotry has been directed at the Arab/Muslim world than the reverse.

As for "vicious anti-Semites", if you use strong words meaninglessly, they lose any value they may have had at one time. To me, that is very sad, especially when someone's very legitimate complaint falls on deaf ears due to the aforementioned meaningless overuse.

Last edited:
dreolin, correct, you haven't been here that long. The longer you are on these forums the more you get to know people. Nobody new can come onto this forum and say they haven't seen hate directed against Jews and against Israel.

There is a huge amount of hate on the forums here directed against Jews from SherriMunnerlyn, Billo_Really and also SunniMan. Others less so but their comments are still offensive nonetheless. And there are the few who try to show they are on the fence, but let slip their hate several times and are caught out.

Jews and also pro-Israelis on these forums are very much offended by the stuff those members type on here.

Stop The ISM

Yes, the ISM are very much 'useful idiots' for the terrorist gangs claiming to be 'revolutionaries'. If one reads the details of ISM 'positions', one will find support there for the Chinese at Tianamen Sq - the government troops, that is.

It is coursework unit, so the teacher decided what topic we was going to do

Who marks your course work? Your teacher? Outside examiners?

As you will know very many British teachers are infantile leftists who take pride in hating Israel. So I would be cautions about saying anything nice about the country. Marks wise you would safer leaning gently towards the Palestinian side.

Good luck.

(Btw i've a history A level - there was no such thing as course work in my day. Just two three hour exam papers)

Stop The ISM

Yes, the ISM are very much 'useful idiots' for the terrorist gangs claiming to be 'revolutionaries'. If one reads the details of ISM 'positions', one will find support there for the Chinese at Tianamen Sq - the government troops, that is.

But they must be effective. Israel would not pile so much slime on people if they were not.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back