Zone1 Why is Christianity True And Not The Faith Of The Hare Krishnas?

That makes sense to you? The God of Israel, YHWH killing himself because he supposedly can't forgive?
You have the story wrong. Can you tell me why you changed the story from Christ coming to save people from their sins to God killing himself? Jesus saving people from sin is a world of difference from God killing himself..
Oh, I see. You don't believe what Red Front wrote above but this here (your version) DOES make sense to you? :laughing0301:

Oh, I see. You don't believe what Red Front wrote above but this here (your version) DOES make sense to you?
There is a difference between what the Gospel of Matthew wrote about Jesus (he came to save the people from their sins) and what Red Front wrote (God came to kill himself.)

Jesus' target to save people from their sins makes more sense than a target of God coming to earth to kill himself. Think about it. Why would God need to come to earth to kill himself? Jesus coming into a world of sin to save people from sin does make more sense--and a lot more sense at that.

That makes sense to you? The God of Israel, YHWH killing himself because he supposedly can't forgive? .
You have the story wrong. Can you tell me why you changed the story from Christ coming to save people from their sins to God killing himself? .

Oh, I see. You don't believe what Red Front wrote above but this here (your version) DOES make sense to you? :laughing0301:

There is a difference between what the Gospel of Matthew wrote about Jesus (he came to save the people from their sins) and what Red Front wrote (God came to kill himself.).
It took you less than a split second to run away from
⏩ the issue ⏪
or is it just that you can't read very well? Hmmm? :omg:

Last edited:
Oh, I see. You don't believe what Red Front wrote
Try again. Note your change in what I wrote...
Can you tell me why you changed the story from Christ coming to save people from their sins to God killing himself? I need to first understand the reasons for your perspective.
....to non-belief in what Red Front wrote. Interpreting a request for understanding to a statement of non-belief in what was written may be a lack of reading comprehension.

Understanding of another's perspective makes for a better discussion.

It took you less than a split second to run away
Red Front has not given me any indication that he wants to change the point he introduced (of God killing himself) to the perspective of the original Gospel authors. Presently, I am interested in understanding Red Front's point of view.

If you wish to discuss Matthew's Gospel with me, perhaps another time. Right now I am interested in discussing Red Front's perspective.

Try again. Note your change in what I wrote...

....to non-belief in what Red Front wrote. Interpreting a request for understanding to a statement of non-belief in what was written may be a lack of reading comprehension.

Understanding of another's perspective makes for a better discussion.
Red Front has not given me any indication that he wants to change the point he introduced (of God killing himself) to the perspective of the original Gospel authors. Presently, I am interested in understanding Red Front's point of view.

If you wish to discuss Matthew's Gospel with me, perhaps another time. Right now I am interested in discussing Red Front's perspective.
Your brain capacity is minimal. Go to school, take a class in English Comprehension, and then come back and admit your foolishness. Trying to talk to you is like trying to talk with a raw potato :cuckoo: .

You have the story wrong. Can you tell me why you changed the story from Christ coming to save people from their sins to God killing himself? Jesus saving people from sin is a world of difference from God killing himself. So tell me. In your story, why do you have God killing himself? I need to first understand the reasons for your perspective.

According to practically all of Christendom (especially Evangelical, Protestant Christians), except you (Merriweather), YHWH the deity of the ancient Israelites, can't and won't forgive sin or "save" humanity from the fires of hell (the hell he himself created), unless his innocent, sinless son (who is also Himself, because YHWH is three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit, Jesus Christ = 1/3rd of YHWH), is executed (i.e. sacrificed, killed), by the Romans (or whoever kills him).

Heb_9:26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

Rom 5:7-11 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. (8) But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. (9) Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. (10) For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. (11) And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Heb 9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

Believe or Burn:

Joh 3:16-19 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (17) For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. (18) He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. (19) And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

Humanity either believes or is eternally damned to hell.

Salvation according to the NT Bible (arguably the NT supports this with plenty of evidence), and according to Protestant Christendom and many Roman Catholics and Eastern Orthodox Christians as well, one must believe in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, to be saved from hell. What I'm saying here isn't a fringe belief, or something only a few Christians believe, this is believed by the vast majority of Christians and they have plenty of support from their NT scriptures, for this view. The doctrine of "Believe or Burn" has plenty of NT/scriptural backing.

Joh 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

Believe in me or die in your sins. This is 100% clear. There's no other way:

Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Rom_10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Act_16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

2Co 4:3-5 (3) But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: (4) In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. (5) For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.

