Adutry

Can you imagine the original catholic men sitting around discussing this as they penned the bible 1600 years ago? One monk said thou shall not bang another mans wife and another one said don't even think about it. Write that down.

Certainly no god said this stuff. Too bad instead of preaching ethics god could have revealed science and medicine to us.

A real messiah would have taught education not morality.

When asked about morality he would have said simply we should know right from wrong.
Jesus will return riding a white Mustang GT..

He better wait for spring then because I just saw one stuck in the snow after the Sunday snowstorm in Michigan.
That's his....JC doesn't have emergency roadside assistance with his insurance carrier....

So god couldn't save himself from being crucified, or at least make it so it didn't hurt and now you're saying he can't even get out of a snow bank? Then why is he a god? Or how is he a god?

God suffered for us for 3 days. If he's a god then how much did it really hurt him? And if you don't believe this story you will suffer for eternity. Your choice. LOL
Jesus Christ is not God....When Jesus prayed, he prayed to his Father in Heaven, and he now sits at the right hand of God....there is no duality of the Messiah....

I bet in 100 years the arabs will make Osama a martyr just like you guys made Jesus. They'll make up wild stories. One story they won't have to make up is how he was able to fly airplanes into the heart of the infidels who oppressed his people.

Then you have the really crazy stuff like the religious "floggers" who beat themselves. That's how THEY control their "impure" thoughts. :D Crazy. Religion can inspire some really crazy shit. Lol.
They beat themselves to attain the mental condition of Christ,,but in early times in Rome there were three switches hung in public..One for the flagellants, one for wrong doers and one for anyone they felt needed a good whipping..I bet they got boners whipping...

Martin Luther use to whip himself to feel closer to god. He wanted to suffer like Christ did on the cross. The monks even had to drag him in from sleeping in outside in the snow. No question there are a lot of Christians who truly believe this nonsense but they all believe to different degrees. How devout are you? I guess that depends on your head and what it is filled with.
I am not a devout religious person, in fact I do not like religions....Yet I am no atheist...

Many of us atheists use to believe the same way you do when we first left our childhood religions. We still believed in gods, just not organized religions.

Understanding all organized religions are made up is a big part of why atheists believe there is no god but its not the only reason. You have to understand why our primitive ancient ancestors made up god too. They hated not knowing things. So anything they couldn't explain, must be god. We still can't imagine how all this could have happened without a creator. But then when did we decide that it/he/they cared about us? Well why else would they send droughts and famine and floods if they didn't care, right?

The telescope is another tool that helped us understand that god is made up. We see the Cosmos for what it really is and then compare that to the ancient stories and they don't add up. We aren't the center of the universe. The universe doesn't revolve around us. It took 14 billion years for the earth to form, not 7 days. Cosmology is humbling. We look at the universe and realize how small and insignifigent we are.

Who do you think of when masturbating Sealy? I bet it's yourself!

I told you, my neighbors wife. Or maybe tonight it's going to be the lady I'm working for. Or maybe my kids teacher. Or maybe another man!!! OMG I'm going to hell!!! LOL

Christians say god will forgive sins but you have to be truly sorry to ask for forgiveness.

Then a christian told me god forgives all sins as long as you believe.

So what about christian men who masturbate thinking about women who aren't their wives? They truly believe in Jesus but will continue to masturbate while thinking dirty thoughts. Do they get a free pass because they believe?

To me its like murdering or stealing but thinking you are safe because you believe. How many christians are guilty of the bibles definition of adultery? Remember you don't have to fuck your neighbors wife to commit adultery. You just have to lust after her in your heart. And if you're going to do it again in the future are you really sorry? And if you aren't really sorry will you be forgiven?
ok so when are you going to mention....ADUTRY?........:dunno:

All you have to do is lust in your heart

I actually just learned this the other day and what a load of bunk. But its all good, just keep sinning and keep saying youre sorry. Thats all you gotta do.

Christians say god will forgive sins but you have to be truly sorry to ask for forgiveness.

