Democrats set to lose another Congressional seat (NY-9) to unknown Republican

Good chance you're Foxbot/premature AGAIN...at any rate the guy is not the kind of Pub you'd recognize...the Dem get out the vote groups may make up for the crummy Dem candidate....

Cool. So you are saying this is a lock, right?
Nope. NY 9 covers parts of Queens and Brooklyn. It is most definitely a democrat stronghold.
The idea that a GOP candidate could even get 20or 30% of the vote is amazing.
Now this?
This is an erosion of Obama's base. Even if the democrat incumbent ekes out a win, it still indicates that the tide is flowing against Obama and the democrats.

Or it could mean people are pissed at Weiner. In any case..it would do some damage to morale..but the district is probably going away.

NY 9 also voted for giuliani and bloomberg. largely dem, but votes cross-over a lot.

I love how some Democrats are trying to downplay this because it is likely the District is going to be eliminated. As if that even remotely means anything. It is considered one of the most secure, Democrat Districts in the Country and the Republican is running ahead.

Very bad sign for Democrats.

Well. Here we go...

Open thread: The NY-9 and NV-2 special elections « Hot Air

Polls close at 9 p.m. ET in New York and 10 p.m. ET in Nevada. PPP surveyed the latter race in just the past few days and predicts a double-digit win for Republican Mark Amodei. McCain barely won the district three years ago but thanks in part to a breezy 33/59 approval rating for Obama, this is now a walkover for the GOP.

The suspense is in New York. In one corner: Republican Bob Turner, who leads by six points in not one but two recent polls. That’s encouraging, as is the fact that the White House is already pre-spinning an expected defeat, but that margin is by no means a guarantee of victory in a special election.

Live updates via the AP:

NY
News from The Associated Press

NV
News from The Associated Press

You are welcome. merged ~ del

When the district is desolved I think Obama will go with it. Obama has been far worse for our country than any congressional leader. I wish we could redistrict him.

Does Bob Turner know something the rest of us don’t? Because according to WNYC’s The Empire blog, he just had David Weprin served with papers, challenging the election results, in the middle of the street, before the election is even over.

David Weprin Served Papers on Street As Turner Challenges Election Results Before It’s Over | PolitickerNY

It is stupid for either side to serve challenge papers like this prior to the actual results being tabulated.

Unless there is hard, irrefutable evidence of fraud that one side has, of course.

As I am unaware of such evidence in this case, serving the papers prior to a decision was stupid.

Good chance you're Foxbot/premature AGAIN...at any rate the guy is not the kind of Pub you'd recognize...the Dem get out the vote groups may make up for the crummy Dem candidate....

Good chance you're MSNBC/NPR/premature AGAIN...at any rate the guy is not the kind of Dem you'd recognize...the GOP get out the vote groups will help crush the crummy Dem candidate....

and yet typical of turner...

How can it be typical when he is a political unknown? :confused:

yeah, you said that in your o/p, too. it seems it somehow makes you feel good.

however, turner almost unseated anthony weiner last time he ran.

he's hardly an "unknown" in the district. he is, however, really unstable. and it will be a shame for his district if he wins.

of course, it will only be for a year, so he won't be able to do too much damage... assuming he wins, of course.

and with one precinct reporting, the Republicans are in the lead!

How long that will continue is anyone's guess, but it is a great start.

and yet typical of turner...

How can it be typical when he is a political unknown? :confused:

yeah, you said that in your o/p, too. it seems it somehow makes you feel good.

however, turner almost unseated anthony weiner last time he ran.

he's hardly an "unknown" in the district. he is, however, really unstable. and it will be a shame for his district if he wins.

of course, it will only be for a year, so he won't be able to do too much damage... assuming he wins, of course.

I lied? I merely repeated the current news stories

and with one precinct reporting, the Republicans are in the lead!

How long that will continue is anyone's guess, but it is a great start.

the "lead" with almost nothing in... is 1%.... 126 votes to 125, apparently.

not very auspicious. and i wouldn't view it as cause for optimism or pessimism on either side.

i'd also remind you it's not *your* kids' schools that will be screwed if turner wins.... but the people in ny 9

Last edited:

Forum List

Back