Acting US Navy secretary resigns

So onto this scenario. Aviations Mate Jones is the only Computer Technician on the ship.
The Roosevelt has 4,800 crew members

it will have an abundance of every Navy speciality

and the odds are 99 to 1 that Jones will not even know he’s sick unless he gets tested

The Roosevelt has a lot of people on board. But there are a lot of specialties that are also aboard. Barbers, Dentists, everything you would have in a small town, is aboard the ship. So they do not have a lot of space for a lot of rarely used specialties. If there are Dogs aboard for sniffing drugs or security, there will be Veterinarians, and Vet Techs. Do you think they would have a dozen Vets aboard? They might have one. Or perhaps just a Vet Tech. Because they do not have unlimited supplies of everything. Something they use rarely will not have a dozen people. They might have a dozen “Shooters” aboard. That is the people who oversee the Catapult launchers. They might have only half a dozen. It might not be that many. They don’t twice as many as they absolutely need. They may have a few pilots more than they have planes. They might have an extra Radar Controller than they absolutely need. But they don’t have dozens of everything all sitting on the shelf waiting.

They might just have one of a specific specialty. One that is needed Rarely, but when it is needed, it is vital. Why would you have two or three people who are doing not much most of the time? When you could have other people take those slots who are needed far more often?

No, but it is his responsibility to report truthfully on the condition of his ship, and the condition of his crew, and their ability to answer orders and carry out the missions.
Sure

But report it directly to the next higher up in his chain of command

Not broadcast his complaints to the whole world

He did not. He reported the situation to thirty people with applicable oversight and authority.

Let me see if I can finally explain this to you in a way you will understand. I work for Bob. Bob is my direct supervisor. You are Quality Control. I have to submit reports to you about the quality of the cars we produce. Bob is in charge of Production.

I discover that the car we have started to produce four months ago has the same flaw that caused the Pinto to explode. If the car is hit from behind while the left turn signal is lit, the car can explode due to a design flaw.

I call Bob at home and tell him. I then write down what I discovered and attach the design schematic to the memo, and the schematic to the Pinto, and send it to everyone who needs to know. I send it to you. I send it to Risk Management, Legal, and the whole litany of departments that are going to be affected by this. I send everything to people within the company.

Someone else takes the Memo I wrote, while the bosses are sitting around and discussing it and cars are rolling off of the assembly line with the flaw intact, and sends the memo to the press.

Someone who received the memo sent it to the press. I didn’t send it. Now, the company fires me for writing the memo. They say I should never have written anything down. I should have trusted that my verbal report would be acted upon, eventually, by the company. Who knows how long it would have taken, and how many people would have died. That isn’t important, it is my fault for writing it down.

That is literally what you are blaming Crozier for. He was on board the Carrier. All communications on and off the Carrier are done through the Carrier’s communications system. There isn’t a single communications system that is not monitored. If Crozier had sent it to the Press, they would have had a record of it. There was no where for him to go that was not monitored. There was literally no way for him to send the message to the Press. The record would have been found in less than two hours of searching.

Someone who received it took that memo and sent it to the press. Someone who was in one of the offices which had oversight. The jackass Moldy fired Crozier for writing the memo and sending it out to those with Oversight or authority. Because it was so sensational it was certain to be leaked by someone who had oversight and authority over Crozier.

In other words, one of the Superior Officers leaked it to the Press. Crozier could not have without a record of his contacting the press. It could have been someone in Moldy’s own office who leaked it. But it is Crozier’s fault for writing it down.

So why are you helping to crucify a guy who did his job exactly the way he is supposed to? Why are you furious at the Captain who did what he was required to do? Why are you mad at him for following orders?

Once you understand all of that, if you still believe firing Crozier was the right thing to do, then you have no concept of Honor, Integrity, or Duty.
Crozier had only one man in his direct chain of command

He sent it to 29 others to get around his commander

Major cluster fuk by the Navy

They overreacted and fired the Captain without a hearing. Now they are trying to cover their asses.

