Are the dead aware that they are dead?

My example using Flora implied cognition for Fauna may also not be a part of the CNS either as you seem to believe for Fauna CNS being 100% - I do not regulate my heart beat my brain does, my brain does not tell me the difference between right and wrong my Spirit does - my Spirit may persist without my brain. some who develop their Spirits anyway.

Yes, your brain regulates your heart, as well as many of your body's other natural functions. And as your brain dies, all those functions -- along with any cognition you may have -- inevitably cease. After all, we're not flowers, and our "cognition" is quite different from theirs.

Your "spirit" may very well persist without your brain. Nobody knows for certain. But until I see compelling evidence that "spirits" actually exist, I'll maintain my skepticism and stand by my original statement.
Ummmm... no. The brain does not regulate the heart. The brain regulates all involuntary functions in the body except the heart. That function is controlled by the heart itself. The impulse starts in a small bundle of specialized cells located in the right atrium, called the SA node. The electrical activity spreads through the walls of the atria and causes them to contract. This forces blood into the ventricles. The SA node sets the rate and rhythm of your heartbeat. I can only imagine what else you are wrong about.

Ummmm... no. The brain does not regulate the heart. The brain regulates all involuntary functions in the body except the heart. That function is controlled by the heart itself. The impulse starts in a small bundle of specialized cells located in the right atrium, called the SA node. The electrical activity spreads through the walls of the atria and causes them to contract. This forces blood into the ventricles. The SA node sets the rate and rhythm of your heartbeat. I can only imagine what else you are wrong about.

Okay, I'll take your word on this one. It's a minor point and irrelevant to the main issue at hand. I stand corrected.

Okay, I'll take your word on this one. It's a minor point and irrelevant to the main issue at hand. I stand corrected.
No need to take my word on this. I back up everything I write with documentation. Besides we both know you already checked. If you could have argued it you would have.

Heart & Blood Vessels: How Does the Heart Beat | Cleveland Clinic

No need to take my word on this. I back up everything I write with documentation. Besides we both know you already checked. If you could have argued it you would have.

Actually, no, I HADN'T "already checked" on this. But thanks for making false accusations about me. However, just out of curiosity, I DID just do a quick bit of research, and found this, on the Johns Hopkins website, explaining the different parts of the brain (emphasis mine):

"...Brainstem. The brainstem (midline or middle of brain) includes the midbrain, the pons, and the medulla. Functions of this area include: movement of the eyes and mouth, relaying sensory messages (such as hot, pain, and loud), respirations, consciousness, cardiac function, involuntary muscle movements, sneezing, coughing, vomiting, and swallowing..."

So, even though -- as I noted -- this is a minor issue, irrelevant matter to the question at hand, I can't resist asking: What was that earlier quote of yours? Oh yeah...

"... I can only imagine what else you are wrong about..."

Actually, no, I HADN'T "already checked" on this. But thanks for making false accusations about me. However, just out of curiosity, I DID just do a quick bit of research, and found this, on the Johns Hopkins website, explaining the different parts of the brain (emphasis mine):

"...Brainstem. The brainstem (midline or middle of brain) includes the midbrain, the pons, and the medulla. Functions of this area include: movement of the eyes and mouth, relaying sensory messages (such as hot, pain, and loud), respirations, consciousness, cardiac function, involuntary muscle movements, sneezing, coughing, vomiting, and swallowing..."

So, even though -- as I noted -- this is a minor issue, irrelevant matter to the question at hand, I can't resist asking: What was that earlier quote of yours? Oh yeah...

"... I can only imagine what else you are wrong about..."
Then you must have seen this which now proves you are dishonest as well. I already knew that though.

Your heartbeat is triggered by electrical impulses that travel down a special pathway through your heart:

1. SA node (sinoatrial node) – known as the heart’s natural pacemaker
    The impulse starts in a small bundle of specialized cells located in the right atrium, called the SA node. The electrical activity spreads through the walls of the atria and causes them to contract. This forces blood into the ventricles. The SA node sets the rate and rhythm of your heartbeat. Normal heart rhythm is often called normal sinus rhythm because the SA (sinus) node fires regularly.

So Johns Hopkins -- home to arguably the most respected medical institution in the United States -- is full of BS?

I suppose when one's argument falls apart, all that is left is to resort to personal attacks. :)

So Johns Hopkins -- home to arguably the most respected medical institution in the United States -- is full of BS?

I suppose when one's argument falls apart, all that is left is to resort to personal attacks. :)
Yes, if they are saying the brain controls the beating of the heart. Yes, I am. Did you see the level of detail I provided compared to the level of detail you provided. I literally based my statement on a detailed explanation. You on the other hand have an underlined word. You are an idiot because you don't know how to research or vet anything.

Why don't you follow up with them on what cardiac function means. Better yet, tell me what part of the brain controls the beating of the heart. How's that?

