Zone1 Ex-MSNBC host, podcasters agree Black people shouldn't have to pay taxes: 'We have never had any reparations'

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

Former MSNBC host Tiffany Cross, political advocate Angela Rye and former Democrat politician Andrew Gillum entertained the idea that Black people should be exempt from taxes as reparations on the "Native Land Podcast" Monday.

The three discussed actor Terrence Howard reportedly claiming it is "immoral for the United States government to charge taxes to the descendants of slaves" while being ordered to pay $903,115 in back taxes, penalties and interest.

While they recognized the unrealistic possibility of such a policy, Cross claimed that "this brother was making a legitimate point."

She said, "We have never been paid. We have never had any reparations. We’ve never seen the benefits."

"I don't know how we would make this happen, but I would be completely down for some sort of policy that says, 'Yes, you are exempt from paying taxes,'" Cross said.

Cross also remarked that "when you consider the wealth that Black people created for this country," they are owed some compensation for making the U.S. a "superpower."

"If you're in this tax bracket, if you are a descendant of the enslaved, then we will decrease your tax bracket," Cross suggested.

I really can't see how this would advance ethnic-based relations.

It would seem to me that everyone should be taxed the same or not at all.

That's why I have always supported some version of a flat/fair use tax with no cut-outs.

Former MSNBC host Tiffany Cross, political advocate Angela Rye and former Democrat politician Andrew Gillum entertained the idea that Black people should be exempt from taxes as reparations on the "Native Land Podcast" Monday.

The three discussed actor Terrence Howard reportedly claiming it is "immoral for the United States government to charge taxes to the descendants of slaves" while being ordered to pay $903,115 in back taxes, penalties and interest.

While they recognized the unrealistic possibility of such a policy, Cross claimed that "this brother was making a legitimate point."

She said, "We have never been paid. We have never had any reparations. We’ve never seen the benefits."

"I don't know how we would make this happen, but I would be completely down for some sort of policy that says, 'Yes, you are exempt from paying taxes,'" Cross said.

Cross also remarked that "when you consider the wealth that Black people created for this country," they are owed some compensation for making the U.S. a "superpower."

"If you're in this tax bracket, if you are a descendant of the enslaved, then we will decrease your tax bracket," Cross suggested.

That's why I have always supported some version of a flat/fair use tax with no cut-outs.
The people crying for reparations were never slaves.

I come from a long line of Yankees who lived in New York State and Pennsylvania. As far as I know none owned slaves and some may have fought in the Civil War to free slaves. If blacks no longer have to pay income taxes why should I have to pay higher taxes to make up the difference?

It could also be argued that blacks are leaving Africa today and crossing the Mexican border to become illegal immigrants to the United States. That means that some blacks do not consider Africa to be all that great a place to live. Perhaps the blacks whose ancestors were slaves from Africa should be thankful they are now American citizens.

They can cry about this all they want, but it simply isn't going to happen. It would be unconstitutional right out of the gate and never stand serious chance in any court.

They can cry about this all they want, but it simply isn't going to happen. It would be unconstitutional right out of the gate and never stand serious chance in any court.
How much do you want to bet that some state is going to provide some form of reparations?

It is almost a certainty, especially as illegals are receiving hand outs and you have docile, anti-American, anti-Rule of Law politicians who will eventually come up for re-election and may see a path forward with such a policy.

Our species never learns. The goal of communism was to destroy America and ironically it was when America was at it's great strength globally, 1989 or so; when the greed and cerebrally challenged thought "now is the time to expand!". Nary a consideration of the long term consequences of helping future enemy states who have NEVER thought the way Americans do.

MSNBC thinks black people are stupid.

IMHO the only ones I think should have received any compensation was the widows of black civil war veterans.

I understand that they did not receive their due like the wives of white Yankee vets did.

Of course they are all long dead so it's sort of a moot point now.

Sort of ironic though, a black US CW vet was not recognized in the same way a white US CW vet was.

Like Ketanji Brown-Jackson who ruled with the rest of SCOTUS that Trump can't be thrown off the ballot?
There was no avoiding it for her. How could a SCOTUS judge vote in favor of a state being able to interfere in a federal election? That is why it got a unanimous vote, it’s a rock solid case of federal jurisdiction.

This is how you begin the discussion on reparations, you discuss some sort of income based break on paying taxes, this is not a hand-out, it is simply a financial break you get from centuries of repression and lost income.

The problem is finding some amount that would be accepted by those eligible, and then determining who is actiually eligible, and neither of those things can be done easily. But they can be done,

This is how you begin the discussion on reparations, you discuss some sort of income based break on paying taxes, this is not a hand-out, it is simply a financial break you get from centuries of repression and lost income.

The problem is finding some amount that would be accepted by those eligible, and then determining who is actiually eligible, and neither of those things can be done easily. But they can be done,
If blacks get to pay less in taxes, whites will have to pay more to make up the difference. So it’s the same thing: individual whites who never repressed anyone - I think you meant “oppressed,” but whatever - have to pay out for individual blacks who were never oppressed. If anything, blacks living today had advantages over whites, largely in the form of affirmative action.

Why, for example, should Fani Willis, Karine Jean-Pierre, Kamala Harris, and Kentaji Jackson get a break on their taxes? They already hit the jackpot due to their being black.

If blacks get to pay less in taxes, whites will have to pay more to make up the difference. So it’s the same thing: individual whites who never repressed anyone - I think you meant “oppressed,” but whatever - have to pay out for individual blacks who were never oppressed. If anything, blacks living today had advantages over whites, largely in the form of affirmative action.

Why, for example, should Fani Willis, Karine Jean-Pierre, Kamala Harris, and Kentaji Jackson get a break on their taxes? They already hit the jackpot due to their being black.
There are ways to make up for those shortfalls, only billions upon billions of dollars wasted every year, it could pay for itself thru much needed budget cuts elsewhere

There are ways to make up for those shortfalls, only billions upon billions of dollars wasted every year, it could pay for itself thru much needed budget cuts elsewhere
Let’s use the billions upon billions of wasted dollars to make up a dent in the deficit.

You honestly think Fani Willis or Lutecia James deserve reparations? They are where they are BECAUSE they are black. They’ve been “repaired” enough. Same with Kamala Harris. same with Karine Jean-Pierre.

And what about the plagarizing president of Harvard, who refuses to condemn calls to genocide Jews, and remains on faculty for $900,000 a year? She never would have gotten her job if she were white.

Nope. The country will never allow it. Perhaps it will pass in local jurisdictions, and then the whites can move somewhere else.

Black people are already eligible to get free food -

EC74ED63-3E03-43E9-BE7C-BFA8040E7C9F.jpeg

Free child care -

D71EA004-B9CC-4D25-A284-40FAD9FCF1EC.jpeg

And membership in lucrative team sports -

6B2BC44C-D345-4B22-AF37-AC42F1E6C509.jpeg

Tiffany Cross is the nastiest racist I have EVER SEEN on TV. She was quickly removed from MSNBC which tells you how over the top she was.

Forum List

Back