Brilliant Georgetown students decide to pay reparations

Some months ago, I read that Georgetown was going to give full scholarships to descendants of those slaves. I'm wondering if this fund, which doesn't seem to be all that big, is for books, living expenses, etc.

Does it really matter? What kind of honorable person would accept a dime due to the color of their skin?
Considering the tuition at a college like Georgetown? Hell, yes, if they'd give me a break I'd take it.
Their ancestors got sold like a bunch of prize hogs because of their skin color. So why would an honorable descendant not accept a small financial token of apology?

Because of the fact slavery never affected them. It's like saying I should have reparations because my grandfather died in war or perhaps falsely incarcerated.

And when are we going to make reparations to the American Indians for taking their land?
My state already has. You folks need to catch up.

Give people benefits based on their skin color.

Sure sounds like the racist democrat party.

No, it's a private college with a conscience.

Leftists know nothing about conscience.

Calling it conscience to pay people benefits based on skin color... laughable. That's racism.
It's not actually based on skin color, although I'm assuming those 272 slaves were black. Don't you?
The descendants of those slaves are probably black, too, but if they can prove the connection, their color won't matter either.
You lose.

Calling it conscience to pay people benefits based on skin color... laughable. That's racism.
It's not actually based on skin color, although I'm assuming those 272 slaves were black. Don't you?
The descendants of those slaves are probably black, too, but if they can prove the connection, their color won't matter either.
You lose.

Even more pathetic... pretend it's not a skin color tax all you want, I am not buying.

You are a racist and that's the end of this story. Now go brag about it somewhere else, I am trying to have an intelligent discussion.

Yeah, and how many of those students will ever pay that reparation fee themselves? How many of them are at Georgetown on Daddy and Mommy's dime? But, hey, if they're foolish enough to want to use their own money to pay "reparations" for something they did not do to people who have never experienced a day of slavery in their lives, that's on them.

With a conscience or out of guilt, or perhaps to promote guilt?

What a fine lesson this college teaches. Charge people who are not guilty of anything to give to those that were never affected by anything. Talk about the epitome of liberalism.

You lose.

Well if it's not based on black skin color, what color is it based on? How many black students will be paying for this increased tuition when they enter the college?

You lose.

Even more pathetic... pretend it's not a skin color tax all you want, I am not buying.

You are a racist and that's the end of this story. Now go brag about it somewhere else, I am trying to have an intelligent discussion.
Norman, people who say I'm racist for not having problems with Georgetown giving reparations are not intelligent.

Georgetown will join Evergreen and University of Missouri in complaining about the loss of enrollment.

What a fine lesson this college teaches. Charge people who are not guilty of anything to give to those that were never affected by anything. Talk about the epitome of liberalism.
It's ignorant to say the descendants of slaves haven't been "affected by anything" in this country. If a private university wants to do something about it for the small number of slaves they owned way back in the day, that is no skin off my nose and I don't see why it is so hard for you to accept.

for me , it'd be the Principle if i was paying the Tuition OldLady .

It's ignorant to say the descendants of slaves haven't been "affected by anything" in this country. If a private university wants to do something about it for the small number of slaves they owned way back in the day, that is no skin off my nose and I don't see why it is so hard for you to accept.

Would you like to name the small amount of slaves they owned?

I am quite certain those slaves died about 100 years ago, but please go on.

"Georgetown University could become the first college in the nation to mandate a fee to benefit descendants of slaves sold by the university nearly 200 years ago – a debate, as first reported by ABC News, that takes place against the backdrop of a broader political conversation unfolding on the 2020 presidential campaign trail about reparations.

By almost a 2-to-1 margin, students approved the measure, which still must be approved by the university to go into effect.

If the university does approve the plan, it would be one of the first major American institutions to provide financial restitution for its role in slavery.

The school’s undergraduates voted Thursday, April 11, on the referendum, which would increase tuition by $27.20 per semester to create a fund benefiting descendants of the 272 slaves sold to pay off the Georgetown Jesuits’ debt – a move that saved the university financially."

Georgetown Students Approve Reparations Measure - Los Angeles Sentinel

Who copied whose retarded idea?
You have a problem with students voting to do that?

That's got nothing to do with the price of eggs, Norman. I'm guessing Georgetown has researched who they were, though, since they are going to give their descendants some reparations for selling their ancestors like prize hogs.

Some months ago, I read that Georgetown was going to give full scholarships to descendants of those slaves. I'm wondering if this fund, which doesn't seem to be all that big, is for books, living expenses, etc.

Does it really matter? What kind of honorable person would accept a dime due to the color of their skin?
Considering the tuition at a college like Georgetown? Hell, yes, if they'd give me a break I'd take it.
Their ancestors got sold like a bunch of prize hogs because of their skin color. So why would an honorable descendant not accept a small financial token of apology?

Because of the fact slavery never affected them. It's like saying I should have reparations because my grandfather died in war or perhaps falsely incarcerated.

And when are we going to make reparations to the American Indians for taking their land?
------------------------------------- thats coming Ray !!

That's got nothing to do with the price of eggs, Norman. I'm guessing Georgetown has researched who they were, though, since they are going to give their descendants some reparations for selling their ancestors like prize hogs.

Will I get a reperation too, my relative were killed in the civil war fighting to end slavery.

Oh, of course not. Fuck those people, they weren't black (enough).

With this kind of logic everything is possible. That's why we don't use retard logic.

Last edited:

Will I get a reperation too, my relative were killed in the civil war fighting over to end slavery.

Oh, of course not. Fuck those people, they weren't black (enough).

With this kind of logic everything is possible. That's why we don't use retard logic.
Your relative wasn't kidnapped and taken to a foreign country, forced into slavery, his descendants sold like so many pedigreed puppies, his daughters raped by their owner. No semblance of family was allowed to survive, no education was allowed, no pride or self confidence was permitted. Then after official "freedom," they were treated like societal pariahs, segregated, bullied into quiet submission by the Klan. It was SICK.

And folks wonder how after generations of that, there are still a lot of black folks who are kinda fucked up. Do I think we need to pay reparations as a country? No, not $$ reparations. The legislation and the Affirmative Action policies and keeping an eagle eye on civil rights--that's the way we pay reparations and I think we are already doing it. We can always do better (like the justice system) but we're already doing it, I think.

Forum List

Back