CDZ Are Some Cultures Better Than Others?

who says you're ordinary? or the norm?

This entire thread appears to be the logical fallacy of false presumption.
Seriously? You see no social development in the entire history of humanity? That's bizarre to me. The social evolution of the human race has been measured by the empowerment of the individual. The movement of power from the top. We have evolved from thinking leaders were gods to believing they ruled by divine right, to the Magna Carta, where the king was forced to share power, to the modern developments of the free press, which has lead to Gandhi and King and Biko and Walesa, putting true power into the hands of ordinary people.
You can tell how much the rest of the world eschews western culture by the way they're all trying to emulate it.
That doesn't mean that it is better, which you still haven't defined.

Lots of people support Trump and that doesn't mean he is better.
I think we can easily measure the accomplishments of Western Civilization and compare them with the history of other cultures.
When will you define better?

Seriously? You see no social development in the entire history of humanity? That's bizarre to me. The social evolution of the human race has been measured by the empowerment of the individual. The movement of power from the top. We have evolved from thinking leaders were gods to believing they ruled by divine right, to the Magna Carta, where the king was forced to share power, to the modern developments of the free press, which has lead to Gandhi and King and Biko and Walesa, putting true power into the hands of ordinary people.
You can tell how much the rest of the world eschews western culture by the way they're all trying to emulate it.

I think we can easily measure the accomplishments of Western Civilization and compare them with the history of other cultures.
How can you do that when western culture is derived from other cultures?
Is that a one way exchange? Obviously there's an interchange of cultures throughout history. Or does that conflict with the PC version? No doubt the PC world believes Western Civilization is merely the result of cultural appropriation.
Lol, how can we be "better" with our rampant PC?

"Better" meaning in comparison with other cultures. Islamic Arab culture, for example, is clearly inferior to Western Civilization. How many books are published in predominantly Islamic nations? Any idea about that?

white christian supremacists think there are no other groups who helped build this country

who says you're ordinary? or the norm?

You can get anyone to emulate a culture when you market it as the best. Thats how they sell things here in the US. They convince you its the best and say your neighbor has it. Then you go out and try to emulate your neighbor.

However, they never tell you that other people think its a crock.
If only more people had that kind of insightful vision we could narrow down all the reasons for injustice to just one or two external causes for everything. Wouldn't that be nice.

you can... fear of others... in combination with the means to oppress those "others".

Is that a one way exchange? Obviously there's an interchange of cultures throughout history. Or does that conflict with the PC version? No doubt the PC world believes Western Civilization is merely the result of cultural appropriation.
It wasnt an exchange. Other cultures contributed to western culture and continue to do so to this day. Its PC to pretend thats not the case.

You can get anyone to emulate a culture when you market it as the best. Thats how they sell things here in the US. They convince you its the best and say your neighbor has it. Then you go out and try to emulate your neighbor.

If only more people had that kind of insightful vision we could narrow down all the reasons for injustice to just one or two external causes for everything. Wouldn't that be nice.

you can... fear of others... in combination with the means to oppress those "others".
I'm sure that fits perfectly with the standard one dimensional explanations.

We can do that now. Normally the root cause is abject fear in some form of another. Typically this fear manifests itself as needless self promotion attempting make oneself feel superior. We know this because people that are confident in themselves have no need to do these fear driven comparisons that result in injustice.
Can we? I'm sure some people can.
I would think most intelligent people can find a root cause to most issues.

"Better" meaning in comparison with other cultures. Islamic Arab culture, for example, is clearly inferior to Western Civilization. How many books are published in predominantly Islamic nations? Any idea about that?
Why do you think the number of books published defines what is better?

It wasnt an exchange. Other cultures contributed to western culture and continue to do so to this day. Its PC to pretend thats not the case.
But western civilization only oppressed and exploited these other cultures.......isn't that how the narrative goes?

Simply an indicator of which culture is more open to new ideas and differing opinions.

"better" is subjective.

But western civilization only oppressed and exploited these other cultures.......isn't that how the narrative goes?
Are you going to deflect on your own thread?

I'm sure that fits perfectly with the standard one dimensional explanations.
*snip lowlife's pointless video

no doubt you have a lot of excuses to justify your own hate and white supremacy.

sorry... it's all BS.
That must be why you have no choice but to ascribe simplistic motives and childish characterizations to people you disagree with.

Simply an indicator of which culture is more open to new ideas and differing opinions.

again, if you're discounting those other cultures and ideas then you are not indicative of being open to new ideas and differing opinions... which is where we started this exercise....

and you are still missing the irony

Let me guess. You deemed this an indicator? I wonder what they did before books existed? I guess you dont see the logical fallacy in attempting to define a culture as better using a definition derived from your own culture?

Are you going to deflect on your own thread?
Deflect from what? You haven't presented anything substantive to deflect from.

again, if you're discounting those other cultures and ideas then you are not indicative of being open to new ideas and differing opinions... which is where we started this exercise....

and you are still missing the irony
The real irony is that some people evidently believe they have objective opinions.

Let me guess. You deemed this an indicator? I wonder what they did before books existed? I guess you dont see the logical fallacy in attempting to define a culture as better using a definition derived from your own culture?
No of course not....we wouldn't want to make comparisons based on evidence.

Forum List

Back