The crew is rightfully outraged as are enlisted throughout the fleet. The Navy seems more concerned with protecting their reputation than protecting their sailors

No, but it is his responsibility to report truthfully on the condition of his ship, and the condition of his crew, and their ability to answer orders and carry out the missions.
Sure

He did not. He reported the situation to thirty people with applicable oversight and authority.

Let me see if I can finally explain this to you in a way you will understand. I work for Bob. Bob is my direct supervisor. You are Quality Control. I have to submit reports to you about the quality of the cars we produce. Bob is in charge of Production.

I discover that the car we have started to produce four months ago has the same flaw that caused the Pinto to explode. If the car is hit from behind while the left turn signal is lit, the car can explode due to a design flaw.

I call Bob at home and tell him. I then write down what I discovered and attach the design schematic to the memo, and the schematic to the Pinto, and send it to everyone who needs to know. I send it to you. I send it to Risk Management, Legal, and the whole litany of departments that are going to be affected by this. I send everything to people within the company.

Someone else takes the Memo I wrote, while the bosses are sitting around and discussing it and cars are rolling off of the assembly line with the flaw intact, and sends the memo to the press.

Someone who received the memo sent it to the press. I didn’t send it. Now, the company fires me for writing the memo. They say I should never have written anything down. I should have trusted that my verbal report would be acted upon, eventually, by the company. Who knows how long it would have taken, and how many people would have died. That isn’t important, it is my fault for writing it down.

That is literally what you are blaming Crozier for. He was on board the Carrier. All communications on and off the Carrier are done through the Carrier’s communications system. There isn’t a single communications system that is not monitored. If Crozier had sent it to the Press, they would have had a record of it. There was no where for him to go that was not monitored. There was literally no way for him to send the message to the Press. The record would have been found in less than two hours of searching.

Someone who received it took that memo and sent it to the press. Someone who was in one of the offices which had oversight. The jackass Moldy fired Crozier for writing the memo and sending it out to those with Oversight or authority. Because it was so sensational it was certain to be leaked by someone who had oversight and authority over Crozier.

In other words, one of the Superior Officers leaked it to the Press. Crozier could not have without a record of his contacting the press. It could have been someone in Moldy’s own office who leaked it. But it is Crozier’s fault for writing it down.

So why are you helping to crucify a guy who did his job exactly the way he is supposed to? Why are you furious at the Captain who did what he was required to do? Why are you mad at him for following orders?

Once you understand all of that, if you still believe firing Crozier was the right thing to do, then you have no concept of Honor, Integrity, or Duty.

Did any of the 29 not have a need to know?

So onto this scenario. Aviations Mate Jones is the only Computer Technician on the ship.

and the odds are 99 to 1 that Jones will not even know he’s sick unless he gets tested

The Roosevelt has a lot of people on board. But there are a lot of specialties that are also aboard. Barbers, Dentists, everything you would have in a small town, is aboard the ship. So they do not have a lot of space for a lot of rarely used specialties. If there are Dogs aboard for sniffing drugs or security, there will be Veterinarians, and Vet Techs. Do you think they would have a dozen Vets aboard? They might have one. Or perhaps just a Vet Tech. Because they do not have unlimited supplies of everything. Something they use rarely will not have a dozen people. They might have a dozen “Shooters” aboard. That is the people who oversee the Catapult launchers. They might have only half a dozen. It might not be that many. They don’t twice as many as they absolutely need. They may have a few pilots more than they have planes. They might have an extra Radar Controller than they absolutely need. But they don’t have dozens of everything all sitting on the shelf waiting.

They might just have one of a specific specialty. One that is needed Rarely, but when it is needed, it is vital. Why would you have two or three people who are doing not much most of the time? When you could have other people take those slots who are needed far more often?
You are talking nonsense

there are dozens of people within any speciality

even the captain has a replacement, aka 2nd in command, should he be killed by enemy action

you are trying to create an emergency that didnt exist

Sure

You are an idiot. Why do you not understand that the Captain has to answer to more than one person? Ignore the Naval Sea Systems command. Even if you are in daily even hourly contact with your direct superior you will be relieved for substandard performance in contrivance of regulations. Fail to update Naval Medical Command, same thing. You answer to the Commander Naval Air Forces. You answer to Commander Carrier Division. You are responsible for advising and reporting to dozens of departments.