YHWH God according to the Christian NT, predestines people to salvation and damnation. It's YHWH, the angry, wrathful tribal god of the Israelites, who allows the devil to "blind the minds of them which believe not":

Rom 9:15-23 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. (16) So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy. (17) For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth. (18) Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth. (19) Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will? (20) Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus? (21) Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour? (22) What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction: (23) And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

Some vessels are predestined to destruction and others to glory. Who are we to question YHWH, the wrathful, angry god of the Israelites? Might makes right! If he decides to predestine some human beings to hell and others to heaven, just shut up and accept it. YHWH can do whatever he wants to do, he's ALMIGHTY GOD (supposedly), so just shut your mouth and accept his indifference for the vessels he has predestined to be tortured in hell forever, supposedly glorifying himself at their eternal expense. This is the sickening, disgusting "morality" of the god of Christianity.

Rom 8:27-30 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. (28) And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. (29) For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. (30) Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Rom 8:33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

Act 13:48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

Eph 1:4-7 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: (5) Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, (6) To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved. (7) In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Eph_1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

1Pe 1:1-2 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, (2) Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

2Ti 1:9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

1Pe 1:18-21 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; (19) But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: (20) Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you, (21) Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

2Ti 1:9-10 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began, (10) But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel.

CHRISTIANITY = A FORM OF SPIRITUAL TERRORISM/ANTI-HUMAN.

Meriweather, you may deny all of the above, but it's clear from the NT, that this is what Christians should believe and this is why most Protestant, Bible believing Christians believe this. The beliefs of Roman Catholics are often less biblical and more centered on what the magisterium authorities of their church are teaching them, not so much what is in the Bible. Protestants are sola scriptura and are the ones who are more biblical, and hence believe all of the above.

You're an outlier, a deer grazing among the mindless, Christian sheep. Maybe you should consider a more humane religion, one that is less barbaric and cruel. I would turn to the East if I were you, and leave the Middle Eastern, Abrahamic paradigm for a better one. You're operating through the wrong spiritual "operating system". You should install another one.

Last edited:
You have the story wrong. Can you tell me why you changed the story from Christ coming to save people from their sins to God killing himself? Jesus saving people from sin is a world of difference from God killing himself. So tell me. In your story, why do you have God killing himself? I need to first understand the reasons for your perspective..
I guess you showed him, huh! :mad:
According to practically all of Christendom (especially Evangelical, Protestant Christians), except you (Merriweather), YHWH the deity of the ancient Israelites, can't and won't forgive sin or "save" humanity from the fires of hell (the hell he himself created), unless His innocent, sinless son (who is also Himself, because YHWH is three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit, Jesus Christ = 1/3rd of YHWH), is executed (i.e. sacrificed, killed), by the Romans (or whoever kills him).

Heb_9:26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.
Rom 5:7-11 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. (8) But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. (9) Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. (10) For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. (11) And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Heb 9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

Believe or Burn:

Joh 3:16-19 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (17) For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. (18) He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. (19) And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

Humanity either believes or is eternally damned to hell.

Salvation according to the NT Bible (arguably the NT supports this with plenty of evidence), and according to Protestant Christendom and many Roman Catholics and Eastern Orthodox Christians as well, one must believe in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, to be saved from hell. What I'm saying here isn't a fringe belief, or something only a few Christians believe, this is believed by the vast majority of Christians and they have plenty of support from their NT scriptures, for this view. The doctrine of "Believe or Burn" has plenty of NT/scriptural backing.
Joh 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

Believe in me or die in your sins. This is 100% clear. There's no other way:

Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Rom_10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Act_16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

2Co 4:3-5 (3) But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: (4) In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. (5) For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.

YHWH God according to the Christian NT, predestines people to salvation and damnation. It's YHWH, the angry, wrathful tribal god of the Israelites, who allows the devil to "blind the minds of them which believe not":
Rom 9:15-23 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. (16) So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy. (17) For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth. (18) Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth. (19) Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will? (20) Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus? (21) Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour? (22) What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction: (23) And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

Some vessels are predestined to destruction and others to glory. Who are we to question YHWH, the wrathful, angry god of the Israelites? Might makes right! If he decides to predestine some human beings to hell and others to heaven, just shut up and accept it. YHWH can do whatever he wants to do, he's ALMIGHTY GOD (supposedly), so just shut your mouth and accept his indifference for the vessels he has predestined to be tortured in hell forever, supposedly glorifying himself at their eternal expense. This is the sickening, disgusting "morality" of the god of Christianity.

