Commander of Aircraft Carrier Who Called for Help With Virus Outbreak Is Fired

JustAGuy1

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2019
"Today at my direction the commanding officer of the USS Theodore Roosevelt, Captain Brett Crozier, was relieved of command by carrier strike group commander Rear Admiral Stewart Baker," Modly said during a Pentagon press briefing.

Modly told reporters that Crozier was removed for showing "extremely poor judgment" and creating a "firestorm" by too widely disseminating the memo detailing his concerns, copying some 20 to 30 people.

He said Crozier was not removed because of any evidence suggesting he leaked the memo to the press, but rather for allowing "the complexity of his challenge with the Covid breakout on the ship to overwhelm his ability to act professionally when acting professionally was what was needed the most at the time."

Rump? You're an as*

"Today at my direction the commanding officer of the USS Theodore Roosevelt, Captain Brett Crozier, was relieved of command by carrier strike group commander Rear Admiral Stewart Baker," Modly said during a Pentagon press briefing.

Modly told reporters that Crozier was removed for showing "extremely poor judgment" and creating a "firestorm" by too widely disseminating the memo detailing his concerns, copying some 20 to 30 people.

He said Crozier was not removed because of any evidence suggesting he leaked the memo to the press, but rather for allowing "the complexity of his challenge with the Covid breakout on the ship to overwhelm his ability to act professionally when acting professionally was what was needed the most at the time."

Rump? You're an as*

I've got a hunch that the commander in chief is going to step into this and maybe kick some asses.

hell if he did, hell if he didnt -

if trump cant lie about it and make himself a hero, he wont do chite.

Last edited:

Rump? You're an as*

I've got a hunch that the commander in chief is going to step into this and maybe kick some asses.

Lord I hope so

Rump? You're an as*
I guess you missed the point it was his commanding officer not Trump. The way the military operates is you go to your commanding officer with concerns you don't start running around yelling at everyone like you are on fire.

Rump? You're an as*
I guess you missed the point it was his commanding officer not Trump. The way the military operates is you go to your commanding officer with concerns you don't start running around yelling at everyone like you are on fire.

I guess your education didn't include the avtual Chain of Command. Educate yorself.

Rump? You're an as*

I guess your education didn't include the avtual Chain of Command. Educate yorself.

"avtual"?

"yorself"

Why would you know what a chain of command is?

Rump? You're an as*

I just proved I undertand the chain of command. Obviously he either felt overwhelmed and did not care about it or did not understand how it works.

The Captain was a hero.

When he left the ship his entire crew turned out and were chanting his name

He sacrificed his career for the good of his men.

You can't ask for much more from a leader.

Of COURSE the Trumpers disparage him

Rump? You're an as*

"avtual"?

"yorself"

Why would you know what a chain of command is?

Jump on those typos, you're a REAL man.

His email was in the newspaper before his commanding officer even saw it. That's not following chain of command.
Just another supposed opportunity to kick Trump.

Rump? You're an as*

I just proved I undertand the chain of command. Obviously he either felt overwhelmed and did not care about it or did not understand how it works.

That's what I get for posting distracted.

His email was in the newspaper before his commanding officer even saw it. That's not following chain of command.
Just another supposed opportunity to kick Trump.

LOL, I am a Conservative. Rump needs to step in and save a good officer.

Rump? You're an as*
He broke the chain of command.

Actions have consequences despite your emotions

Rump? You're an as*
He broke the chain of command.

Actions have consequences despite your emotions

Having served I know full well how it's supposed to work.
LOL, I am a Conservative. Rump needs to step in and save a good officer. There aren't enough good Officers and when you find one you protect him if you can

Forum List

Back