Are the dead aware that they are dead?

Ding, I gave that detail all the research it deserves. As I noted before, it's a minor point, and essentially irrelevant to the original question. That's why -- as you may recall -- I originally conceded the point. It simply didn't matter.

Then again, it's somewhat amusing watching you trying to dance around the fact that Johns Hopkins -- EXPERTS in the functions of the human body -- list "cardiac functions" among those biological functions the human brain controls. I don't need to completely understand how the heart works to recognize that you're full of sh*t.

I see you've taken the Creationist code of dishonesty, dissimulation and distraction fully to heart! :laugh:
Who is being dishonest?

Who is being dishonest?

It appears YOU are, as I see you continue to make multiple posts (before I have chance to respond to any of them) on a detail essentially irrelevant to the issue at hand -- a 'red herring' -- a tactic which, in this thread at least, I'll no longer indulge.

Who is being dishonest?

It appears YOU are, as I see you continue to make multiple posts (before I have chance to respond to any of them) on a detail essentially irrelevant to the issue at hand -- a 'red herring' -- a tactic which, in this thread at least, I'll no longer indulge.
I am providing evidentiary support that the heart itself controls the beating of itself. Do you deny this? I have provided multiple sources. What part of this do you not understand? This is making you look like an idiot. Do you need more evidentiary support?

You seem to forget that I originally conceded this point. As I continue to remind you, it's a minor detail that's essentially irrelevant to the discussion at hand. I only dug up that Johns Hopkins quote (in all of 30 seconds of research) to poke you with a stick. Given your demonstrated inclination toward negativity and hysterics, it seemed like an interesting thing to do.

Now, are we done with this red herring?

You seem to forget that I originally conceded this point. As I continue to remind you, it's a minor detail that's essentially irrelevant to the discussion at hand. I only dug up that Johns Hopkins quote (in all of 30 seconds of research) to poke you with a stick. Given your demonstrated inclination toward negativity and hysterics, it seemed like an interesting thing to do.

bing ... is the entertaining life of the party, conspicuously arrogant 4th century reactionary christian.

My example using Flora implied cognition for Fauna may also not be a part of the CNS either as you seem to believe for Fauna CNS being 100% - I do not regulate my heart beat my brain does, my brain does not tell me the difference between right and wrong my Spirit does - my Spirit may persist without my brain. some who develop their Spirits anyway.

Yes, your brain regulates your heart, as well as many of your body's other natural functions. And as your brain dies, all those functions -- along with any cognition you may have -- inevitably cease. After all, we're not flowers, and our "cognition" is quite different from theirs.

Your "spirit" may very well persist without your brain. Nobody knows for certain. But until I see compelling evidence that "spirits" actually exist, I'll maintain my skepticism and stand by my original statement.
After all, we're not flowers, and our "cognition" is quite different from theirs.

images

oh, and which are not shared the same by Flora and Fauna - awareness, perception, reasoning, and judgment. and again the complimentary aura of cognition that is not shared and is disparate in physiology between the two is the CNS.

Your "spirit" may very well persist without your brain. Nobody knows for certain. But until I see compelling evidence that "spirits" actually exist, I'll maintain my skepticism and stand by my original statement.

that is true for the individual but not for the genome of life, all living beings that is yet an unobserved dimension the same as where cognition originates and is passed from one generation to the next must exist and is the compelling evidence for a Spiritual existence.

Right and then you turned around like an idiot and argued against it which is what we are currently discussing now. You can't admit you are wrong even though I have proved it beyond shadow of doubt. The fact that you went looking for anything to prove me wrong and accepted it even though it is clearly wrong shows that you are incompetent and dishonest. If you had stuck with your original position that you were wrong it would have been the end of it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Stupid people don't know they're stupid either.

Life would need to be understood before death could be.
People tend to get confused when they do not understand that there is veil that separates the spiritual portion from the carnal human portions. One could think of it as borders of protection so the eternal soul does not die in sin nor give an avenue for the sinful carnal human can live forever.

Psalm 51:5, “Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me.
Romans 5:12 says that sin entered the world through Adam, and death came through sin, because all sinned. As descendants of Adam, we received the sin nature passed down from our fathers. That makes us born in sin, with a natural inclination to do wrong.

