Essay for school project

dreolin, correct, you haven't been here that long. The longer you are on these forums the more you get to know people. Nobody new can come onto this forum and say they haven't seen hate directed against Jews and against Israel.

There is a huge amount of hate on the forums here directed against Jews from SherriMunnerlyn, Billo_Really and also SunniMan. Others less so but their comments are still offensive nonetheless. And there are the few who try to show they are on the fence, but let slip their hate several times and are caught out.

Jews and also pro-Israelis on these forums are very much offended by the stuff those members type on here.

I don't do "chicken or the egg" type questions like the one you seem to be posing.

I think it would be nice for all concerned to actually and truthfully discuss the issues but I can also see why that doesn't happen.

What I have seen though, is pro-Palestinian posters condemn the acts of Palestinian militants but have seen little or no such reciprocation on the part of the pro-Israeli posters. Also, every single criminal act is not an act of terrorism and I don't think every single act by the IDF is intentionally targeting of civilians.

Why do you equate a disagreement with your opinion as hate.

Another thing too, but there is such an over-reaction on the parts of some people that it is really tempting to give them a poke every once in awhile. I try to resist, but have been guilty at times.

And one more thing. I think that the more Jewish people make unnecessary links between "Jews" and "Israel" (see highlight above) that they sucessully, and to their own detriment, confuse the issue and offer a ready excuse to people who actually are anti-Semitic. I myself try to make a firm distinction between the two, although it becomes increasingly more difficult.

OK, it is juvenile but what does it have to do with terrorism?

Hasn't this thread gotten completely away from a school assignment? Meanwhile, I guess you will not admit that it was a terrorist who blew himself up at Mike's Place among innocent people who were just out enjoying the day. I guess this angel terrorist must have been surprised when he saw he wasn't surrounded by 72 virgins like he was promised.

After a Deadly April Terror Blast, Mike?s Place Tries to Celebrate Life | Jewish Telegraphic Agency

What are you talking about, anyway?

Pay attention. Mr. Tinmore claims that there are no Palestinian terrorists. He thinks that every Palestinian is an angel and would not terrorize innocent civilians. People with any brains realize that there have been plenty of terror attacks on innocent civilians, but being that you are a supporter of ALL Palestinians, you probably want to think the same delusional way as Mr. Tinmore.

OK, it is juvenile but what does it have to do with terrorism?

Hasn't this thread gotten completely away from a school assignment? Meanwhile, I guess you will not admit that it was a terrorist who blew himself up at Mike's Place among innocent people who were just out enjoying the day. I guess this angel terrorist must have been surprised when he saw he wasn't surrounded by 72 virgins like he was promised.

After a Deadly April Terror Blast, Mike?s Place Tries to Celebrate Life | Jewish Telegraphic Agency

Was it terrorists who killed 1400 people in Gaza and only a few hundred were militants?

Didn't some American general say you have to kill more of the enemy than the enemy kills you? If your friends over there didn't start up with their rockets into Israel, no one would have been killed, not even the hundreds of militants who were in the 1400 dead. Meanwhile, it is very telling how Palestinians only worry about what is happening in what they consider their part of the world, but God forbid they care about the hundreds of thousands of innocent people the Muslims are killing in the Middle East, both Christians and Muslims.

Pay attention. Mr. Tinmore claims that there are no Palestinian terrorists. He thinks that every Palestinian is an angel and would not terrorize innocent civilians. People with any brains realize that there have been plenty of terror attacks on innocent civilians, but being that you are a supporter of ALL Palestinians, you probably want to think the same delusional way as Mr. Tinmore.

Israeli propaganda.

Israeli citizens are not "civilians" according to the Fourth Geneva Conventions.

Israeli propaganda.

Israeli citizens are not "civilians" according to the Fourth Geneva Conventions.

Really, Mr. Tinmore? All citizens of Israel, which of course means the young children and elderly people are not "civilians" and thus can be terrorized and killed by your fellow Arabs in the area. I guess Arabs like to think that. Maybe they think that since the people of Israel are not civilians, they can just sashay into a hospital and kill all the patients there. Wow, what a people!!!

Israeli propaganda.

According to the HAMAS and PLO/PA foundational documents, there are no 'civilians' among those who support Israel.

However, they aren't the ones who wrote the GC.......

dreolin, correct, you haven't been here that long. The longer you are on these forums the more you get to know people. Nobody new can come onto this forum and say they haven't seen hate directed against Jews and against Israel.

There is a huge amount of hate on the forums here directed against Jews from SherriMunnerlyn, Billo_Really and also SunniMan. Others less so but their comments are still offensive nonetheless. And there are the few who try to show they are on the fence, but let slip their hate several times and are caught out.

Jews and also pro-Israelis on these forums are very much offended by the stuff those members type on here.

I don't do "chicken or the egg" type questions like the one you seem to be posing.

I think it would be nice for all concerned to actually and truthfully discuss the issues but I can also see why that doesn't happen.

