Covid delta again.

The purpose is to demonstrate efficacy of the virus, not to determine reinfection rates of "no-alpha variant previous infections".

I don't know why you think that would be the important control group.
It’s obvious, but if you wish me to believe you are that stupid I will explain. IF natural immunity provides immunity for the delta, but the vaccine doesn’t (as the Israeli data shows), is it not important to determine who has been infected in both subject and control group?

It doesn't. As stated earlier, Israel has a tiny percentage of cases that they had in previous spikes. Conditions for spread are always present for COVID, given how easily it spreads.

If the vaccine truly weren't effective, the rates would be far higher. Instead, they're seeing a small percentage. You can try to explain this away, but without a vaccine, Israel would undoubtedly have higher rates of not just cases, but also much higher rates of severe disease and death.
Now you’re just talking out of your ass. It’s clear as day that COVID is seasonal. We knew a year ago, and it’s only been proven. That doesn’t mean spikes don’t happen in summer months, or flu seasons don’t run later in some regional areas etc, just not to the same degree.

IF
Naturally
Acquired
immunity
To
The
Alpha
Provides
Immunity
For
The
Delta
Then
You
Will
See
That
Reflect
In
The
Next
Spike
Of
Delta.

What are you not getting about that?

The vaccine won’t stop every infection.

It will stop a lot of them. Data suggests it stops 90% of them, roughly. The statement you posted does not contradict this. It merely says that someone may still get COVID and transmit it. That’s true. The vaccine can and does stop infection in most cases.
I think you have misconstrued infection for disease.

Even after vaccination... if exposed, you can be infected. Your vaccine taught immune system is 90% likely to have the tools to fight the infection and keep the disease from actively causing damage...but you are still infected...and if Covid is like herpes or chicken pox and can hide out for months or years evading your immune system...that's going to happen regardless of your vaccination status.

That makes it a non-factor.

Delta variant = spring flu

Likely 94% of these deaths are from something else.

Zionist left seems hysterical to start another shutdown.

Funny, for the past week I have communicated all over the country with many people, and their observations are

NOBODY is sick

This is the same fraud verbatim, with the same treasonous slime here pushing it.

Here in Vegas, we have over 1,000 hospitalized currently, 20 died yesterday, and we are nearing 1,000 new cases daily.
Doesn't seem like the flu to me.

Yep. And provided data for it which you misconstrued.
No. That data doesn't say what you think it says. It doesn't say that you won't get COVID. No where in it.
I notice how you didn't even attempt to refute my post, you just went straight to insults and abuse. What a weak and pathetic move on your part, A$$hat.

Sorry it took me so long to call you on your bullshit. I was down at the farmer's market, getting some fresh from the farm treats for my dinner party tomorrow. Friends I haven't seen for a while are coming out from the city for a celebration dinner. We haven't all been together since the lockdown started. The Blue Jays are coming home next week and we're planning our first game since 2019.

It feels good to live in a country where the government didn't try to politicize the pandemic and instead, went about the business of shutting it down. Giving our citizens the facts, structures, and information we needed to keep ourselves from getting sick and dying.

They gave our hospitals the testing materials and PPE to keep their staff safe, and our health insurance system ensured that anyone who sniffled, got tested before they spread it to others.

You were stupid and gullible enough to fall for every lie. You're still being conned by right wing politicians. And you call me stupid.

I'm sitting here, fully vaxxed, in a country which has pretty much achieved the 70% threshhold of "herd immunity", which means the virus has little opportunity to spread or mutuate.

Nothing is as gullible or as stupid as the white conservative male.
There wasn't anything to refute. You threw in something that was completely unrelated and you are continuing to demonstrate your stupidity and in a rather gung-ho manner.

I'm a liberal female.

Thank you and have a blessed day.

Last edited:
No. That data doesn't say what you think it says. It doesn't say that you won't get COVID. No where in it. The very first thing that
It literally says it prevents infection. What the hell do you think that means?

Disir
Most likely never truly eradicating it. But the vaccine would certainly hurry the process to push it on the back burner.
MAGA
Aldo.............I am not a supporter of Trump.

No. It wouldn't push it to the back burner. Basic evolutionary science explains the different strains. The vaccinations are completely and totally experimental. You guys have to get to a point where you understand that you are going to need to continue to get shots on a regular basis and it is no guarantee that you will not get it. It's not going away for about 7 years. By then it will be replaced by a new-ish fear of an illness that has made it to our shores or surged.