Good scriptures if one takes time to process it through it thinking and walking in the spirit it should make perfect sense. Eve- life, more specifically that portion in the adam (that red earth human) is the source of all life when the Lord awakens the human. That portion that gives and calls the human for the human conscientiousness to be awakened or make it aware that it has an eternal soul with a mother to teach it to how to breathe. This portion of our conscience is there to teach the human how to spiritual breath to live to the spirit of God in it verses evil things that can cause death to the spirit of the Son in us. Those things which have been given life from that which was previously dead (dead meaning the carnally minded human that has been asleep in the dust of the earth in the garden of its own pleasures).
Genesis 3:20 (KJV)

Who are the spiritual fathers of sin when we are living to the carnal flesh? The Lord told Peter that his father was the devil when Peter was in denial.
John 8:44 (KJV)

A 'devil' is a working adversary. A devil or devils work against that which is born in us that is holy and righteous. Our own son of perdition is not always easy to overcome. If truth is denied by us these adversaries in us cause trials and tribulations until we learn, grow or get to those places in the spirit where we should be. That can take longer for some who continually beat the dead horse so to speak. People can easily fall into a place that they feel comfortable and get stuck there. This strife and tribulation can also be where self examination comes in and that also is a very difficult task at times.
Luke 9:42 (KJV)

If we learn live and walk in the spirit the law is fulfilled in us when we have Jehovah's salvation with us aka Jesus the word that was in the beginning with God.
Romans 8:4 (KJV)

The links provided go to the Blue Letter Bible website.

Last edited:
The Manichean concepts as expressed throughout the centuries are not supported metaphysically nor quantum physically. The 'carnal' is separate from nothing if 'God' is one, and means nothing if 'God' does not exist.

The Manichean concepts as expressed throughout the centuries are not supported metaphysically nor quantum physically. The 'carnal' is separate from nothing if 'God' is one, and means nothing if 'God' does not exist.
The veil that creates that division is within your mind. Just because you have not seen it does not mean that it does not exist.

Right and then you turned around like an idiot and argued against it which is what we are currently discussing now. You can't admit you are wrong even though I have proved it beyond shadow of doubt. The fact that you went looking for anything to prove me wrong and accepted it even though it is clearly wrong shows that you are incompetent and dishonest. If you had stuck with your original position that you were wrong it would have been the end of it.

Sure, Bing. "That would have been the end of it." Let's review the record, shall we?

Okay, I'll take your word on this one. It's a minor point and irrelevant to the main issue at hand. I stand corrected.

No need to take my word on this. I back up everything I write with documentation. Besides we both know you already checked. If you could have argued it you would have.

Apparently, it would NOT have been the "end of it." And it wasn't. Instead, you took it as an opportunity to accuse me of being dishonest.

It's true that ONE of us is being dishonest, but I suggest you look in the mirror to discover his identity!

There is evidence the consciousness lives on after death and NDE stories of out of body experiences (which have been experimentally shown through neuroscience -- Out-of-body experience: Master of illusion ). Some of these scientists think it's just an illusion as presented in the study, but one has to dig deeper and ask why these mechanisms are present in our bodies. It is there for a purpose and those who have actually experienced these things instead of in an experiment claim different. It seems their experience has changed their lives for the better. However, what actually happens after death is not known in my opinion. Conservative Christians have their presentation in the video below. I tend to agree that is the way it happens, but we will not know for certain. Suffice it to say that we will be conscious after death and this will be start of a new journey. I do not think our spirits will remain on earth after death as it is whisked away and that seems to follow the video.

If a person is asleep are they aware that they are asleep?

If one lives in the dust (confusion) of the earth (to the mortal flesh) how could they know the difference of being dead, asleep or if they are actually awake?

Adam (a red earth human- aka Edomite) walks in the garden of Eden (own pleasures) until the Lord awakened them and presented to the human a woman made from the human's own ryib (a case at law, strife, or contention). I did not get that for a long time until Christmas some years back I was allowed to recall it from a dream state. I had asked "what's this rib stuff". It did not sound correct to me. The stories surrounding the Bible are charming but not always accurate when interpreted by the human's who live in their own sins and pleasures.