Adam (a red earth human- aka Edomite) walks in the garden of Eden (own pleasures) until the Lord awakened them and presented to the human a woman made from the human's own ryib (a case at law, strife, or contention). I did not get that for a long time until Christmas some years back I was allowed to recall it from a dream state. I had asked "what's this rib stuff". It did not sound correct to me. The stories surrounding the Bible are charming but not always accurate when interpreted by the human's who live in their own sins and pleasures.
I think the whole rib thing is in regards to the sex chromosomes. The sex chromosomes were mutated and a part (rib) of the male's DNA structure (rib) was taken away and the female picked it up, thus creating the opposite sex.

The woman.

Adam (a red earth human- aka Edomite) walks in the garden of Eden (own pleasures) until the Lord awakened them and presented to the human a woman made from the human's own ryib (a case at law, strife, or contention). I did not get that for a long time until Christmas some years back I was allowed to recall it from a dream state. I had asked "what's this rib stuff". It did not sound correct to me. The stories surrounding the Bible are charming but not always accurate when interpreted by the human's who live in their own sins and pleasures.
I think the whole rib thing is in regards to the sex chromosomes. The sex chromosomes were mutated and a part (rib) of the male's DNA structure (rib) was taken away and the female picked it up, thus creating the opposite sex.

The woman.
The true word in English is spelled Riyb (reeb) which is meaning case at law, strife or contention. The Hebrew version also is referencing to be jostled or upset in order to curve or turn the side. Basically it comes down to the Lord's spirit moving in the human to move the human into the new direction of living to the heavenly spiritual 'side' which is the Son of God portion verses living to the carnally minded son of perdition 'side'.

People think to the flesh not the spirit so many work in that error game.

Yes, if they are saying the brain controls the beating of the heart. Yes, I am.

So, I guess that tells us everything we need to know about your level of arrogance, and your steadfast refusal to accept anything -- no matter how authoritative or factual -- that disagrees with your theological beliefs.

(See? I can resort to personal attacks, too!) ;-)

Yes, if they are saying the brain controls the beating of the heart. Yes, I am.

So, I guess that tells us everything we need to know about your level of arrogance, and your steadfast refusal to accept anything -- no matter how authoritative or factual -- that disagrees with your theological beliefs.

(See? I can resort to personal attacks, too!) ;-)
No, it tells me your level of ignorance, incompetence and dishonesty when all you did was search for anything that you thought that might allow you to save face in this argument.

This is my standard of detail:

Your heartbeat is triggered by electrical impulses that travel down a special pathway through your heart. SA node (sinoatrial node) – known as the heart’s natural pacemaker The impulse starts in a small bundle of specialized cells located in the right atrium, called the SA node. The electrical activity spreads through the walls of the atria and causes them to contract. This forces blood into the ventricles. The SA node sets the rate and rhythm of your heartbeat. Normal heart rhythm is often called normal sinus rhythm because the SA (sinus) node fires regularly.

This is your standard of detail:

cardiac function

Ding, I gave that detail all the research it deserves. As I noted before, it's a minor point, and essentially irrelevant to the original question. That's why -- as you may recall -- I originally conceded the point. It simply didn't matter.

Then again, it's somewhat amusing watching you trying to dance around the fact that Johns Hopkins -- EXPERTS in the functions of the human body -- list "cardiac functions" among those biological functions the human brain controls. I don't need to completely understand how the heart works to recognize that you're full of sh*t.

I see you've taken the Creationist code of dishonesty, dissimulation and distraction fully to heart! :laugh:

Ding, I gave that detail all the research it deserves. As I noted before, it's a minor point, and essentially irrelevant to the original question. That's why -- as you may recall -- I originally conceded the point. It simply didn't matter.

Then again, it's somewhat amusing watching you trying to dance around the fact that Johns Hopkins -- EXPERTS in the functions of the human body -- list "cardiac functions" among those biological functions the human brain controls. I don't need to completely understand how the heart works to recognize that you're full of sh*t.

I see you've taken the Creationist code of dishonesty, dissimulation and distraction fully to heart! :laugh:
No. You didn't. You are a first class idiot. If the heart did not control the beating of itself, you could not shock the heart back into service. You are a moron for arguing this. Google is a dangerous tool for you.

The master pacemaker is located in the atrium (upper chamber). It acts like a spark plug that fires in a regular, rhythmic pattern to regulate the heart's rhythm. This "spark plug" is called the sinoatrial (SA), or sinus node. It sends signals to the rest of the heart so the muscles will contract.

Electrical System

"Various intrinsic, neural, and hormonal factors act to influence the rhythm control and impulse conduction within the heart. The rhythmic control of the cardiac cycle and its accompanying heartbeat relies on the regulation of impulses generated and conducted within the heart...."

Heart - Regulation Of The Heart

"The human heart’s rhythmic contractions are regulated by cells in the heart called pacemakers. These cells generate electrical signals that cause the heart to contract..."

How is the heartbeat regulated?

"Natural pacemaker of the heart muscle controls heart rate, most of the time. In case some of the heart's atrial nodes don't work properly anymore, then pacemaker device can be implanted to correct deviations in heart rate and rhythm, by correcting irregular electrical impulses of the natural cardiac pacemaker."

Normal Heart Rate: How is Regulated and Influential Factors

"The heart’s electrical system is responsible for creating the signals that trigger the heart to beat..."

Electrical System

Forum List

Back