Biden demands gas stations lower their prices. “Do it now!”

Ever see those "I did it" stickers depicting old Brandon pointing at the gas price? I bought a dozen on the internet and so far I put one on a local gas pump. Checked it about four hours later coming back from town and it was still there.

Being as poor as I am, all I could afford to do was buy a permanent marker for $1.00 and the Dollar Store, and write "Fuck Joe Biden" on the gas pumps. :04:

President Joe Biden demanded Wednesday that gas stations start lowering their prices, in his latest attempt to address record-high prices this summer.

“To the companies running gas stations and setting those prices at the pump, this is a time of war, global peril, Ukraine,” he said.

Joe Biden Demands Gas Stations Lower Prices: 'Do It Now'

It's pretty clear that nobody at the top knows how anything works and that should scare the shit out of you.
I'd say it a pretty safe bet to say that Big Joe is for $ale to the highest bidder.

President Joe Biden demanded Wednesday that gas stations start lowering their prices, in his latest attempt to address record-high prices this summer.

“To the companies running gas stations and setting those prices at the pump, this is a time of war, global peril, Ukraine,” he said.

It's pretty clear that nobody at the top knows how anything works and that should scare the shit out of you.
He is talking about oil prices dropping this last week and prices at the pump not dropping.

The gas stations are not reacting to market reality.

But I think you knew that and are just playing stupid.

He is talking about oil prices dropping this last week and prices at the pump not dropping.

“There are more Americans who think Sasquatch is real than the number of Americans who believe Putin is responsible for our record high gas prices.”

I hope this is correct.

Gas stations? Obviously he knows nothing of how a gas station operates.

Gas stations make pennies on a gallon of gas.

They make their real money on drinks, snacks, car phone chargers, candy, and so on. Everything except the gas. That's why they constantly have gas price wars with other local stations because the gas is just there to bring people in. They bring them in with gas and while they are there they get a pack of smokes and a coke or late at night when most stores are closed people can hit them up for a case of beer.

Did you go to the CRT school of business or something? That lower priced crude hasn’t even made it through the refinery yet, let alone arrived at the station.

Did you go to the CRT school of business or something? That lower priced crude hasn’t even made it through the refinery yet, let alone arrived at the station.

Might wanna check on how long it takes oil to become gas. It only takes 12 to 24 hours to refine.

Turning crude oil into refined gasoline

It all starts at the drilling well, where oil is extracted out of the ground. It's often transported into a pipeline in the same week and sent to nearby refineries. Once in the refinery it's progress is tracked by the hour. Generally, every 30,000-barrel batch takes around 12 to 24 hours to undergo through analytical testing and pass quality control. A key stage is ultra-heating the crude to boiling point, with a distillation column used to separate the liquids and gases.

After the refined oil has ticked all the boxes it's released for shipment. Distributors then hold the fuel before loading it onto trucks, with timeframes varying from one day to three weeks. Once loaded onto the truck the fuel is usually delivered to its final destination in 12 hours or less. In some cases, pipelines may be subbed for rail cars, tanker vessels or trucks. Depending on the scenario, this could shorten or lengthen the total travel time.

It only takes 12 to 24 hours to refine, but the fuel companies hold onto the gas after it's refined for one day to three weeks.

Dunno about everywhere else, but here in the Columbia area of SC, prices have already started to drop. Last week, I was seeing gas prices upwards of 4.59/gal.

Today? I bought gas at only 4.22/gal. I'd say that is a pretty decent price drop, and I hope it continues to go lower. To tell the truth, if it gets to around 3.10/gal, I'll be happy.
hopefully it will but i'm afraid fuel prices are going to go higher ..

Mr. biden apparently doesn't realize that some states have minimum markup laws. You can't sell below a certain markup on a gallon of gas. This is part of the reason Wal-Mart has very few gas stations in Wisconsin. This is to help mom and pop stations from being driven out of business by the big gas station chains.

Might wanna check on how long it takes oil to become gas. It only takes 12 to 24 hours to refine.

Turning crude oil into refined gasoline

It all starts at the drilling well, where oil is extracted out of the ground. It's often transported into a pipeline in the same week and sent to nearby refineries. Once in the refinery it's progress is tracked by the hour. Generally, every 30,000-barrel batch takes around 12 to 24 hours to undergo through analytical testing and pass quality control. A key stage is ultra-heating the crude to boiling point, with a distillation column used to separate the liquids and gases.

After the refined oil has ticked all the boxes it's released for shipment. Distributors then hold the fuel before loading it onto trucks, with timeframes varying from one day to three weeks. Once loaded onto the truck the fuel is usually delivered to its final destination in 12 hours or less. In some cases, pipelines may be subbed for rail cars, tanker vessels or trucks. Depending on the scenario, this could shorten or lengthen the total travel time.

It only takes 12 to 24 hours to refine, but the fuel companies hold onto the gas after it's refined for one day to three weeks.
By your own quoted part of the article it’s up to a month.

By your own quoted part of the article it’s up to a month.

It only takes 12 to 24 hours to refine. It's the refinery holding the gasoline in storage that makes it up to a month to be shipped. Might wanna read it again.

From the article once more, hopefully you can comprehend it this time.................

It only takes 12 to 24 hours to refine. It's the refinery holding the gasoline in storage that makes it up to a month to be shipped. Might wanna read it again.

From the article once more, hopefully you can comprehend it this time.................

And it’s there for a month because…?

They are still shipping the previous refinery runs. It’s FIFO accounting.

To Biden and anyone who supports him on his call to gas stations to lower the price, this is indicative how out of touch Democrats are with economics. In the best of times when gas is less than $3.00, gas station owners are still making very little margin on a gallon of gas.

Does Biden realize that if gas station owners do as he suggests, many if not most will operate their gas pumping service at a loss. This is the most capital intensive part of the investment and Biden and the arrogant Democrats are asking them to assume more risk.

Great reply to his tweet...

59841575-10979963-image-a-5_1656930302977.jpg

The less gasoline we buy the less we have to bitch about. Don't shop UNLESS life will become a mess. Gasoline prices increase the cost of everything.
So in other words, lower you expectations and accept the government-managed decline in our standard of living? F off with that shit.

Well, here in the Columbia SC area, prices on gas are continuing to drop. Yesterday, I got gas at the Murphy's gas station outside of the Wal Mart in Ballantine at only 3.91/gal. Yes, you heard that right, less than 4 bucks for a gallon of gas.

Forum List

Back