So what about christian men who masturbate thinking about women who aren't their wives? They truly believe in Jesus but will continue to masturbate while thinking dirty thoughts. Do they get a free pass because they believe?

To me its like murdering or stealing but thinking you are safe because you believe. How many christians are guilty of the bibles definition of adultery? Remember you don't have to fuck your neighbors wife to commit adultery. You just have to lust after her in your heart. And if you're going to do it again in the future are you really sorry? And if you aren't really sorry will you be forgiven?
ok so when are you going to mention....ADUTRY?........:dunno:

All you have to do is lust in your heart

I actually just learned this the other day and what a load of bunk. But its all good, just keep sinning and keep saying youre sorry. Thats all you gotta do.
It dawned on me the other day. I remember being 14 and us kids were discussing god. I was Greek orthodox and my friends southern baptist and some born again came to our sub one summer and tried to brainwash us with their brand. Our parents let us meet with them. They were nice. But then a few weeks later my friends explain how even lusting is adultery. What did we all do with that? Nothing. Each of us went on to become very good masturbators. And none of us is sorry. We don't act like it.

Yet all these guys call themselves christians? This is why kkkristians think they can kill and still go to heaven. If you can lie and be an adulterer and still go to heaven. Besides. I know for a fact my god hates everyone I hate so...

Then you have the really crazy stuff like the religious "floggers" who beat themselves. That's how THEY control their "impure" thoughts. :D Crazy. Religion can inspire some really crazy shit. Lol.
They beat themselves to attain the mental condition of Christ,,but in early times in Rome there were three switches hung in public..One for the flagellants, one for wrong doers and one for anyone they felt needed a good whipping..I bet they got boners whipping...

Martin Luther use to whip himself to feel closer to god. He wanted to suffer like Christ did on the cross. The monks even had to drag him in from sleeping in outside in the snow. No question there are a lot of Christians who truly believe this nonsense but they all believe to different degrees. How devout are you? I guess that depends on your head and what it is filled with.
I am not a devout religious person, in fact I do not like religions....Yet I am no atheist...

Many of us atheists use to believe the same way you do when we first left our childhood religions. We still believed in gods, just not organized religions.

Understanding all organized religions are made up is a big part of why atheists believe there is no god but its not the only reason. You have to understand why our primitive ancient ancestors made up god too. They hated not knowing things. So anything they couldn't explain, must be god. We still can't imagine how all this could have happened without a creator. But then when did we decide that it/he/they cared about us? Well why else would they send droughts and famine and floods if they didn't care, right?

The telescope is another tool that helped us understand that god is made up. We see the Cosmos for what it really is and then compare that to the ancient stories and they don't add up. We aren't the center of the universe. The universe doesn't revolve around us. It took 14 billion years for the earth to form, not 7 days. Cosmology is humbling. We look at the universe and realize how small and insignifigent we are.

Well, I go back and forth between believing and not believing. Lol. Sometimes things happen, where I'm like, woah there must be a God. :lol: I'm not going to be arrogant enough to say that I know for sure. However, if there is a God, I hope he isn't like they say and is more understanding of the nature of the human beings he created. And I still don't believe a lot of the stuff in the bible. It's way too out there. If there is a God, he doesn't involve himself. He is just a bystander.

There are more things about the universe that we don't know than we know..I haven't made up my mind, nor will I hate those that practice their beliefs...It is illogical

Adutry... Adutry...

Wasn't he a singing cowboy movie guy? Owned the L.A. Angels?

Could have been, but in all likelihood the OP was thinking about the movie actress, Adutry Hepburn :) ~ Susan
PS Fun . . . in a sick sort of a way . . . .

Who do you think of when masturbating Sealy? I bet it's yourself!

I told you, my neighbors wife. Or maybe tonight it's going to be the lady I'm working for. Or maybe my kids teacher. Or maybe another man!!! OMG I'm going to hell!!! LOL
you aint going to hell for beating your pud Bobo....just make sure you clean up after yourself....moms can tell why those socks are so stiff....

There are more things about the universe that we don't know than we know..I haven't made up my mind, nor will I hate those that practice their beliefs...It is illogical

Don't hate the sinners. Hate the sin. I don't hate the religious I hate that so many are religious.

