As America retreats and divides, China & Germany look to fill the void

Well it seem Mac believe China rise only happened with Covid-19 and Trump being in office and let just forget the decade before that allowed China to build operations in Africa, or the fact they ( China ) were an issue even for Obama in the South China Sea...

I do disagree with Trump when it came to our exit of the WHO but let not forget the fact the WHO failed to hold China accountable for it lies about the spread of the virus...

So again Mac how do you deal with China without war?
Well tramp talked to XI on Feb 7 and he knew about covid but forgot to tell the public. He should of banned flights to Europe (as well as the UK and Ireland ) when he banned flights from China.
how come you dont have a nickname for Xi or Putin?.....

Sad to see America retreating from the world stage, alienating and angering its allies, isolating itself from progress, looking closer to dividing in two than growing in strength, abdicating its role as Leader of the Free World and creating a global leadership vacuum the world hasn't seen in 100 years. China, meanwhile, continues to take advantage of our exit, and is aggressively working towards the future, below.

Can Europe, with Germany leading the way, slow down the global advancement of China? Here's hoping. China's intentions for us are clearly not in America's best interests. And we'll see what America decides it wants to be in November.

You really think China gives a rats ass about being carbon neutral?
If, unlike us, it is looking to the future and sees that being a world leader in renewable energy provides it with economic, business, geopolitical and/or other advantages, yes, absolutely. Obviously.

Wow, talk about delusional. The thing about being an oligarchy is you get to talk about anything you want, and you don't have a population or a press to hold you to it.

Since other countries can't do much either to hold them to it, why do you think they are in this case telling the truth?

Sad to see America retreating from the world stage, alienating and angering its allies, isolating itself from progress, looking closer to dividing in two than growing in strength, abdicating its role as Leader of the Free World and creating a global leadership vacuum the world hasn't seen in 100 years. China, meanwhile, continues to take advantage of our exit, and is aggressively working towards the future, below.

Can Europe, with Germany leading the way, slow down the global advancement of China? Here's hoping. China's intentions for us are clearly not in America's best interests. And we'll see what America decides it wants to be in November.

If, unlike us, it is looking to the future and sees that being a world leader in renewable energy provides it with economic, business, geopolitical and/or other advantages, yes, absolutely. Obviously.

Wow, talk about delusional. The thing about being an oligarchy is you get to talk about anything you want, and you don't have a population or a press to hold you to it.

Since other countries can't do much either to hold them to it, why do you think they are in this case telling the truth?
I'm just delusional!

I'm just delusional!

If you think China actually is doing what it said in that article, and not just playing to useful idiots in the AGW community, then you are.

Awesome. Maybe they will start paying our and many others NATO dues like we have been for years ;)

So Mac let discuss how the World should handle China?
You really have to ask? With communication, collaboration and innovation, and the strength that comes from that.

That would NORMALLY be the way we would handle it, but we no longer possess those qualities or habits. We refuse to collaborate and innovate with EACH OTHER, let alone with OTHER COUNTRIES. Trumpism has made sure of that by barricading itself within its own alternate informational universe and telling everyone else to fuck off.

So, given how far we have fallen, to answer your question, I don't know. World leadership is now up for grabs.

Wow!

So China rise is because of Trump?

China was an issue before Trump and for anyone to forget the fact China and the U.S. were at each other throats over the South China Sea and our Military involvement with Japan and South Korea during Obama years, well Mac you should look at past articles and realize China has never played nice before Trump and talking to them has gotten us what?
Ah, a straw man. Yes, China has been preparing for this moment for decades, and here it is. Congrats.

Straw man?

No, fact is you wrote your opinion with pulling articles while leaving out the fact that the U.S. for over a decade has been dealing with a China expansion into regions like Africa, South America, Central America, Mexico, Asia and the Middle East.

You act like we haven’t attempted to negotiate with China before and yet we have and it has failed, so Mac what is your solution?

Negotiations and just hope China honor their side of the deal?

The failure to negotiate and sign a the Trans Pacific Partnership is what really emboldened China.

That was the failure.
Giving them most favored nation status and the keys to sweat shop capitalism while ruled by communism is what happened. We did it.

So some Trumpsters are very cranky about this thread, some agree with it.

But all of them support Trump's decisions to put us where we are.

By "Trumsters" you mean people that support the President politically, of course.

Funny you have to use baby talk to describe your enemies.

By "Trumsters" you mean people that support the President politically, of course.

I don't have any enemies. At least as far as I'm concerned. Nor do I hate those who dare to think differently than me.

Yes, I have developed an impulse to dumb things down when discussing partisan politics. Especially in that area. Guilty.

