Essay for school project

The very first principle states that Palestine is part of the larger Arab world, and Palestine will work towards its unity. Yet Mr. Tinmore once stated that a Palestinian is no more an Arab than an American is a Brit. America isn't part of the British Commonwealth, but a Palestine would surely be in the Arab League.
It also states that Islam will be the state religion. Would that make Christians and Jews second-class citizens? And with Sharia law in place, will we start seeing thieves' hands being cut off, or women being stoned for adultery or witchcraft?

Mahmoud Abbas has publicly stated that no Jews or even Israeli-Arab citizens will be allowed in the new Palestinian State.

Jews will not be ethnically cleansed from the West Bank. It is where Abraham, Rachel, and Joseph's Tombs are located.

Exactly, which is why I personally am against giving any land away.

Mahmoud Abbas has publicly stated that no Jews or even Israeli-Arab citizens will be allowed in the new Palestinian State.

Jews will not be ethnically cleansed from the West Bank. It is where Abraham, Rachel, and Joseph's Tombs are located.

Me too.

Everything inside Palestine's international borders goes to Palestine.

Right now palestine does not have an international border, that is being negotiated at the moment.
Palestine is not yet a state, nor has it been.

Me too.

Last edited:
Right now palestine does not have an international border, that is being negotiated at the moment.
Palestine is not yet a state, nor has it been.

Me too.

Not true.

Palestine has international borders.

Palestine's new borders are being negotiated. They are negotiating a change in Palestine's existing borders.

Palestine has international borders. Palestine's new borders are being negotiated. They are negotiating a change in Palestine's existing borders.
Palistanians have never had no land, no international borders and no state, of course.

Hamas have refused to allow election. They don't hold power because the majority of gazans voted for them. Actually more than 2/3 voted against them. They hold power because Fatah had too many candidates running for the same seats and split the vote into too many small pieces.

Palestine's government is bound by its constitution.
Does it say that Abu Mazen is for life?

No, he was supposed to leave January 9, 2009.

Hamas have refused to allow election. They don't hold power because the majority of gazans voted for them. Actually more than 2/3 voted against them. They hold power because Fatah had too many candidates running for the same seats and split the vote into too many small pieces.

Does it say that Abu Mazen is for life?

No, he was supposed to leave January 9, 2009.

You are confused.

There was no election "in Gaza."

It is Abbas who holding up new elections.

Of course the election was held in gaza, it wasn't held just in the WB.

Hamas still over threw, by force, the fatah in gaza in 2007, nearly a year and half after the elections.
Hamas might have won the seats but they did not win the popular vote Their rule in gaza now is illegal and they have established their own separate laws and brutal enforcement.
Unity with the PA is as complex as peace talks with Israel, perhaps more so in some ways.

Election included seats representing gaza. Election was held Jan 2006.

True, but to say that the election was in Gaza is misleading. The election was nationwide.

Of course the election was held in gaza, it wasn't held just in the WB.

Hamas still over threw, by force, the fatah in gaza in 2007, nearly a year and half after the elections.
Hamas might have won the seats but they did not win the popular vote Their rule in gaza now is illegal and they have established their own separate laws and brutal enforcement.
Unity with the PA is as complex as peace talks with Israel, perhaps more so in some ways.

Election included seats representing gaza. Election was held Jan 2006.

True, but to say that the election was in Gaza is misleading. The election was nationwide.

Fatah lost the nationwide elections in Palestine.

How is it the government in the West Bank?

Forum List

Back