Don't hate the sinners. Hate the sin. I don't hate the religious I hate that so many are religious.
I can't do that because I love dearly the ones I know that are religious..My family is 99%, I am the 1%...

Murder and theft are actual actions and they harm others.
Masturbation and fantasy are normal, natural and harm no one.

But, apparently there are some christians who believe both to be sins. That should be between them and their god but the problem is, they insist on forcing their beliefs on others.

I can't believe they think masturbating is a sin. Where does it say that you can't masturbate in the Bible?

I can't do that because I love dearly the ones I know that are religious..My family is 99%, I am the 1%...

I said hate the sin not the sinners. So if your family is religious, don't hate them for being stupid, hate stupidity. Hate that they are stupid. But don't hate them.

Do you hate retarded people? No, but you hate that there is mental retardation.

Masturbation is not a sin as long as it's consensual.

But on a more serious note there is no reference anywhere in the Bible that explicitly says masturbation is a sin. Some Christians point to the story of Onan in Genesis 38:9, 10); however, upon analysis this story is not about masturbation at all. Here is what the Bible says:

“And Er, Judah's firstborn, was wicked in the sight of the Lord; and the Lord slew him. And Judah said unto Onan, Go in unto thy brother's wife, and marry her, and raise up seed to thy brother. And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother. And the thing which he did displeased the Lord: wherefore he slew him also” (Genesis 38:7-10, KJV).

There are some Christians who interpret these verses as portraying masturbation as sinful; however, other Christians believe he was killed solely because he refused to impregnate his dead brothers wife, not because his sperm was “wasted.” I side with the latter group, and here is a good explanation why I do::

“Why did God kill Onan for spilling his seed on the ground? The reason God did this is not because Onan wasted his seed on the ground, but because Onan refused to perform his familial duties of producing offspring for his brother's. This was a great offense at the time. Now, we must realize that the culture was very different than ours is today. In that culture, when a man died and left no children, the next of kin was sometimes obligated to "go in to" the wife and produce children. These children were then considered to be the descendents of the original late husband and would be raised as such. This way, the offspring would be able to take care of the mother, provide more people for the community, and thereby raise their own children, continuing the name of that family. Onan knew this and refused to take part in furthering the honor and name of the brother's wife and thereby also risking provision for her in the future. To this, God was very displeased and took Onan's life.”

http://carm.org/bible-difficulties/genesis-deuteronomy/why-did-god-kill-man-spilling-his-seed-ground

But there is an even more practical reason for rejecting the "wasted seed" theory. Assuming that Onan was a typical male, his body produced about 21,000 sperm cells each minute of every day. Further even after ejaculating, he still had enough seminal fluid for another 3-4 ejaculations and seminal fluid is replaced every 1-3 days. The truth is that every minute of his life Onan had more seed than he could ever use in his lifetime. I'm sure that God knows all of this, so the “seed wasting” hypothesis fails. Besides, males who are celibate also waste their seed and, unlike men who occasionally masturbate celibate men waste ALL their seed.

There is another Biblical reference used by some Christians that does not deal directly with masturbation; however it states that lusting after a woman is the same as committing adultery. The theory is that if you think about a woman while you are masturbating you are lusting after her and thus committing adultery. Here is what the bible says:

“Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell. And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell” (Matthew 5:27-30, KJV).

Now I know there are various ways to define “lust for” but at a minimum it means to have an extreme and continuous desire for something such as having sex with someone. Now I cannot speak for all the masturbaters in the world, but I have never pursued all the woman I fantasized about. I didn't want to have sex with them; I just wanted to imagine having sex with them and there is a hell of a difference. I have been married for most of my life, have fantasized often during my marriages (both while masturbating and during intercourse) but I never cheated or wanted to. Further, outside the act of masturbating, I never gave a thought to any of the women I fantasized about. Did I lust after them? Hell no! Certainly not by any definition of “lust for” that I am willing to accept.

But that is just my own humble opinion (OK, I lied about the humble part).