What I have seen though, is pro-Palestinian posters condemn the acts of Palestinian militants but have seen little or no such reciprocation on the part of the pro-Israeli posters. Also, every single criminal act is not an act of terrorism and I don't think every single act by the IDF is intentionally targeting of civilians.

Why do you equate a disagreement with your opinion as hate.

Another thing too, but there is such an over-reaction on the parts of some people that it is really tempting to give them a poke every once in awhile. I try to resist, but have been guilty at times.

And one more thing. I think that the more Jewish people make unnecessary links between "Jews" and "Israel" (see highlight above) that they sucessully, and to their own detriment, confuse the issue and offer a ready excuse to people who actually are anti-Semitic. I myself try to make a firm distinction between the two, although it becomes increasingly more difficult.

Obviously, you've missed the many posts cheering for the killers of the Fogel family, the pretense that those 'children' were "innocent" even as they were recorded boasting about the murders - and even as their mothers both gave interviews stating they were honored to be the mothers of such fine young fellows as murdered a three-month old baby.....

Since you haven't been here long - I wonder why you imagine anyone is going to put much stock into your opinions, as uninformed as they are bound to be.

Israeli propaganda.

Really, Mr. Tinmore? All citizens of Israel, which of course means the young children and elderly people are not "civilians" and thus can be terrorized and killed by your fellow Arabs in the area. I guess Arabs like to think that. Maybe they think that since the people of Israel are not civilians, they can just sashay into a hospital and kill all the patients there. Wow, what a people!!!

I did not write the Geneva Convention. I merely stated what it says.

"I don't think every single act by the IDF is intentionally targeting of civilians."

Well now Dreolin - that is certainly progress. I should hope you'd take a moment to explain to Tinny and Billo and sherri and 'Alfalfa' that that particular allegation - which they are each so very fond of making! - is actually detrimental to their 'cause'.

You might also wish to explain to Sunni that Holocaust denial is going to disgust a great many people and cause them to distance themselves from any 'cause' embraced by such deniers as himself and sherri....

Israeli propaganda.

No, you just gave your particular SLANT on what it says...... your opinion is not the same as a fact.

No, you just gave your particular SLANT on what it says...... your opinion is not the same as a fact.

Targeting civilians is not a Hamas policy

MP: What is Hamas policy, if any, regarding civilians? Are they a target for the militants?

The main question was about the settlers: Are they civilians or not? According to the Geneva Accord they are not. Even according to the Israelis they are not.

A Dialogue with Hamas - Part 1 - Worldpress.org

Of course the GC does not mention settlers. It uses the broader term "nationals."

It is unit of my GCE A-level History course.

The questions is:
1. What religion are you?
2. Which of these solutions to the Palestine-Israel conflict, appeal the most to you?
a) Integration, one state for two people b) Separation, two states for two people
3. Do you believe that the Oslo Accords could have archived a lasting peace?
4. Do you believe that there will be peaceful solution to the conflict?
5. Who do you believe have the most responsibility for the conflict?
6. Do you think that there is motivation amongst the Palestinians and the Israeli to find a peaceful solution?
7. Some of the central issues which they can not agree on are Jerusalem, right of return of refugees and where the borders should go. What do you believe is the right solution to these issues?

Ultimately, that is another country on the other side of the planet from here, so it makes no difference my opinions. Peace is such that, you just let it happen and it happens, what is the need for recriminations?

MP: What is Hamas policy, if any, regarding civilians? Are they a target for the militants?

The main question was about the settlers: Are they civilians or not? According to the Geneva Accord they are not. Even according to the Israelis they are not.

Of course the GC does not mention settlers. It uses the broader term "nationals."

You didn't specify 'settlers'. And the HAMAS Charter supersedes any quotes by a particular spokesperson. LOOK IT UP.

You didn't specify 'settlers'. And the HAMAS Charter supersedes any quotes by a particular spokesperson. LOOK IT UP.

Ariel Sharon sent Efraim Halevi, who was the head of Shin Bet at the time. The Egyptians, who were the mediators, negotiated with Halevi. When we reached the definition of civilians, we accepted the definition put forward by the Geneva Accord. The Israelis were surprised, as they did not expect that.

When I posted 'look it up', I was referring to the HAMAS/PLO/PA Charters, not any 'external' documents.

I see that I didn't make myself clear earlier. I regret having been less specific in my posting.

When I posted 'look it up', I was referring to the HAMAS/PLO/PA Charters, not any 'external' documents.

I see that I didn't make myself clear earlier. I regret having been less specific in my posting.

Palestine's government is bound by its constitution. The charters of the various political parties are irrelevant.

Chapter One
ARTICLE 1

Palestine is part of the large Arab World, and the Palestinian people are part of the Arab Nation. Arab Unity is an objective which the Palestinian People shall work to achieve.
ARTICLE 2

The Palestinian People are the source of all power, which shall be exercised through the legislative, executive, and judicial authorities, based on the principle of separation of powers, and in the manner set forth in this Basic Law.
ARTICLE 3

Jerusalem is the Capital of Palestine.
ARTICLE 4

Islam is the official religion in Palestine. Respect and sanctity of all other heavenly religions shall be maintained.
The principles of Islamic Shari’a shall be the main source of legislation.
Arabic shall be the official language.