Here is the thing. You cannot repeat a shut down. You can't allow that to happen again.

Even after vaccination... if exposed, you can be infected. Your vaccine taught immune system is 90% likely to have the tools to fight the infection and keep the disease from actively causing damage...but you are still infected...and if Covid is like herpes or chicken pox and can hide out for months or years evading your immune system...that's going to happen regardless of your vaccination status.

Thank you. It's not just me. I thought I was losing my freaking mind.

And while technically that may be true it isn't in this instance.

No, I definitely haven’t confused anything. The researchers were doing constant surveillance PCR tests for the study population. If there was replicating virus in the group, they would have picked it up.

Wife sent me this...

Israel’s channel 13 reports very preliminary data showing that the resurgence of COVID infections in Israel is being driven almost exclusively by those who never had prior infection – whether they are vaccinated or not. In fact, 40% of the 7,700 new cases since May 1 in this very heavily tested and traced country were among those who were fully vaccinated.

That has nothing to do with how viruses and bacterias adapt and overcome. The mRNA isn't a vaccine. It doesn't introduce a virus. It doesn't prevent infection. It doesn't prevent spread.
Actually it’s quite a lot. Antibiotic resistance is a fair bit easier to achieve given the bacteria have proliferated during the time the “pressure” is introduced. That’s an advantage for the bacteria.

As for viruses, having an immunity makes it much more difficult for any infection far more difficult. Evolution and adaptation requires reproduction. That doesn’t happen when the infections are blocked.

What’s more, is that your idea of a pressure from vaccinations equally applies to the pressure from people who have acquired immunity through prior infection.

Aldo.............I am not a supporter of Trump.

No. It wouldn't push it to the back burner. Basic evolutionary science explains the different strains. The vaccinations are completely and totally experimental. You guys have to get to a point where you understand that you are going to need to continue to get shots on a regular basis and it is no guarantee that you will not get it. It's not going away for about 7 years. By then it will be replaced by a new-ish fear of an illness that has made it to our shores or surged.

Here is the thing. You cannot repeat a shut down. You can't allow that to happen again.
Those shots/“boosters” will ALWAYS be behind the actual strain that is circulating, btw. Unless they make an extremely lucky guess, the boosters will never be current with the strains. This is why we’ve never made a vaccine for this type of rapidly mutating virus. It’s not that we don’t have the ability, it’s once we finally get it out there, the virus will have mutated. This is exactly what Biden’s COVID czar dr. Micheal Olsterholm said back in March 2020.

It’s obvious, but if you wish me to believe you are that stupid I will explain. IF natural immunity provides immunity for the delta, but the vaccine doesn’t (as the Israeli data shows), is it not important to determine who has been infected in both subject and control group?
Not the purpose of the study, and there’s no reason to believe prior infection status would be different in either group.

1627159715256.png

Not the purpose of the study, and there’s no reason to believe prior infection status would be different in either group.
“persons with the delta variant (30.7%; 95% confidence interval [CI], 25.2 to 35.7) than among those with the alpha variant (48.7%; 95% CI, 45.5 to 51.7); the results were similar for both vaccines. With the BNT162b2 vaccine, the effectiveness of two doses was 93.7% (95% CI, 91.6 to 95.3) among persons with the alpha variant and 88.0% (95% CI, 85.3 to 90.1) among those with the delta variant. With the ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 vaccine, the effectiveness of two doses was 74.5% (95% CI, 68.4 to 79.4) among persons with the alpha variant and 67.0% (95% CI, 61.3 to 71.8) among those with the delta variant.”

They did not compare vaccinated to non-vaccinated. They compared vaccinated vs delta and vax vs alpha. So...explain how these numbers wouldn’t be directly in line with what I’ve been saying, and the Israeli/Gibraltar/UK data?

I gave up the fight, Do what ever you want. Am going back to masks lock downs & being unable to support small business again. bummer just when was starting to enjoy a more normal life.

They did not compare vaccinated to non-vaccinated. They compared vaccinated vs delta and vax vs alpha. So...explain how these numbers wouldn’t be directly in line with what I’ve been saying, and the Israeli/Gibraltar/UK data?
That’s not at all true. The methods are actually kinda complex but available to read. When they say efficacy, they’re referring to efficacy as compared to unvaccinated status.

Forum List

Back