Rom 8:27-30 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. (28) And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. (29) For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. (30) Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Rom 8:33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
Act 13:48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

Eph 1:4-7 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: (5) Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, (6) To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved. (7) In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Eph_1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

1Pe 1:1-2 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, (2) Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.
2Ti 1:9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

1Pe 1:18-21 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; (19) But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: (20) Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you, (21) Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

2Ti 1:9-10 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began, (10) But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

Meriweather, you may deny all of the above, but it's clear from the NT, that this is what Christians should believe and this is why most Protestant, Bible believing Christians believe this. The beliefs of Roman Catholics are often less biblical and more centered on what the magisterium authorities of their church are teaching them, not so much what is in the Bible. Protestants are sola scriptura and are the ones who are more biblical, and hence believe all of the above.

You're an outlier, a deer grazing among the mindless, Christian sheep. Maybe you should consider a more humane religion, one that is less barbaric and cruel. I would turn to the East if I were you, and leave the Middle Eastern, Abrahamic paradigm for a better one. You're operating through the wrong spiritual "operating system". You should install another one.
Ooops! Maybe not! :auiqs.jpg:

The Christians are the ones creating the narrative or story hence they're the ones who are killing YHWH God for their sins. All of this theological nonsense and religious mythology about YHWH God being executed by the Romans, is the worst type of insult you could ever utter or conjure up against YHWH, the God of Israel.
The evidence is pretty good that the Romans crucified Jesus. The evidence that Jesus was somehow divine is not so compelling.

The Bible doesn't say this.
It speaks of death for eternity, not torture
Even though your interpretation is better than a soul being tortured in hell for all eternity, it's still unjust. People are annihilated because they didn't convert to Christianity? You don't see the problem with that, when we live in a world with many religions and thousands of cultures, but supposedly humanity can only be saved from eternal destruction through one religion? If you were born and raised in the "wrong religion" and conditioned to believe in the tenets and world view of that religion, you're out of luck. You're going to be deprived of eternal life in God's kingdom and destroyed.

If this isn't bad enough, you were predestined by God to be annihilated. This is "love" and "justice"? Can't Almighty God do better than this? The infinite, eternal, omnipotent God, whose intelligence and creativity is beyond human comprehension, can't reform, rehabilitate, salvage, save, all of humanity? His enemy, Satan, ends up destroying 99.9% of humanity? I don't buy it. What Christianity proposes is ridiculous and obscene. It's morally reprehensible.

Last edited:
According to practically all of Christendom (especially Evangelical, Protestant Christians), except you (Merriweather), YHWH the deity of the ancient Israelites, can't and won't forgive sin or "save" humanity from the fires of hell (the hell he himself created), unless his innocent, sinless son (who is also Himself, because YHWH is three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit, Jesus Christ = 1/3rd of YHWH), is executed (i.e. sacrificed, killed), by the Romans (or whoever kills him).
Catholic and Orthodox are practically all of Christendom. Catholic and Orthodox are more deeply rooted in the Old Testament and therefore the ancient Hebrew, Greek, and Latin languages. Protestants roots seem to begin with the sixteenth century with the King James English.

Do these things make sense to you:
  • If one turns away from a sin, then all the times that previous sin was committed are forgiven.
  • Yom Kippur, repeated yearly and Temple Sacrifice
  • The only sacrifice God wants from us is obedience.
  • Jesus is/was perfect in obedience, therefore the perfect sacrifice and the final sacrifice for all of mankind. Jesus opened the way of salvation to all; simply follow him along the way of obedience to the will of God. No more need for animal sacrifice, no more need for yearly rituals of atonement, as we are at one with God daily.
  • Not even death can keep us from God. Simply follow Christ, the way of Christ in obedience to God.
I am no expert on all Protestantism. It seems to me that some profess that all one needs to do is profess Christ as Savior--a one and done and heaven is guaranteed. They see the cross as Jesus being punished instead of them--and that punishment was all that was ever needed. That part of Protestant belief has always seemed weird to me.

Catholics see Christ's sacrifice and death as the way of salvation being opened to all. It appears Protestants see Christ's sacrifice and death as taking on their punishment.

Catholic and Orthodox are practically all of Christendom. Catholic and Orthodox are more deeply rooted in the Old Testament and therefore the ancient Hebrew, Greek, and Latin languages. Protestants roots seem to begin with the sixteenth century with the King James English.

Do these things make sense to you:
  • If one turns away from a sin, then all the times that previous sin was committed are forgiven.
  • Yom Kippur, repeated yearly and Temple Sacrifice
  • The only sacrifice God wants from us is obedience.
  • Jesus is/was perfect in obedience, therefore the perfect sacrifice and the final sacrifice for all of mankind. Jesus opened the way of salvation to all; simply follow him along the way of obedience to the will of God. No more need for animal sacrifice, no more need for yearly rituals of atonement, as we are at one with God daily.
  • Not even death can keep us from God. Simply follow Christ, the way of Christ in obedience to God.
I am no expert on all Protestantism. It seems to me that some profess that all one needs to do is profess Christ as Savior--a one and done and heaven is guaranteed. They see the cross as Jesus being punished instead of them--and that punishment was all that was ever needed. That part of Protestant belief has always seemed weird to me.

