Are Transgender People, Especially Kids, Really "Bullied?"

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas
Of course they are. Absolutely. No question, whatsoever.

This I know, because I know that literally everyone has been, is, and will be bullied sometimes. Being bullied is in no way unique to transfolk, nor is there the slightest evidence that they experience it any more than non trans people.

Unless you are a hermit, life is a continuous process of having other people try to impose their will on you in large ways and small, in ways subtle to outrageous and everything in between. Motivation for this bullying can include disliking an individual, disliking a type of individual, dislike for self that is acted out as dislike for everyone, desire to get one's own way, and even simple boredom. As adults, we have to deal with bullying, just as we did as children.

Because childhood bullying is much less subtle than adult bullying, most kids quickly learn to deal with it, which makes them more successful adults, provided they learn to recognize the more subtle bullying that takes place among adults and deal with it as well. Some people are slow learners and they have worse outcomes than people with more snap. Another part of life that cannot be changed.

If there were no transgenders in the world, the bullies would still gonna bully, and the non-transgenders (which would be everyone) would still gonna be bullied. Since there are transgenders in the world, a better use of the time and energy of progressives would be to help transgender youth and adults learn to avoid/deal with bullying, instead of trying to somehow legislate or medicate it away.

Hint: dressing like a crazy person is not a good bullying avoidance strategy.

If we could wave a magic wand and no transgender person would ever be bullied, would that reduce the suicide rate? Nope. That would do nothing to reduce the co-morbidities like depression and autism that are associated with both transgenderism and high suicide rates. Transfolk commit suicide at higher rates because they have a mental disorder associated with high suicide rate. All the hormones and scalpels in the world do not change that.

Like anyone else with a mental disorder, people with gender dysphoria have a burden to bear. Trying to force it on other people will not make their load any easier. We non-trans have our own burden's to bear, and it would be impossible for us to take on yours, even if we wanted to. In fact, trying to force your burden on others is a form of what?

Bullying.

Yep.

Waaaaaaay back there in college, Sociology class, I was taught that the conduct that is commonly criticized as "bullying" today was a useful thing. It was how young people were induced to "get with the program" and be "normal."

Now, "we" are encouraged to showcase or be proud of our abnormalities, and revel in the status of "victim."

This is progress. Or so we are told.

Of course they are. Absolutely. No question, whatsoever.

This I know, because I know that literally everyone has been, is, and will be bullied sometimes. Being bullied is in no way unique to transfolk, nor is there the slightest evidence that they experience it any more than non trans people.

Unless you are a hermit, life is a continuous process of having other people try to impose their will on you in large ways and small, in ways subtle to outrageous and everything in between. Motivation for this bullying can include disliking an individual, disliking a type of individual, dislike for self that is acted out as dislike for everyone, desire to get one's own way, and even simple boredom. As adults, we have to deal with bullying, just as we did as children.

Because childhood bullying is much less subtle than adult bullying, most kids quickly learn to deal with it, which makes them more successful adults, provided they learn to recognize the more subtle bullying that takes place among adults and deal with it as well. Some people are slow learners and they have worse outcomes than people with more snap. Another part of life that cannot be changed.

If there were no transgenders in the world, the bullies would still gonna bully, and the non-transgenders (which would be everyone) would still gonna be bullied. Since there are transgenders in the world, a better use of the time and energy of progressives would be to help transgender youth and adults learn to avoid/deal with bullying, instead of trying to somehow legislate or medicate it away.

Hint: dressing like a crazy person is not a good bullying avoidance strategy.

If we could wave a magic wand and no transgender person would ever be bullied, would that reduce the suicide rate? Nope. That would do nothing to reduce the co-morbidities like depression and autism that are associated with both transgenderism and high suicide rates. Transfolk commit suicide at higher rates because they have a mental disorder associated with high suicide rate. All the hormones and scalpels in the world do not change that.

Like anyone else with a mental disorder, people with gender dysphoria have a burden to bear. Trying to force it on other people will not make their load any easier. We non-trans have our own burden's to bear, and it would be impossible for us to take on yours, even if we wanted to. In fact, trying to force your burden on others is a form of what?

Bullying.

Yep.
Tell us you bully trans children without telling us you bully trans children......

So would you advise a kid to fit in or to not fit in?

Fitting in creates its own problems
Forcing you into norms and behaviors that you don’t believe in.
Trying to be someone you are not and pretending your whole life is not a solution

Admitting….I am who I am, deal with it
If you don’t like it….it is your problem

Nice try to excuse bullying

Most kids “fit in” and avoid excessive bullying
Those who don’t are bullied nonstop
We spent a lot of money trying to stop things from the past. And it still exists. I know taxes are a reality. I tell you now that if a couple or a little more has 50 thousand dollars a year in income, that they could, have another 5 thousand dollars less in total taxes easily without corrupted government politicians and agendas. That is living a better life. Many of those people damaged their bodies physically and psychologically with others collecting the same resources who are as fresh as spring chickens. And that is what is evil. Why we are dying as a nation.

Waaaaaaay back there in college, Sociology class, I was taught that the conduct that is commonly criticized as "bullying" today was a useful thing. It was how young people were induced to "get with the program" and be "normal."
The more primitive people relied on bullying to keep tribal members in line. Outliers were a danger to themselves and their tribe mates. A member of a hunting party who preferred to sing and dance instead of stealthily searching for prey with the other put all at risk for starvation. A gatherer who picked vegetable that she was curious about regardless of being told by her elders that they were poison risked the tribe's lives.

In more modern times, the oddballs among us have the opportunity to live as they please without endangering others. but the primitive instinct to bully is still with them, and with the people they interact with. It is still useful

I suppose a pedophile considers him or herself very much bullied by age-of-consent laws, but they exist so people can be forced to be normal, just as you said.
Now, "we" are encouraged to showcase or be proud of our abnormalities, and revel in the status of "victim."

This is progress. Or so we are told.
Whether they get the irony or not, those who have claimed the status of "victim" due to their abnormalities are just bullies themselves, looking for ways to impose their will on people.

Sorry, not playing by their rules. I don't have to pretend to affirm their gender because they "feel bullied" if I don't. I don't have to pretend that it is a good idea to mutilate children because some adults claim not mutilating them is "bullying" them.

Trying to be someone you are not and pretending your whole life is not a solution

So, you would advise children to bring bullying on themselves, rather than avoiding it.

Libs bully people all of the time, you know , RW. If you are Christian, you can't pray in government school. If you are Normative, you can't wear straight pride jackets and neckties to proudly proclaim it. And they will bully you right off the campus if you do.

The more primitive people relied on bullying to keep tribal members in line. Outliers were a danger to themselves and their tribe mates. A member of a hunting party who preferred to sing and dance instead of stealthily searching for prey with the other put all at risk for starvation. A gatherer who picked vegetable that she was curious about regardless of being told by her elders that they were poison risked the tribe's lives

The question comes down to .…….who are you harming?
No harm, no foul

I advise people to support those who are being bullied over those doing the bullying
Excellent advise. But you are also able to give other advice, as well.

Question you're dodging is whether you would advise children to avoid bullying or to bring it on themselves.

It's a little amazing that you cannot immediately answer such an obvious question.

Nice try to excuse bullying

Most kids “fit in” and avoid excessive bullying
Those who don’t are bullied nonstop
I agree with Seymour

Bullying is a part of growing up and we cant shelter everyone from it

Of course the authorities can try to prevent physical assault

But children have to how to handle adverse situations as a part of growing up

Forum List

Back