The single supervisor is the only one who can issue orders to you. And those orders would be to be relieved of your command if you did not satisfy regulations with all the other offices.

Sure

You are an idiot. Why do you not understand that the Captain has to answer to more than one person? Ignore the Naval Sea Systems command. Even if you are in daily even hourly contact with your direct superior you will be relieved for substandard performance in contrivance of regulations. Fail to update Naval Medical Command, same thing. You answer to the Commander Naval Air Forces. You answer to Commander Carrier Division. You are responsible for advising and reporting to dozens of departments.

The single supervisor is the only one who can issue orders to you. And those orders would be to be relieved of your command if you did not satisfy regulations with all the other offices.
hey fuck off

all you have are hurling personal personal insults and a profound ignorance of the chain of command

You are talking nonsense

even the captain has a replacement, aka 2nd in command, should he be killed by enemy action

To the contrary. I am giving you a real world example of how things work in the military, and Aviation.

Continental Express Flight. Continental Express Flight 2574 - Wikipedia

The inspector, the guy I mentioned was supposed to check the work of others, decided to do something he was not supposed to do. He did some of the work himself. The result of a lack of a proper check, and poor communication was the death of 14 people. This was in America. On dry land, where more people are actually available instead of notionally. The rules and regulations of aviation are written in the blood of those who did not do it.

You are talking nonsense

To the contrary. I am giving you a real world example of how things work in the military, and Aviation.

The inspector, the guy I mentioned was supposed to check the work of others, decided to do something he was not supposed to do. He did some of the work himself. The result of a lack of a proper check, and poor communication was the death of 14 people. This was in America. On dry land, where more people are actually available instead of notionally. The rules and regulations of aviation are written in the blood of those who did not do it.
We are just repeating ourselves

see post #67

You are talking nonsense

see post #67

Fine. Help me out. Why does the Navy have a Commander Naval Air Forces Pacific? What could they possibly do? If no one reports to them, since they are administrative, why have it? Why does the Navy have a hundred different administrative offices? Is it just a jobs program? Should we eliminate those offices as wasteful?

If nobody is required to report to these offices why do they exist? If these offices have no oversight or authority, why do we the taxpayers fund them?

You are talking nonsense

see post #67

Fine. Help me out. Why does the Navy have a Commander Naval Air Forces Pacific? What could they possibly do? If no one reports to them, since they are administrative, why have it? Why does the Navy have a hundred different administrative offices? Is it just a jobs program? Should we eliminate those offices as wasteful?

If nobody is required to report to these offices why do they exist? If these offices have no oversight or authority, why do we the taxpayers fund them?
only one naval officer commands the ultimate deployment of the ship

and that is the only person crozier should have sent the letter to

no sailors on the USS Roosevelt died from the chinese disease

nor is it likely more would have died at sea than on land
Based on what?
Reality.
What is the reality of a ship at sea with unchecked TRUMPvirus running through it and no way to isolate the crew?
You and crozier are over reacting

no one died on the Roosevelt and few if any would have died
What did the Navy do?

They followed Croziers advice, brought the ship to port and isolated the crew

Based on what?
Reality.
What is the reality of a ship at sea with unchecked TRUMPvirus running through it and no way to isolate the crew?

What did the Navy do?

What makes you think they were not going to do that anyway?

but maybe they needed more time to ready a replacement

Based on what?
Reality.

What did the Navy do?

The fact that they did nothing

Croziers letter shaming the Navy got them to do something. Also got Crozier fired.

The Navy is still scrambling to put this thing behind them

Based on what?
Reality.

What did the Navy do?

The fact that they did nothing

Croziers letter shaming the Navy got them to do something. Also got Crozier fired.

The Navy is still scrambling to put this thing behind them
you dont know that

I suspect the Navy did not want to make the chinese disease a public issue

But crozier blew that up and to a certain extent aided the enemy

You are talking nonsense

see post #67

only one naval officer commands the ultimate deployment of the ship

and that is the only person crozier should have sent the letter to

Why are you not answering any questions?

Forum List

Back