Catholics see Christ's sacrifice and death as the way of salvation being opened to all. It appears Protestants see Christ's sacrifice and death as taking on their punishment.
You're simply agreeing with everything I said. You're confirming that according to Christian doctrine, the only way to avoid being tortured in hell for all eternity is by converting to Christianity. Protestants comprise 35% of Christendom worldwide and the majority of Christians in the United States. Worldwide, there are 900 Million Protestants, vs 1.3 billion Roman Catholics. Most Eastern Orthodox Christians, who number about 300 Million, believe the lost have to convert to Eastern Orthodox Christianity. According to them, the Eastern Orthodox Church is the only true Christian faith that is able to save souls. Many Roman Catholics believe one must be Catholic or partake of their sacraments to be saved.

The Bible as I showed and you disingenuously ignored, supports everything I said. Most Christians don't subscribe to the notion that people can be saved outside of Christianity, especially when they're aware of the gospel and reject it.

Last edited:
You're simply agreeing with everything I said. You're confirming that according to Christian doctrine, the only way to avoid being tortured in hell for all eternity is by converting to Christianity.
I don't agree. Catholics don't believe God sends anyone to hell to be tortured. Catholics define hell as separation from God, and that separation is the choice of each individual.

According to them, the Eastern Orthodox faith is the true faith. Many Roman Catholics believe one must be Catholic or partake of the sacraments to be saved.
Catholics don't talk about being "saved". Catholics believe that by his life, death, and resurrection, Christ redeemed the world and the way of salvation is open to all.

Jesus did say to have his life within us, we do need to receive communion. Those who don't? Like those who are not baptized, they are left in the hands of a merciful and loving God.

If one is not Catholic/Orthodox they hold to a separate belief. It is only Catholics who are not receiving the Eucharist (communion) who should have a care about their relationship with God. As a rule, Catholics/Orthodox are not among denominations that go around shaking fingers at those who go by another faith or another denomination. The Holy Spirit always seems to meet people where they are and from there draws them closer to God.

Catholics don't talk about being "saved". Catholics believe that by his life, death, and resurrection, Christ redeemed the world and the way of salvation is open to all.

Jesus did say to have his life within us, we do need to receive communion. Those who don't? Like those who are not baptized, they are left in the hands of a merciful and loving God.

If one is not Catholic/Orthodox they hold to a separate belief. It is only Catholics who are not receiving the Eucharist (communion) who should have a care about their relationship with God. As a rule, Catholics/Orthodox are not among denominations that go around shaking fingers at those who go by another faith or another denomination. The Holy Spirit always seems to meet people where they are and from there draws them closer to God.

It's not as simple and clear cut as you're claiming. But yes, I already admitted that my criticism was directed at Protestant Evangelicals (Bible believing Christians), not post-Vatican II, Catholicism.

I clearly showed from the NT that one must have faith in Christ to be saved. Those who don't believe are damned. You can continue ignoring that evidence, but others won't. The good thing about the Catholic Church is that it really doesn't necessarily base its doctrines on the Bible. Sola Scriptura Evangelicals however, do at least try to base their doctrines on the NT Bible, and hence are more consistent with what the NT Bible says about salvation.

Eastern Orthodox aren't as liberal and progressive as the Catholics are, they tend to be more sectarian and emphasize the need for conversion to Orthodoxy. Again my criticism is mostly directed at Biblical oriented Christianity and its adherents, namely the Evangelical Protestant Christians (Bible believing/Sola Scriptura Christians).

Last edited:
I don't agree. Catholics don't believe God sends anyone to hell to be tortured. Catholics define hell as separation from God, and that separation is the choice of each individual.
No one chooses to go to hell for all eternity, so your comment is incoherent gobbledygook. Your god casts people into hell for all eternity, and refuses or simply can't conceive of a more compassionate and creative way of reforming that fallen soul. It's sadistic to leave human souls in hell, forever. You can define hell however you want, but it's still a place of torment.

Last edited:
Catholic and Orthodox are practically all of Christendom.
:blahblah:bla-bla-bla, horse manure, bull excrement, and poopy doody.
You're simply agreeing with everything I said. You're confirming that according to Christian doctrine, the only way to avoid being tortured in hell for all eternity is by converting to Christianity. .....
The Bible as I showed and you disingenuously ignored, supports everything I said.
And that is THE BOTTOM LINE ⏯️

Forum List

Back