Covid delta again.

People still die in car crashes even if they’re wearing seat belts.

Is that a reason not to wear it?

When I wear a seat belt, Im not introducing a new experimental technology that hasn't been through the proper clinical trials, into my body. Seat belts have been thoroughly tested for decades...........along with most vaccinations. Again, the mRNA isn't a vaccine. There are a million reasons not to take it. We'll know more about this injection in 5-8 years.

When I wear a seat belt, Im not introducing a new experimental technology that hasn't been through the proper clinical trials, into my body. Seat belts have been thoroughly tested for decades...........along with most vaccinations. Again, the mRNA isn't a vaccine. There are a million reasons not to take it. We'll know more about this injection in 5-8 years.
They tested seat belts for decades?

You mean by putting them into cars and having people use them.

Here in Vegas, we have over 1,000 hospitalized currently, 20 died yesterday, and we are nearing 1,000 new cases daily.
Doesn't seem like the flu to me.

It is smaller than the flu, on a monthly basis.
Flu can be 60k/month, while covid-19 usually is more like 30k/month
But we have prevented the covid epidemic from ending, by "flattening the curve".
So then it will go on and on forever, with more and more people accumulating in the hospitals.

It is smaller than the flu, on a monthly basis.
Flu can be 60k/month, while covid-19 usually is more like 30k/month
But we have prevented the covid epidemic from ending, by "flattening the curve".
So then it will go on and on forever, with more and more people accumulating in the hospitals.

WTF? :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

They tested seat belts for decades?

You mean by putting them into cars and having people use them.

Wrong.
Seat belts not only were first test by race cars for decades, but they can't ever cause harm.
While these mRNA vaccines for covid-19 only got testing for about 3 months and not enough for FDA approval even.

If you don't get it, I will explain it again.
What ends all epidemics is that the virus runs out of easy hosts.
By "flattening the curve" we prevent the epidemic from burning out from using up too many hosts too quickly.
Essentially we are conserving hosts, so then it never runs out, and the epidemic stays around forever.
Since we give it more time, it expands much father and wider than it could have normally.

If you don't get it, I will explain it again.
What ends all epidemics is that the virus runs out of easy hosts.
By "flattening the curve" we prevent the epidemic from burning out from using up too many hosts too quickly.
Essentially we are conserving hosts, so then it never runs out, and the epidemic stays around forever.
Since we give it more time, it expands much father and wider than it could have normally.
It’s highly infectious. It was always going to spread far and wide. With 6 billion hosts, we wouldn’t ever run out of them.

bullshit. Look at a fucking map. It doesn't matter if 80% are asymptomatic. the 80% applies to every state. Covid cases are increasing mainly in areas with low vaccination rates.

But we do not have to take the added risk of the vaccine in order to end the epidemic.
Acquired immunity is even better than vaccine immunity, and we could have done that last March instead of waiting.
Fauci was wrong when he said it would take 2.4 million deaths to achieve 70% immunity.
That is only is you do not selectively infect people.
Since those under 40 are 400 times less likely to die than those over 70, by only infecting young/healthy volunteers, then you divide Fauci's death estimate by 400 and get only 6,000.

I gave up the fight, Do what ever you want. Am going back to masks lock downs & being unable to support small business again. bummer just when was starting to enjoy a more normal life.
I dunno. Even in Miss I don't feel too threatened by these idiots. I have something like 80% immunity. I have very little human interaction at work, and can come and go at non peak times. I go to whole foods and a Krogers once a week, again at non peak times. I'll go out to a restaurant once a week where there's distancing, and the servers are masked.

I do think I'm just going to use my cloth masks at work and will break out the KN95 masks. 80% is not 100%. But in theory if I do get a case, it should not be as serious as perhaps I'd get unvaccinated.

I'm more worried about the overall economy. For example,what happens if the delta variant runs though a large HS here?

Now you’re just talking out of your ass. It’s clear as day that COVID is seasonal. We knew a year ago, and it’s only been proven. That doesn’t mean spikes don’t happen in summer months, or flu seasons don’t run later in some regional areas etc, just not to the same degree.

IF
Naturally
Acquired
immunity
To
The
Alpha
Provides
Immunity
For
The
Delta
Then
You
Will
See
That
Reflect
In
The
Next
Spike
Of
Delta.

What are you not getting about that?
I don't want to catch the delta variant at all. What aren't u getting about that?

It’s highly infectious. It was always going to spread far and wide. With 6 billion hosts, we wouldn’t ever run out of them.

Wrong on all counts.
First of all, covid is NOT at all "highly infectious".
It has an R0 value of only about 2.0, which is so low that it almost is not infectious at all.
Compare it to something like measles, which has an R0 value of 9.5.
The Delta variant that is being called so infectious is still only an R0 value of 2.5, which is still very low.

And you are totally wrong about the 6 billion total hosts.
Only the local hosts matter at all.
People have very small circles of common contact.
The virus can only survive in a human for a maximum of 12 days.
So it has to keep on the move.
The whole point of herd immunity, and how it has ended all epidemics, is a burn out of local hosts.
So instead of "flattening the curve", you want to do the opposite, and accelerate infection, locally.

bullshit. Look at a fucking map. It doesn't matter if 80% are asymptomatic. the 80% applies to every state. Covid cases are increasing mainly in areas with low vaccination rates.
Again, we don't know that. Even the WHO is saying that asymptomatic is occurring among the vaccinated. Not only that, we're starting to see the number increase in hospitalizations and serious infection among the vaccinated. This is eerily following the path of the study with mRNA back in 2010 in which the test subjects did very well with the injection but later died due to the introduction of a wild virus. Let's hope that doesn't follow through with humans.

But we do not have to take the added risk of the vaccine in order to end the epidemic.
Acquired immunity is even better than vaccine immunity, and we could have done that last March instead of waiting.
Fauci was wrong when he said it would take 2.4 million deaths to achieve 70% immunity.
Since those under 40 are 400 times less likely to die than those over 70, by only infecting young/healthy volunteers, then you divide Fauci's death estimate by 400 and get only 6,000.
Fauci wasn't the source, but I realize u need a bugaboo man.
Fauci wasn't the source, but I understand your need for a bugaboo to pin inconvenient facts on.

I dunno. Even in Miss I don't feel too threatened by these idiots. I have something like 80% immunity. I have very little human interaction at work, and can come and go at non peak times. I go to whole foods and a Krogers once a week, again at non peak times. I'll go out to a restaurant once a week where there's distancing, and the servers are masked.

I do think I'm just going to use my cloth masks at work and will break out the KN95 masks. 80% is not 100%. But in theory if I do get a case, it should not be as serious as perhaps I'd get unvaccinated.

I'm more worried about the overall economy. For example,what happens if the delta variant runs though a large HS here?

What do you mean by you have "80%" immunity?
Either you have immunity or you don't.
There is no such thing as 80% immunity.
If you have been vaccinated or recovered, then you have 100% immunity.
The fact you can still get infected is 100%, no matter what your immunity is.
If you have been vaccinated and the vaccine is 80% effective, that means when you do get infected, odds of you dying are 80% lower than if not vaccinated or recovered.

Forum List

Back