Are the dead aware that they are dead?

RodISHI

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2008
If a person is asleep are they aware that they are asleep?

If one lives in the dust (confusion) of the earth (to the mortal flesh) how could they know the difference of being dead, asleep or if they are actually awake?

Adam (a red earth human- aka Edomite) walks in the garden of Eden (own pleasures) until the Lord awakened them and presented to the human a woman made from the human's own ryib (a case at law, strife, or contention). I did not get that for a long time until Christmas some years back I was allowed to recall it from a dream state. I had asked "what's this rib stuff". It did not sound correct to me. The stories surrounding the Bible are charming but not always accurate when interpreted by the human's who live in their own sins and pleasures.

We can believe every word but can we trust another persons interpretation of that word? I do not believe we can unless that person has been endowed to understand via the Holy Spirit that lives in them.

This does not mean I do not love Christmas. After I also have an earthly human side. The paganistic Christmas is absolutely beautiful with all of its lights and frills. It galls me to see the spiritually dead attack others who are not fully awakened as they themselves need to work on themselves prior to going after someone else. Then again for everything there is a purpose, a time and a season. If they are not violent and forceful about it all they can bitch all they want I suppose. It does not mean anyone will take them seriously except for the other spiritually dead people that enjoy hanging with them.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Last edited:
The Dead know only one thing, that it is better to be Alive.

I think that depends on where they end up.
A misconception by many is that heaven can be reached or achieved through simplicity of following that 'woman' on the street corner bidding them to come in and lie with her. Woman spiritually speaking can be talking about a nation, city, group, congregation, etc...

If one lives in the dust (confusion) of the earth (to the mortal flesh) how could they know the difference of being dead, asleep or if they are actually awake?

Adam (a red earth human- aka Edomite) walks in the garden of Eden (own pleasures) until the Lord awakened them and presented to the human a woman made from the human's own ryib (a case at law, strife, or contention). I did not get that for a long time until Christmas some years back I was allowed to recall it from a dream state. I had asked "what's this rib stuff". It did not sound correct to me. The stories surrounding the Bible are charming but not always accurate when interpreted by the human's who live in their own sins and pleasures.

We can believe every word but can we trust another persons interpretation of that word? I do not believe we can unless that person has been endowed to understand via the Holy Spirit that lives in them.

This does not mean I do not love Christmas. After I also have an earthly human side. The paganistic Christmas is absolutely beautiful with all of its lights and frills. It galls me to see the spiritually dead attack others who are not fully awakened as they themselves need to work on themselves prior to going after someone else. Then again for everything there is a purpose, a time and a season. If they are not violent and forceful about it all they can bitch all they want I suppose. It does not mean anyone will take them seriously except for the other spiritually dead people that enjoy hanging with them.

Christmas lights are the Christians version of the Jewish festival of lights, known as Hanukkah.

Christmas lights are the Christians version of the Jewish festival of lights, known as Hanukkah.
Thank you a lot of people do not know or understand the traditions and what they stand for. I love the lights twinkling all around when it is dark. Naturally here the light bugs are out all summer; that is the one thing I do love about where we live.

I presume the moment we are dead we can feel anything so we can't be aware of our state.
Looking at a corpse we can see just an inert and lifeless "thing".
But these are just observations based on what our eyes can see.
Maybe there's something metaphysical world beyond our material world :)

it would be for the Holiday they all celebrated than for them to bring their religion instead were they the same.

I presume the moment we are dead we can feel anything so we can't be aware of our state.
Looking at a corpse we can see just an inert and lifeless "thing".
But these are just observations based on what our eyes can see.
Maybe there's something metaphysical world beyond our material world :)
Quite possibly, the condition is the same as before birth.

It seems pretty certain, given the available evidence, that the dead are "aware" of nothing, as their lives have ended and their brains (the center of their cognitive functions) have died (and are deteriorating, along with the rest of them).

It seems pretty certain, given the available evidence, that the dead are "aware" of nothing, as their lives have ended and their brains (the center of their cognitive functions) have died (and are deteriorating, along with the rest of them).

really

images

flora has no CNS and are more than cognitive without one.

no, that our Spirits as with Flora are not a part of the physiological CNS (central nervous system) and easily may persist with the expiration of the physiological presence.

An interesting speculation. However, as there is no compelling evidence for the existence of the spirit (either in humans or in flora), I find it wholly unconvincing, and stand by my original assessment.

no, that our Spirits as with Flora are not a part of the physiological CNS (central nervous system) and easily may persist with the expiration of the physiological presence.

An interesting speculation. However, as there is no compelling evidence for the existence of the spirit (either in humans or in flora), I find it wholly unconvincing, and stand by my original assessment.
the compelling evidence is Flora without the physiology associated with your initial opinion, not necessarily they have Spirits but that they are cognitive and as such a detachment from their particular physiology is possible in relation to not having a CNS.

the compelling evidence is Flora without the physiology associated with your initial opinion, not necessarily they have Spirits but that they are cognitive and as such a detachment from their particular physiology is possible in relation to not having a CNS.

That's fine. I can't claim to be an expert in botany. But that still doesn't have anything to do with human cognition after death -- which, after all, is the question at hand.

That's fine. I can't claim to be an expert in botany. But that still doesn't have anything to do with human cognition after death -- which, after all, is the question at hand.
My example using Flora implied cognition for Fauna may also not be a part of the CNS either as you seem to believe for Fauna CNS being 100% - I do not regulate my heart beat my brain does, my brain does not tell me the difference between right and wrong my Spirit does - my Spirit may persist without my brain. some who develop their Spirits anyway.

My example using Flora implied cognition for Fauna may also not be a part of the CNS either as you seem to believe for Fauna CNS being 100% - I do not regulate my heart beat my brain does, my brain does not tell me the difference between right and wrong my Spirit does - my Spirit may persist without my brain. some who develop their Spirits anyway.

Yes, your brain regulates your heart, as well as many of your body's other natural functions. And as your brain dies, all those functions -- along with any cognition you may have -- inevitably cease. After all, we're not flowers, and our "cognition" is quite different from theirs.

Your "spirit" may very well persist without your brain. Nobody knows for certain. But until I see compelling evidence that "spirits" actually exist, I'll maintain my skepticism and stand by my original statement.

Forum List

Back