Nursing Homes and Retirement Centers going Bankrupt.

JohnDB

Platinum Member
Jun 16, 2021
Have long term care insurance which also provides in home care. My perception of most senior facilities is they are in the business of killing their patients when they become hard to care for.

Apparently these places are suffering the effects of inflation after getting hit hard with Covid-19 pandemic fallout. 80% of residents sick and skilled nurses and staff failing to return to work. Then unable to hire staff at the same wages as budgets will allow from seniors unable to pay more and Medicare not keeping pace with inflation. Its a total mess being old and alone.
That is a well known fact - and it's all thanks to those mainstream parties in ALL, foremost Western countries. So anything "new" on your behalf??

Nope. Just increase wages to attract workers.

But workers are all lazy scum and the govt. should be forcing them to work for free; businessmen are entitled to free labor, cuz they're, you know, businessmen n stuff. I find it odd people put their parents and older relatives in rest homes in the first place. They didn't put you in some home when you were babies and just as inconvenient, after all. Everything they have at a rest home they can put in your home these days, even nursing services and virtual doctors' visits.

Last edited:
Apparently these places are suffering the effects of inflation after getting hit hard with Covid-19 pandemic fallout. 80% of residents sick and skilled nurses and staff failing to return to work. Then unable to hire staff at the same wages as budgets will allow from seniors unable to pay more and Medicare not keeping pace with inflation. Its a total mess being old and alone.

Could you please rephrase that word salad in non-drunk mode?

We kept our mothers at home with us; they wanted to die in their own beds, not some hospital, and we made sure they got their wishes.. Both passed away in their mid 90's.
Kudos to you for your loving devotion to your mothers.

You are good people.

Probably a shortage of patient victims after killing them all off with Ventilators and poisons

Elder abuse is usually done by family members and not senior citizen retirement centers....

There are some horrific cases...as bad as any child abuse case. It gets less news coverage but it's just as prevalent.

Especially when Parents or Aunts and Uncles have limited fixed income....can't afford skilled care or are too embarrassed to tell anyone that they aren't getting cared for properly by their child/niece/nephew/grandchild.

Some people simply don't have the ability or temperament to care for others.

I had my dad down for a few weeks to cheer him up a bit. (Mom & my brother passed away within 6 months of each other this past year) So we had him come stay for a while. He really appreciated it. It drove my wife nuts the whole time he was here. I was fine but she was on edge. Yeah, at times he was in the way right on top of whatever I was doing....but he didn't mean any harm. I didn't care about it. My wife? Uhhhh....drove her batty. She wasn't so happy about him here. He's 85....able to live alone for now. He just hasn't lived alone except for a 3 month stint after he left the Air Force. She feels horrible about it...she wants to be able to care for him but just can't.

But these retirement centers are built on bonds. (Commercial paper)
Managed and run by other corporations. There is no individual owner.

But...what is horrific is that there is nowhere for these people to go. Many are shutting down creating a hole of sufficient services.

But workers are all lazy scum and the govt. should be forcing them to work for free; businessmen are entitled to free labor, cuz they're, you know, businessmen n stuff. I find it odd people put their parents and older relatives in rest homes in the first place. They didn't put you in some home when you were babies and just as inconvenient, after all. Everything they have at a rest home they can put in your home these days, even nursing services and virtual doctors' visits.
in the case of state homes people are there because the families can't afford it. The workers are paid as low as $11 -16 an hour here I've seen it advertised. You get what you pay for. I read an article that int he future jobs that are going to pay more money will be in elderly care. So in the future they are going to pay moe for this service.

Elder abuse is usually done by family members and not senior citizen retirement centers....

There are some horrific cases...as bad as any child abuse case. It gets less news coverage but it's just as prevalent.

Especially when Parents or Aunts and Uncles have limited fixed income....can't afford skilled care or are too embarrassed to tell anyone that they aren't getting cared for properly by their child/niece/nephew/grandchild.

Some people simply don't have the ability or temperament to care for others.

I had my dad down for a few weeks to cheer him up a bit. (Mom & my brother passed away within 6 months of each other this past year) So we had him come stay for a while. He really appreciated it. It drove my wife nuts the whole time he was here. I was fine but she was on edge. Yeah, at times he was in the way right on top of whatever I was doing....but he didn't mean any harm. I didn't care about it. My wife? Uhhhh....drove her batty. She wasn't so happy about him here. He's 85....able to live alone for now. He just hasn't lived alone except for a 3 month stint after he left the Air Force. She feels horrible about it...she wants to be able to care for him but just can't.

But these retirement centers are built on bonds. (Commercial paper)
Managed and run by other corporations. There is no individual owner.

But...what is horrific is that there is nowhere for these people to go. Many are shutting down creating a hole of sufficient services.
Elder abuse is almost always done by family members or close friends of family. I used to work for Adult Protective Services ad you are tellings facts.

Nope. Just increase wages to attract workers.
This is the number one issue. They need to increase the wages for services to care for the elderly. In the future, this is going to be a field where humans will work with robots and there will be a huge increase in wages for the work humans do in the field of elderly care. Alot of the low level care will bedone by robotic a.i.

Forum List

Back