Democrats set to lose another Congressional seat (NY-9) to unknown Republican

Here's what you said

We need to get away from this it's the party or nothing mentality
A republican can strip your rights away as any democrat can. Does it matter what the party they belong too? No it doesn't, because your rights and liberty's are still gone.

No where in the quote you quoted does it say all democrats. Its a generalization. Im not going to sit here and list the moderates by name for fucks sake

In your quote you mention Democrats You said WELL DEMOCRATS meaning all democrats.. I really don't wish to go back and furth on this. We both want the same thing obama and his mess gone, but Republicans who do not protect individual God given rights are just as bad as any liberal democrat.

Are you really going to this extreme in an attempt to put words into my mouth? Christ

DemocratS is plural. It means more than ONE. It doen NOT mean all. Let it go already.

We are seeing Republicans loose in their districts as well. Much of the electorate is seething and angry in a non partisan way and wants change for its own sake.

even if they pick a wacko like turner....

fwiw, turner gave anthony weiner a run for his money in the last election and weprin doesn't have weiner's incumbancy status.

weprin is a good guy, though. he should win. if he doesn't it's ny's loss because the last thing ny needs right now is a tea party nutter who wants to cut money to schools.

I don't know enough about Turner to determine his ideology, but I do know that New York City has the second most expensive public school system per pupil in the country and yet it ranks one of the worst in quality of education in the country, so clearly all that money being spent there isn't doing a whole lot of good. May as well stop wasting it. That money isn't being spent for the benefit of the students; it's spent for the benefit of the bureaucrats and those employed by the inept school system.

No where in the quote you quoted does it say all democrats. Its a generalization. Im not going to sit here and list the moderates by name for fucks sake

In your quote you mention Democrats You said WELL DEMOCRATS meaning all democrats.. I really don't wish to go back and furth on this. We both want the same thing obama and his mess gone, but Republicans who do not protect individual God given rights are just as bad as any liberal democrat.

Are you really going to this extreme in an attempt to put words into my mouth? Christ

DemocratS is plural. It means more than ONE. It doen NOT mean all. Let it go already.

You said DemocratS, you could have said some democrats or most democrats.

Let it go already

Yoiu see thats how I won a few debates back on my old high school speech and debate team, I never let an issue go.

While it would be cool if this egg were to hatch, it is still 28 hours before the polls close. The hen is no longer a virgin, but the chick is still in the shell.

Patience, grasshopper. (which happens to be chicken feed)

You said DemocratS, you could have said some democrats or most democrats.

Let it go already

Yoiu see thats how I won a few debates back on my old high school speech and debate team, I never let an issue go.

Jesus Christ dude. I COULD HAVE SAID ANY NUMBER OF THINGS and based on your responses thus far it wouldnt matter. Read what you will into my words, I and most others take them at face value. Not some underlying crystal ball meaning.

Cool. So you are saying this is a lock, right?
Nope. NY 9 covers parts of Queens and Brooklyn. It is most definitely a democrat stronghold.
The idea that a GOP candidate could even get 20or 30% of the vote is amazing.
Now this?
This is an erosion of Obama's base. Even if the democrat incumbent ekes out a win, it still indicates that the tide is flowing against Obama and the democrats.

It should be an interesting vote, especially if the Jews in the district turn their backs on the dimocrat candidate.

first of all, oh braindead imbecile, it's democrats. i suppose spelling isn't your strong suit, though. so we'll let it pass.

as for jews turning their backs... how stupid would the jews in the district have to be to turn their backs on the jewish candidate who's supported israel for his entire life?

i guess only in rightwingnut world would that make sense.

It appears that 0bama's handling of Israel is not going over well in NY9...

A tidbit from the PPP poling:

The issue of Israel does appear to be having a major impact on this race. A plurality of voters- 37%- said that Israel was 'very important' in determining their votes. Turner is winning those folks by an amazing 71-22 margin. With everyone who doesn't say Israel is a very important issue for them Weprin actually leads 52-36. Turner is in fact winning the Jewish vote by a 56-39 margin, very unusual for a Republican candidate...

There is no enthusiasm gap here. Obama voters are showing up in the same numbers they did in 2008. But only 65% of them are voting Democratic. That's a really big cause for concern.

Source: Daily Kos: NY 09: Obama turns Weprin into Toast. Turner Leads 47-41. Updates.

I'd say not a lock...which is why the Republican vying for the seat has decided he's was going to use the 9/11 anniversary for a little Islamaphobia.
Who said anything about Islam?
Once again a lib in order to have something in opposition has to make up shit.
Think progress has no credibility. I've read their nonsense. That site's contributors could at any time need a lawyer to help them with the legal aspects of the press shield laws and advice on First Amendment rights because these people stretch the truth to limits far beyond the reasonable and simply make stuff up based on hearsay and opinion.
All of these blogs are garbage. Left and Right wing.
They are all a pox on our society

It should be an interesting vote, especially if the Jews in the district turn their backs on the dimocrat candidate.

first of all, oh braindead imbecile, it's democrats. i suppose spelling isn't your strong suit, though. so we'll let it pass.

as for jews turning their backs... how stupid would the jews in the district have to be to turn their backs on the jewish candidate who's supported israel for his entire life?

i guess only in rightwingnut world would that make sense.
No boopie..it is DIMocrats.
Being Jewish does not guarantee the Jewish vote.
Why you would make this accusation is incredible.

im not sure what you speak of Gpa. However, its clear you have an agenda now. next.

I have an agenda??????????? lol

Im a republican so I want the republican to win. Thats a mighty devious agenda huh? :lol:
Horrible. Dastardly.
As a matter of fact I've had it with your shenanigans and skulduggery. You skallowag.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eobuu-IexvI&feature=player_detailpage]Red Queen : OFF WITH HIS HEAD! (Alice In Wonderland) - YouTube[/ame]

the fact that its even in play is a tell tell sign, but deny deny deny.

im not surprised, if they denied 2010, it won't be a big deal for them to deny this.

If the Dim loses today the spin from the left should be interesting tomorrow.

If this thread is any indication it will be because of 9/11 hysteria :cuckoo:

C'mon now, Grampa, play fair. That's one they could have used tomorrow it they need it.

Nope. NY 9 covers parts of Queens and Brooklyn. It is most definitely a democrat stronghold.
The idea that a GOP candidate could even get 20or 30% of the vote is amazing.
Now this?
This is an erosion of Obama's base. Even if the democrat incumbent ekes out a win, it still indicates that the tide is flowing against Obama and the democrats.

Or it could mean people are pissed at Weiner. In any case..it would do some damage to morale..but the district is probably going away.

I think polls in NY close at 9, so we should see results by 11.

It is a funky looking district. And according to the daily news, the Democratic leadership chose the candidate because that district is one they have chosen to eliminate with the 2012 redistricting. No matter who wins, NY 9 will be gone in Jan of 2013

Forum List

Back