Are Transgender People, Especially Kids, Really "Bullied?"

Not everyone is wired the same

Sexuality is not the same as biological sex
Pretending otherwise does not change things
Kids who bully need to be warned and not destroyed. There is no problem with that. When it comes to things you typed, there is a lot of other things that goes with that. Sexuality can be affected from personality, shyness, repressions caused y parental upbringings, and local environmental living. It can be a deflection to what we call normal. It is the push to go to alternative that may not be real. We have people who suffer.

Excellent advise. But you are also able to give other advice, as well.

Question you're dodging is whether you would advise children to avoid bullying or to bring it on themselves.

It's a little amazing that you cannot immediately answer such an obvious question.
You make a hilarious case for victim blaming, just not a very compelling one. 😄

Of course they are. Absolutely. No question, whatsoever.

This I know, because I know that literally everyone has been, is, and will be bullied sometimes. Being bullied is in no way unique to transfolk, nor is there the slightest evidence that they experience it any more than non trans people.

Unless you are a hermit, life is a continuous process of having other people try to impose their will on you in large ways and small, in ways subtle to outrageous and everything in between. Motivation for this bullying can include disliking an individual, disliking a type of individual, dislike for self that is acted out as dislike for everyone, desire to get one's own way, and even simple boredom. As adults, we have to deal with bullying, just as we did as children.

Because childhood bullying is much less subtle than adult bullying, most kids quickly learn to deal with it, which makes them more successful adults, provided they learn to recognize the more subtle bullying that takes place among adults and deal with it as well. Some people are slow learners and they have worse outcomes than people with more snap. Another part of life that cannot be changed.

If there were no transgenders in the world, the bullies would still gonna bully, and the non-transgenders (which would be everyone) would still gonna be bullied. Since there are transgenders in the world, a better use of the time and energy of progressives would be to help transgender youth and adults learn to avoid/deal with bullying, instead of trying to somehow legislate or medicate it away.

Hint: dressing like a crazy person is not a good bullying avoidance strategy.

If we could wave a magic wand and no transgender person would ever be bullied, would that reduce the suicide rate? Nope. That would do nothing to reduce the co-morbidities like depression and autism that are associated with both transgenderism and high suicide rates. Transfolk commit suicide at higher rates because they have a mental disorder associated with high suicide rate. All the hormones and scalpels in the world do not change that.

Like anyone else with a mental disorder, people with gender dysphoria have a burden to bear. Trying to force it on other people will not make their load any easier. We non-trans have our own burden's to bear, and it would be impossible for us to take on yours, even if we wanted to. In fact, trying to force your burden on others is a form of what?

Bullying.

Yep.
It appears to me that too much politickin' on issues invites blowback. Folks need to quit "showboating" issues just to draw attention to themselves. We got enough narcissistic based looney status/attention hounds in American g'ment to be worrying about backwater trivial issues like gender based politick'n. Keep ones private life PRIVATE & 99.9% of these nonimportant issues like gender based politick'n will simply cease to exist.

Nice try to excuse bullying

Most kids “fit in” and avoid excessive bullying
Those who don’t are bullied nonstop
i'm starting to think they never went to school.

even kids who were sexually clueless and grew up straight were called the usual string of "sissy" names as the beatdown began ......

Nice try to excuse bullying

Most kids “fit in” and avoid excessive bullying
Those who don’t are bullied nonstop
I grew up in Joliet, so bullying was part of my life in my youth and what I did is learn to kick the snot out of the bullies.

The funny part is now I look like Steve Austin and most that bullied me are super nice when we do reunions.

Can’t figure out why…

So would you advise a kid to fit in or to not fit in?

does "fitting in" mean supporting the bully? i never went that far, that i remember anyway.

i, like most kids, wanted not to "stand out." there must be a very compelling reason for so many (and i don't believe there are many of these) to invite this.

note to self: maybe masochism as motive? anything for attention and a chance to be an "influencer?"

does "fitting in" mean supporting the bully? i never went that far, that i remember anyway.

i, like most kids, wanted not to "stand out." there must be a very compelling reason for so many (and i don't believe there are many of these) to invite this.

note to self: maybe masochism as motive? anything for attention and a chance to be an "influencer?"
That's like saying that woman wearing a short skirt was "asking for it" when she got raped

Of course they are. Absolutely. No question, whatsoever.

This I know, because I know that literally everyone has been, is, and will be bullied sometimes. Being bullied is in no way unique to transfolk, nor is there the slightest evidence that they experience it any more than non trans people.

Unless you are a hermit, life is a continuous process of having other people try to impose their will on you in large ways and small, in ways subtle to outrageous and everything in between. Motivation for this bullying can include disliking an individual, disliking a type of individual, dislike for self that is acted out as dislike for everyone, desire to get one's own way, and even simple boredom. As adults, we have to deal with bullying, just as we did as children.

Because childhood bullying is much less subtle than adult bullying, most kids quickly learn to deal with it, which makes them more successful adults, provided they learn to recognize the more subtle bullying that takes place among adults and deal with it as well. Some people are slow learners and they have worse outcomes than people with more snap. Another part of life that cannot be changed.

If there were no transgenders in the world, the bullies would still gonna bully, and the non-transgenders (which would be everyone) would still gonna be bullied. Since there are transgenders in the world, a better use of the time and energy of progressives would be to help transgender youth and adults learn to avoid/deal with bullying, instead of trying to somehow legislate or medicate it away.

Hint: dressing like a crazy person is not a good bullying avoidance strategy.

If we could wave a magic wand and no transgender person would ever be bullied, would that reduce the suicide rate? Nope. That would do nothing to reduce the co-morbidities like depression and autism that are associated with both transgenderism and high suicide rates. Transfolk commit suicide at higher rates because they have a mental disorder associated with high suicide rate. All the hormones and scalpels in the world do not change that.

Like anyone else with a mental disorder, people with gender dysphoria have a burden to bear. Trying to force it on other people will not make their load any easier. We non-trans have our own burden's to bear, and it would be impossible for us to take on yours, even if we wanted to. In fact, trying to force your burden on others is a form of what?

Bullying.

Yep.
Hey you pencil neck geek, go fuck yerself with a tree branch and take pictures.

I agree with Seymour

Bullying is a part of growing up and we cant shelter everyone from it

Of course the authorities can try to prevent physical assault

But children have to how to handle adverse situations as a part of growing up
A switchblade helps.

That's like saying that woman wearing a short skirt was "asking for it" when she got raped

that very metaphor crossed my mind as i posted.

and as in that case, the victim certainly has a right to wear miniskirt and the kid to be whatever. the perp is just as guilty either way. but i do hope the victim thinks a little about consequences going fwd.

that very metaphor crossed my mind as i posted.

and as in that case, the victim certainly has a right to wear miniskirt and the kid to be whatever. the perp is just as guilty either way. but i do hope the victim thinks a little about consequences going fwd.
Just carry a .38 or 9mm that will allow one to have the freedom to live AS THEY WANT.

Do I harm a male person who appears to be making a half-hearted attempt to dress like a woman by saying, "Yes sir," in answer to a question?

What difference does it make to you?
If you know it hurts another person, why continue to do t?

If it bothers you, why not just leave the “sir” out of it

The best way to stop a bully is either a punch in the nose or a swift kick to the groin.

That works in the movies.

In reality, with a child much smaller than their bully, it results in a severe ass kicking

Forum List

Back