Brilliant Georgetown students decide to pay reparations

Norman

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2010
"Georgetown University could become the first college in the nation to mandate a fee to benefit descendants of slaves sold by the university nearly 200 years ago – a debate, as first reported by ABC News, that takes place against the backdrop of a broader political conversation unfolding on the 2020 presidential campaign trail about reparations.

By almost a 2-to-1 margin, students approved the measure, which still must be approved by the university to go into effect.

If the university does approve the plan, it would be one of the first major American institutions to provide financial restitution for its role in slavery.

The school’s undergraduates voted Thursday, April 11, on the referendum, which would increase tuition by $27.20 per semester to create a fund benefiting descendants of the 272 slaves sold to pay off the Georgetown Jesuits’ debt – a move that saved the university financially."

Georgetown Students Approve Reparations Measure - Los Angeles Sentinel

Who copied whose retarded idea?

That's fine as long as they want to pay for it themselves. They'll be sorry once out of school and have to start repaying those college loans with interest. I would guess they are betting their money on Warren winning the presidency and paying all those loans off for them.

That's fine as long as they want to pay for it themselves. They'll be sorry once out of school and have to start repaying those college loans with interest. I would guess they are betting their money on Warren winning the presidency and paying all those loans off for them.
I'm guessing the students can manage the extra $218 it will cost them in four years.

"Georgetown University could become the first college in the nation to mandate a fee to benefit descendants of slaves sold by the university nearly 200 years ago – a debate, as first reported by ABC News, that takes place against the backdrop of a broader political conversation unfolding on the 2020 presidential campaign trail about reparations.

By almost a 2-to-1 margin, students approved the measure, which still must be approved by the university to go into effect.

If the university does approve the plan, it would be one of the first major American institutions to provide financial restitution for its role in slavery.

The school’s undergraduates voted Thursday, April 11, on the referendum, which would increase tuition by $27.20 per semester to create a fund benefiting descendants of the 272 slaves sold to pay off the Georgetown Jesuits’ debt – a move that saved the university financially."

Hold on! I'm receiving a vision, a vision of white American college students nailing themselves to a cross . . . martyrs, aren't they all?

I'm guessing the students can manage the extra $218 it will cost them in four years.

Ernest say $1 here $1 there pretty soon they be waitin' outside da' door for more from ya'all. Camels nose. Like dem temporary wink-wink taxes out in CA to build up dem' trains and sola sheeat.

Sure, if they pay it off at once. How many do you suppose will do that? In the meantime, it will just accumulate interest for something that won't do one person any good.

Deys' could make a fortune as Plumber Elctric Welder Trucker Construction Oil instead of doping up 4 years and learning sociology for $110K hell dem libraries is free.

Are these the same students bitching about student loan debt?

No one seems to understand the truth of this matter or the depth and harm of its inspired deception. These foolish children are falling on the sword of historical revisionism; of the history of their ancestors' sins revised and falsified by radical Leftist intellectuals who for decades have lorded over the academic institutions their parents pay for them to attend. This sword they're so eager to impale themselves upon does not exist, it's blade is dull and forged of outright lies and misconceptions. But by all means, if they're so eager to atone for the never happened sins of their forefathers, I'll get them the step ladder they're gonna need to start nailing themselves to those crosses. Pathetic self-flagellation in reverence to a political ideology become religion.

Are these the same students bitching about student loan debt?

Of course, mostly after they have received their gender studies indoctrination.

Some months ago, I read that Georgetown was going to give full scholarships to descendants of those slaves. I'm wondering if this fund, which doesn't seem to be all that big, is for books, living expenses, etc.

No one seems to understand the truth of this matter or the depth and harm of its inspired deception. These foolish children are falling on the sword of historical revisionism; of the history of their ancestors' sins revised and falsified by radical Leftist intellectuals who for decades have lorded over the academic institutions their parents pay for them to attend. This sword they're so eager to impale themselves upon does not exist, it's blade is dull and forged of outright lies and misconceptions. But by all means, if they're so eager to atone for the never happened sins of their forefathers, I'll get them the step ladder they're gonna need to start nailing themselves to those crosses. Pathetic self-flagellation in reverence to a political ideology become religion.

Ernest dont read good but he may foller dis' one to learn more. Smooth talkin' like dem' corporate bosses in white shirts down at the meat plant.

Ernest dont read good but he may foller dis' one to learn more. Smooth talkin' like dem' corporate bosses in white shirts down at the meat plant.
Shut it, Ernest. We don't need your kind here.

Excuse me ma'am using dem bad words like Shut it. What kind does ya'all need? Like dem Crazy Nat or dat Bruce feller?

Ernest T. Bass gonna mark dis' one. I gotta run down to the plant to pick up an extra shift, but i'm gonna keep an eye out for dis' one. Deys' doing Hormel Hogs today. Now where i put dat' yeller rain suit?

Some months ago, I read that Georgetown was going to give full scholarships to descendants of those slaves. I'm wondering if this fund, which doesn't seem to be all that big, is for books, living expenses, etc.

Does it really matter? What kind of honorable person would accept a dime due to the color of their skin?

Does it really matter? What kind of honorable person would accept a dime due to the color of their skin?
Considering the tuition at a college like Georgetown? Hell, yes, if they'd give me a break I'd take it.
Their ancestors got sold like a bunch of prize hogs because of their skin color. So why would an honorable descendant not accept a small financial token of apology?

Considering the tuition at a college like Georgetown? Hell, yes, if they'd give me a break I'd take it.
Their ancestors got sold like a bunch of prize hogs because of their skin color. So why would an honorable descendant not accept a small financial token of apology?

Because of the fact slavery never affected them. It's like saying I should have reparations because my grandfather died in war or perhaps falsely incarcerated.

And when are we going to make reparations to the American Indians for taking their land?

Forum List

Back