Masturbation is not a sin as long as it's consensual.

But on a more serious note there is no reference anywhere in the Bible that explicitly says masturbation is a sin. Some Christians point to the story of Onan in Genesis 38:9, 10); however, upon analysis this story is not about masturbation at all. Here is what the Bible says:

“And Er, Judah's firstborn, was wicked in the sight of the Lord; and the Lord slew him. And Judah said unto Onan, Go in unto thy brother's wife, and marry her, and raise up seed to thy brother. And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother. And the thing which he did displeased the Lord: wherefore he slew him also” (Genesis 38:7-10, KJV).

There are some Christians who interpret these verses as portraying masturbation as sinful; however, other Christians believe he was killed solely because he refused to impregnate his dead brothers wife, not because his sperm was “wasted.” I side with the latter group, and here is a good explanation why I do::

“Why did God kill Onan for spilling his seed on the ground? The reason God did this is not because Onan wasted his seed on the ground, but because Onan refused to perform his familial duties of producing offspring for his brother's. This was a great offense at the time. Now, we must realize that the culture was very different than ours is today. In that culture, when a man died and left no children, the next of kin was sometimes obligated to "go in to" the wife and produce children. These children were then considered to be the descendents of the original late husband and would be raised as such. This way, the offspring would be able to take care of the mother, provide more people for the community, and thereby raise their own children, continuing the name of that family. Onan knew this and refused to take part in furthering the honor and name of the brother's wife and thereby also risking provision for her in the future. To this, God was very displeased and took Onan's life.”

http://carm.org/bible-difficulties/genesis-deuteronomy/why-did-god-kill-man-spilling-his-seed-ground

But there is an even more practical reason for rejecting the "wasted seed" theory. Assuming that Onan was a typical male, his body produced about 21,000 sperm cells each minute of every day. Further even after ejaculating, he still had enough seminal fluid for another 3-4 ejaculations and seminal fluid is replaced every 1-3 days. The truth is that every minute of his life Onan had more seed than he could ever use in his lifetime. I'm sure that God knows all of this, so the “seed wasting” hypothesis fails. Besides, males who are celibate also waste their seed and, unlike men who occasionally masturbate celibate men waste ALL their seed.

There is another Biblical reference used by some Christians that does not deal directly with masturbation; however it states that lusting after a woman is the same as committing adultery. The theory is that if you think about a woman while you are masturbating you are lusting after her and thus committing adultery. Here is what the bible says:

“Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell. And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell” (Matthew 5:27-30, KJV).

Now I know there are various ways to define “lust for” but at a minimum it means to have an extreme and continuous desire for something such as having sex with someone. Now I cannot speak for all the masturbaters in the world, but I have never pursued all the woman I fantasized about. I didn't want to have sex with them; I just wanted to imagine having sex with them and there is a hell of a difference. I have been married for most of my life, have fantasized often during my marriages (both while masturbating and during intercourse) but I never cheated or wanted to. Further, outside the act of masturbating, I never gave a thought to any of the women I fantasized about. Did I lust after them? Hell no! Certainly not by any definition of “lust for” that I am willing to accept.

But that is just my own humble opinion (OK, I lied about the humble part).

I looked up adultery on the web and of course now it just says sex with someone who isn't your wife. I remember reading in the bible that even if you thought about it you were committing adultery. It doesn't surprise me that the Christian churches have taken that out because I remember that was a deal breaker for me and all my friends.

The Hebrew Bible or Old Testament prohibits adultery in the seventh of the Ten Commandments (Exodus 20:12) (sixth Commandments in Christian enumeration and in verse Exodus 20:14). Leviticus 20:10 prescribes capital punishment for adultery between a man and married woman:

Significantly, the penalty does not extend to sex by an unmarried woman and a married man.

Furthermore, Deuteronomic code prescribes stoning not only for female extramarital sex, but also for female premarital sex in the case where the woman lies about her virginity:

If any man take a wife, and go in unto her, … and say, / I took this woman, and when I came to her, I found her not a maid. / … But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel: / Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die. (Deut. 22:13-21).

Forum List

Back