And we'll see what America decides it wants to be in November.
Vote for trump

he was sounding the alarm about china when the rest of America’s elite were blinded by the wealth china was spreading around

If China did not have the massive trade surplus from US, over the last several decades and currently and into the foreseeable future, they would not be in the position to threaten US, or the world.

The first step seems obvious.

Yeah, people like you blob shouldn't have their stuff made in China. People like you should stop worshiping people who have their stuff made in China.

1. I want Trade policy that strongly discourages people from having their stuff made in China.

2. I worship no one. Your inability to respect that other people support other political leaders, politically, and that is ok, is you being an asshole.

3. My post seems to indicate that you agree with my point, but can't admit it. Would you like to clarify? Or is that asking to much of a liberal?

I don't have any enemies. At least as far as I'm concerned. Nor do I hate those who dare to think differently than me.

Yes, I have developed an impulse to dumb things down when discussing partisan politics. Especially in that area. Guilty.

What you have is a need to ridicule people that disagree with you, while complaining about a lack of communication between opposing sides.

Mmmm....

What you have is a need to ridicule people that disagree with you, while complaining about a lack of communication between opposing sides.

Mmmm....
But of course, you're only touching on a part of it. As you folks tend to do.

What I actually say, and I've said it many times, is that there are people who will most likely never a part of the constructive conversation that will lead to long-lasting progress. These people simply lack the capacity for the requisite communication, collaboration and innovation. And I no longer waste the effort with them, particularly on internet message boards.

You must have "forgotten" that.

Mmmmm.....

Mmmm....

What I actually say, and I've said it many times, is that there are people who will most likely never a part of the constructive conversation that will lead to long-lasting progress. These people simply lack the capacity for the requisite communication, collaboration and innovation. And I no longer waste the effort with them.

Mmmmm.....

No, I remember your excuse for your actions. But I continue to point out the gap between your words and your actions, in the irrational hope that you are capable of self awareness and learning.

When I know that is not the way that debates work.

Mmmm....

What I actually say, and I've said it many times, is that there are people who will most likely never a part of the constructive conversation that will lead to long-lasting progress. These people simply lack the capacity for the requisite communication, collaboration and innovation. And I no longer waste the effort with them.

Mmmmm.....

No, I remember your excuse for your actions. But I continue to point out the gap between your words and your actions, in the irrational hope that you are capable of self awareness and learning.

I don't come here to debate. Waste of time here. I come here to observe and toss out my opinion now and then.

You spend far too much time and energy thinking about me. Several people here do. Not my problem.

Mmmm....

Mmmmm.....

I don't come here to debate. Waste of time here. I come here to observe and toss out my opinion now and then.

You spend far too much time and energy thinking about me. Several people here do. Not my problem.

I come here to discuss ideas and see mine tested by fierce debate. . You are not the only person I talk to or about. You are one of the sadder cases, because you used to try to actually debate and I am the one that broke you.

When you make statements that I feel need addressed, in a public forum, I will address them.

That is not me, "spending far too much time....thinking about you".

Mmmm....

Mmmmm.....

I come here to discuss ideas and see mine tested by fierce debate. . You are not the only person I talk to or about. You are one of the sadder cases, because you used to try to actually debate and I am the one that broke you.

When you make statements that I feel need addressed, in a public forum, I will address them.

That is not me, "spending far too much time....thinking about you".
Sure, got it.

I love that "broke you" thing. I'm sure you have a riveting backstory to that.

How proud you are to think that. And another great example of my point.

If China did not have the massive trade surplus from US, over the last several decades and currently and into the foreseeable future, they would not be in the position to threaten US, or the world.

The first step seems obvious.

Yeah, people like you blob shouldn't have their stuff made in China. People like you should stop worshiping people who have their stuff made in China.

1. I want Trade policy that strongly discourages people from having their stuff made in China.
But you'll vote for and continue to worship the guy who chose to make a few pennies more over giving Americans a job. Right? Of course you will.

2. I worship no one. Your inability to respect that other people support other political leaders, politically, and that is ok, is you being an asshole.
Thanks for the chuckle....a blob supporter complaining about respecting other's opinions. That's rich.

3. My post seems to indicate that you agree with my point, but can't admit it. Would you like to clarify? Or is that asking to much of a liberal?

China is powerful for a number of reasons, capital is one to be sure. People like your blob (whom you worship and defend with every breath) decided to invest in Shanghai instead of Chicago. And the result is clear. And you continue to support and worship the person who sold the US out.

The first step seems obvious...stop supporting American businessmen who sell out the country. Will you take that first step fuck face? Of course you wont.

Forum List

Back