Democrats set to lose another Congressional seat (NY-9) to unknown Republican

Are you out of your mind? What exactly is conservative about this district? This is how you are going to justify this, that now the district is conservative.

This district gave America Charles E. Schumer and Anthony D. Weiner two of the most liberal, left leaning representative in the US Congress.

That voted for Anthony Weiner, noted conservative? You're killing me...

I guess you boys didn't read the thread, and missed this:

There are too many wingnuts in this thread for me to read it, but this is the deal with NY9:

It has the largest population of Orthodox Jews in the country - very conservative, and they are basically one-issue voters: who is the most Pro-Israel?

A lot of smart political people thought that Weiner could have maybe re-won his seat if he had tried, because Anthony Weiner was THE most Pro-Israel member of Congress. That's a fact.

So, while it is generally a very Pro-Democratic district, if the Republican supports Israel more in his rhetoric, he will get that segment's votes, no matter his wingnut positions on every other issue.

And their reason for electing Geraldine Ferraro?
And Chuck Schumer?

Are you out of your mind? What exactly is conservative about this district? This is how you are going to justify this, that now the district is conservative.

This district gave America Charles E. Schumer and Anthony D. Weiner two of the most liberal, left leaning representative in the US Congress.

That voted for Anthony Weiner, noted conservative? You're killing me...

There are too many wingnuts in this thread for me to read it, but this is the deal with NY9:

It has the largest population of Orthodox Jews in the country - very conservative, and they are basically one-issue voters: who is the most Pro-Israel?

A lot of smart political people thought that Weiner could have maybe re-won his seat if he had tried, because Anthony Weiner was THE most Pro-Israel member of Congress. That's a fact.

So, while it is generally a very Pro-Democratic district, if the Republican supports Israel more in his rhetoric, he will get that segment's votes, no matter his wingnut positions on every other issue.

So that is it; the Republican was just more pro-Israel in his rhetoric. Nothing more.

What you are missing is the historical context of this special election. So this district of conservative Jews elected pro-choice, pro-gay marriage, anti-second amendment--in fact this district of conservative Jews never, ever EVER elected anyone espousing conservative positions until now.

And the fact that we have a president, that this district overwhelmingly supported, with a pro-Palestinian policy that is hostile to Israel has nothing to do with it.

Right.

So that is it; the Republican was just more pro-Israel in his rhetoric. Nothing more.

What you are missing is the historical context of this special election. So this district of conservative Jews elected pro-choice, pro-gay marriage, anti-second amendment--in fact this district of conservative Jews never, ever EVER elected anyone espousing conservative positions until now.

And the fact that we have a president, that this district overwhelmingly supported, with a pro-Palestinian policy that is hostile to Israel has nothing to do with it.

Right.
If the candidate was sufficiently pro-Israel, all the other positions were forgiven.

Like I said: single issue voters.

I'm surprised the rightwing nuts around here aren't treating this as no big deal,

the way they did the Democratic wins in GOP districts NY 26 and NY 23.

Oh, okay, I lied, I'm not surprised.

You monkeys keep entertaining us!

You mean like how you treated NY26 and NY23 as a big deal and not this one?

Would you like a banana?

Right.
If the candidate was sufficiently pro-Israel, all the other positions were forgiven.

then why didnt his opponent run on a pro Israel platform?
Did he not know what you know?

Right.

:lol:

If the R's had only known that all they had to do, the only thing they had to campaign on was to be more pro Israel to win this district every election....lol

Right.

Jesus Christ, why didn't the Republicans think of this sooner!?!?!? All they had to do is be pro-Israel to win. If they had thought of this sooner they could have won the district back in the 70's.

Yes, the Jewish voters of this district are simplistic morons that vote on one issue, that's why they elected a Republican for the first time since the 1920's. Great point.

Last edited:
So, we go back to the first page and see these posts...

Cool. So you are saying this is a lock, right?

You assumed it was a lock for democrat.

Yeah Im sure the peopel who rank the republican lower than the president will vote in a bunch od republicans instead huh?

why is the right so delusional?
I think it's clear who is delusional here.

I had to edit for this pearl.

first of all, oh braindead imbecile, it's democrats. i suppose spelling isn't your strong suit, though. so we'll let it pass.

as for jews turning their backs... how stupid would the jews in the district have to be to turn their backs on the jewish candidate who's supported israel for his entire life?

i guess only in rightwingnut world would that make sense.

Speaking of wingnut...

Last edited:
I'm surprised the rightwing nuts around here aren't treating this as no big deal,

Would you like a banana?

This shit is too funny. The left is completely besides themselves about this. I've heard about a half a dozen different excuses for the loss. They can't even form a united front on the loss. Sad to see a party implode before your eyes.

Actually Naw it isn't, I'm loving it!

Right.

Jesus Christ, why didn't the Republicans think of this sooner!?!?!? All they had to do is be pro-Israel to win. If they had thought of this sooner they could have won the district back in the 70's.

Yes, the Jewish voters of this district are simplistic morons that vote on one issue, that's why they elected a Republican for the first time since the 1920's. Great point.

funny...it has been a democratic district since what....1920's?
I thought Israel didnt become a state until the late 40's.....

I guess the voters of the 20's. 30's and early 40's knew something was goinbg to happen before everyone else...???...

Would you like a banana?

This shit is too funny. The left is completely besides themselves about this. I've heard about a half a dozen different excuses for the loss. They can't even form a united front on the loss. Sad to see a party implode before your eyes.

Curious...has Truthmatters claimed it was cheating by the GOP yet?
I have her on ignore so I dont get to laugh at her posts anymore.

Would you like a banana?

The only thing that has surprised me is that no liberal has suggested that the election was stolen, yet. It's coming. We'll have to wait tonight for Shultz, Sharpton, and that other distinguished gentleman Maddow. I almost guarantee this will be implied.

dissapointmints.jpg

We are seeing Republicans loose in their districts as well. Much of the electorate is seething and angry in a non partisan way and wants change for its own sake.

even if they pick a wacko like turner....

fwiw, turner gave anthony weiner a run for his money in the last election and weprin doesn't have weiner's incumbancy status.

weprin is a good guy, though. he should win. if he doesn't it's ny's loss because the last thing ny needs right now is a tea party nutter who wants to cut money to schools.

From. Not to, two or too... FROM schools.

Mike

The only thing that has surprised me is that no liberal has suggested that the election was stolen, yet. It's coming. We'll have to wait tonight for Shultz, Sharpton, and that other distinguished gentleman Maddow. I almost guarantee this will be implied.
if the election would have been closer they would lie and cry foul ....but Turner handily defeated the communist by a large margin !!

Forum List

Back