ARTICLE 5

The governing system in Palestine shall be a democratic parliamentary system based on political and party pluralism. The President of the National Authority shall be directly elected by people. The Government shall be responsible to the President and to the Palestinian Legislative Council.
ARTICLE 6

The principle of the rule of law shall be the basis of government in Palestine. All authorities, powers, agencies, institutions and individuals shall be subject to law.
ARTICLE 7

Palestinian citizenship shall be regulated by law.
ARTICLE 8

The flag of Palestine shall be in four colors, and in accordance with the dimensions and measurement approved by the Palestinian Liberation Organization. It shall be the official flag of the country.

Constitution of Palestine (2003) - Wikisource, the free online library

Palestine is part of the arab nation, palestine used to be part of the Ottoman empire, syrian sanjuk, Egypt and the WB was annexed by Jordan. The arabs states rejected the creation of a palestinian state at the UN.

They still will not the existence of Israel as a jewish state. Abbas made that quite clear the other day. Hamas has said they won't even recognize Israel at all. They believe Israel is stolen and part of the region of palestine. Syria still has desires of a greater syria that includes palestine and Israel, parts of iraq, turkey and jordan. Jerusalem was to be internationalized originally. Now Kerry want to give it to the Vatican for a period to protect access to "all" holy sites to all people with advisory from Jordan.

Chapter One
ARTICLE 1

Palestine is part of the large Arab World, and the Palestinian people are part of the Arab Nation. Arab Unity is an objective which the Palestinian People shall work to achieve.
ARTICLE 2

The Palestinian People are the source of all power, which shall be exercised through the legislative, executive, and judicial authorities, based on the principle of separation of powers, and in the manner set forth in this Basic Law.
ARTICLE 3

ARTICLE 4

Islam is the official religion in Palestine. Respect and sanctity of all other heavenly religions shall be maintained.

ARTICLE 5

The governing system in Palestine shall be a democratic parliamentary system based on political and party pluralism. The President of the National Authority shall be directly elected by people. The Government shall be responsible to the President and to the Palestinian Legislative Council.
ARTICLE 6

The principle of the rule of law shall be the basis of government in Palestine. All authorities, powers, agencies, institutions and individuals shall be subject to law.
ARTICLE 7

ARTICLE 8

The flag of Palestine shall be in four colors, and in accordance with the dimensions and measurement approved by the Palestinian Liberation Organization. It shall be the official flag of the country.

Palestine is part of the arab nation, palestine used to be part of the Ottoman empire, syrian sanjuk, Egypt and the WB was annexed by Jordan. The arabs states rejected the creation of a palestinian state at the UN.

They still will not the existence of Israel as a jewish state. Abbas made that quite clear the other day. Hamas has said they won't even recognize Israel at all. They believe Israel is stolen and part of the region of palestine. Syria still has desires of a greater syria that includes palestine and Israel, parts of iraq, turkey and jordan. Jerusalem was to be internationalized originally. Now Kerry want to give it to the Vatican for a period to protect access to "all" holy sites to all people with advisory from Jordan.

The very first principle states that Palestine is part of the larger Arab world, and Palestine will work towards its unity. Yet Mr. Tinmore once stated that a Palestinian is no more an Arab than an American is a Brit. America isn't part of the British Commonwealth, but a Palestine would surely be in the Arab League.
It also states that Islam will be the state religion. Would that make Christians and Jews second-class citizens? And with Sharia law in place, will we start seeing thieves' hands being cut off, or women being stoned for adultery or witchcraft?

Chapter One
ARTICLE 1

ARTICLE 2

ARTICLE 3

ARTICLE 4

ARTICLE 5

ARTICLE 6

ARTICLE 7

ARTICLE 8

The very first principle states that Palestine is part of the larger Arab world, and Palestine will work towards its unity. Yet Mr. Tinmore once stated that a Palestinian is no more an Arab than an American is a Brit. America isn't part of the British Commonwealth, but a Palestine would surely be in the Arab League.
It also states that Islam will be the state religion. Would that make Christians and Jews second-class citizens? And with Sharia law in place, will we start seeing thieves' hands being cut off, or women being stoned for adultery or witchcraft?

Mahmoud Abbas has publicly stated that no Jews or even Israeli-Arab citizens will be allowed in the new Palestinian State.

Chapter One
ARTICLE 1

ARTICLE 2

ARTICLE 3

ARTICLE 4

ARTICLE 5

ARTICLE 6

ARTICLE 7

ARTICLE 8

Mahmoud Abbas has publicly stated that no Jews or even Israeli-Arab citizens will be allowed in the new Palestinian State.

Jews will not be ethnically cleansed from the West Bank. It is where Abraham, Rachel, and Joseph's Tombs are located.

Forum List

Back