Alis volat propriis
- Aug 25, 2009
- Reaction score
Combined with irresponsible slashing of revenue
We used to be a great society that did great things
We built the Panama Canal, Hoover Damn, TVA, Interstate Highway System......we even went to the moon
Then we sold out to Supply Side Economics......slash taxes at the top and watch the wealth and prosperity trickle down
Instead, they just kept the money
We beg poverty when major projects are proposed. Can’t afford modern infrastructure. Roads, Bridges, mass transit, modern communications and power grids.......all are neglected
Tax revenue is up
Who Really Pays Uncle Sam's Bills?
From your source:
U.S. Tax Revenue by Year
Here's a record of income for each fiscal year since 1960. There are links to more details about the revenue back to the FY 2006 budget. Tax receipts fell off during the recession but started setting new records by FY 2013.
- FY 2020 - $3.64 trillion, budgeted.
- FY 2019 - $3.44 trillion, estimated.
- FY 2018 - $3.33 trillion.
- FY 2017 - $3.32 trillion.
- FY 2016 - $3.27 trillion.
- FY 2015 - $3.25 trillion.
- FY 2014 - $3.02 trillion.
- FY 2013 - $2.77 trillion.
- FY 2012 - $2.45 trillion.
- FY 2011 - $2.30 trillion.
- FY 2010 - $2.16 trillion.
- FY 2009 - $2.10 trillion.
- FY 2008 - $2.52 trillion.