We can believe every word but can we trust another persons interpretation of that word? I do not believe we can unless that person has been endowed to understand via the Holy Spirit that lives in them.

This does not mean I do not love Christmas. After I also have an earthly human side. The paganistic Christmas is absolutely beautiful with all of its lights and frills. It galls me to see the spiritually dead attack others who are not fully awakened as they themselves need to work on themselves prior to going after someone else. Then again for everything there is a purpose, a time and a season. If they are not violent and forceful about it all they can bitch all they want I suppose. It does not mean anyone will take them seriously except for the other spiritually dead people that enjoy hanging with them.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Christmas lights are the Christians version of the Jewish festival of lights, known as Hanukkah.
Thank you a lot of people do not know or understand the traditions and what they stand for. I love the lights twinkling all around when it is dark. Naturally here the light bugs are out all summer; that is the one thing I do love about where we live.
99 percent of the customs associated with the modern Christmas celebration have pagan origins that predate Christianity by centuries

If one lives in the dust (confusion) of the earth (to the mortal flesh) how could they know the difference of being dead, asleep or if they are actually awake?

Adam (a red earth human- aka Edomite) walks in the garden of Eden (own pleasures) until the Lord awakened them and presented to the human a woman made from the human's own ryib (a case at law, strife, or contention). I did not get that for a long time until Christmas some years back I was allowed to recall it from a dream state. I had asked "what's this rib stuff". It did not sound correct to me. The stories surrounding the Bible are charming but not always accurate when interpreted by the human's who live in their own sins and pleasures.

We can believe every word but can we trust another persons interpretation of that word? I do not believe we can unless that person has been endowed to understand via the Holy Spirit that lives in them.

This does not mean I do not love Christmas. After I also have an earthly human side. The paganistic Christmas is absolutely beautiful with all of its lights and frills. It galls me to see the spiritually dead attack others who are not fully awakened as they themselves need to work on themselves prior to going after someone else. Then again for everything there is a purpose, a time and a season. If they are not violent and forceful about it all they can bitch all they want I suppose. It does not mean anyone will take them seriously except for the other spiritually dead people that enjoy hanging with them.

Christmas lights are the Christians version of the Jewish festival of lights, known as Hanukkah.
Thank you a lot of people do not know or understand the traditions and what they stand for. I love the lights twinkling all around when it is dark. Naturally here the light bugs are out all summer; that is the one thing I do love about where we live.
99 percent of the customs associated with the modern Christmas celebration have pagan origins that predate Christianity by centuries
I have made some fairly decent money at Christmas time over the years in order to support my family and pay bills so who would I be to say much about it.

Sure, Bing. "That would have been the end of it." Let's review the record, shall we?

Okay, I'll take your word on this one. It's a minor point and irrelevant to the main issue at hand. I stand corrected.

No need to take my word on this. I back up everything I write with documentation. Besides we both know you already checked. If you could have argued it you would have.

Apparently, it would NOT have been the "end of it." And it wasn't. Instead, you took it as an opportunity to accuse me of being dishonest.

It's true that ONE of us is being dishonest, but I suggest you look in the mirror to discover his identity!
Sure I tweaked you. So what? Are you incapable of controlling yourself? So your response was to try to prove that the heart doesn't control its own beating. Bad idea. Maybe you need thicker armor.

Last edited:
Are the dead aware that they are dead?

it only makes sense for a Spirit to be able to separate itself from its physiology before the physiology expires to continue living ... evolutionary humanity has not accomplished the feat, the irony may be all other living beings may have discovered the answer and are just keeping it to themselves.

the various organized religions likewise may as well consider themselves dead on arrival as non of them have yet ventured a truthful answer in support for the means of staying alive free of physical constraints.

Cool. I'm a pagan! Who knew?

Most anyone who has researched Christmas/Christianity...

Most anyone who has researched Christmas/Christianity...
There is another explanation. Common accounts and traditions exist because it is true.

The account of genesis was recorded in the symbols of the first written language 4500 years ago

Forum List

Back