Acting Navy Secretary Berates USS Roosevelt Captain

Trump fever catch it. The guy who is in charge berates the captain because he sent a letter to the chain of command. He suppose to have know that it would have been leaked. He is then accused that the captain knew that it would be leaked.

Serious if this is the guy leading the Navy then if he was on a ship now, he be walking the plank. It sounds like the navy is embarrassed. He just made this captain a hero. He followed the chain of command by notifying his superiors of the issues aboard his ship. He was looking out for his men.

Sorry it embarrass Trump and his boys.
You are a fucking LIAR!
The Captain went around the chain of command. THAT is the reason he was relieved of his command.
The first thing ANYONE in the military is taught is to follow the chain of command.
The 'fraggers' are soon weeded out and sent back to mommy.
Basically the Captain 'lost his bottle' in a time of stress.
Everyone in the Navy brass KNEW he was a good 'peacetime Captain'. But when the shooting started he would be on the first plane off the deck.

Well it seems that the Actual Navy, instead of the one in your imagination, disagrees with you entirely. The Investigation determined that the Captain sent the Memo to ten people, including his direct report supervisor, and the other nine were appropriate commands. The Chief of Naval Operations, has recommended that Captain Crozier be reinstated immediately. The Secretary of Defense is now considering the investigation and the recommendation.

So it seems that you were wrong at least according to the Navy, and then again so was I. I said the Navy would not reinstate this guy because it would be embarrassing to admit they were wrong to remove him. I guess not only are they throwing Moldy under the bus, but they’re backing the bus up to make sure he gets run over again, and again.

Of course, it has been known for some time that Crozier did not send it to the Press. So what do you think about the Navy wanting Crozier back?

Oh, one last thing. The Captain of the Ship, would not fly off it in time of war in any plane. You see, while the Captain is a Pilot, it is a non flight post, which means he don’t fly anymore, unless he can get check rides when his duties as Captain permits. So pretty much No. On the off chance that during your imaginary war, the ship was damaged and sinking, the Captain would be charged and convicted of Dereliction of Duty if he was not the last person off the ship.
Someone the Captain sent the 'memo' to leaked it to the press. The Captain is DIRECTLY responsible for that.
The Admiral was quartered two doors down from the Captain. The Admiral has stated he only learned about the memo from a press report. THAT is breaking the chain of command!!!!!!!!!!!
The Captain will NEVER EVER get command of another ship. He will quit or retire from a desk job.
Another time and place the Captain would have been locked up in the brig.
I NEVER said the Captain would abandon he post if a shooting war happened. In FACT I said in that event the boys back in Headquarters would figure out an excuse to relieve the Captain.

Ok. So I tell my superior information and it is given to the press and that is my fault? Are you insane? You are the kind of guy who would convict an accused of a crime because he must have done something to get here.

the Navy says reinstate the man. So obviously your assertions are false. The Chief of Naval Operations. That means the highest ranking Naval Officer. The CNO says that Crozier did the right thing. He sent it to the appropriate commands. So your complaint is again disproven.

The biggest problem is that you have no clue how the Navy works. You have no idea how the Command and Control works. And the Navy says that. Not just me. They said it when the investigation concluded that Crozier acted appropriately and should be reinstated.

I heard previously that they were considering it. And it will be up to Esper to decide which from most accounts say that many of the rank and file would like to see him reinstated which should be a no brainer for Esper but the other coin is the no brainer he works for .
Is this another split in the political divide .

Trump fever catch it. The guy who is in charge berates the captain because he sent a letter to the chain of command. He suppose to have know that it would have been leaked. He is then accused that the captain knew that it would be leaked.

Serious if this is the guy leading the Navy then if he was on a ship now, he be walking the plank. It sounds like the navy is embarrassed. He just made this captain a hero. He followed the chain of command by notifying his superiors of the issues aboard his ship. He was looking out for his men.

Sorry it embarrass Trump and his boys.
You are a fucking LIAR!
The Captain went around the chain of command. THAT is the reason he was relieved of his command.
The first thing ANYONE in the military is taught is to follow the chain of command.
The 'fraggers' are soon weeded out and sent back to mommy.
Basically the Captain 'lost his bottle' in a time of stress.
Everyone in the Navy brass KNEW he was a good 'peacetime Captain'. But when the shooting started he would be on the first plane off the deck.

Well it seems that the Actual Navy, instead of the one in your imagination, disagrees with you entirely. The Investigation determined that the Captain sent the Memo to ten people, including his direct report supervisor, and the other nine were appropriate commands. The Chief of Naval Operations, has recommended that Captain Crozier be reinstated immediately. The Secretary of Defense is now considering the investigation and the recommendation.

So it seems that you were wrong at least according to the Navy, and then again so was I. I said the Navy would not reinstate this guy because it would be embarrassing to admit they were wrong to remove him. I guess not only are they throwing Moldy under the bus, but they’re backing the bus up to make sure he gets run over again, and again.

Of course, it has been known for some time that Crozier did not send it to the Press. So what do you think about the Navy wanting Crozier back?

Oh, one last thing. The Captain of the Ship, would not fly off it in time of war in any plane. You see, while the Captain is a Pilot, it is a non flight post, which means he don’t fly anymore, unless he can get check rides when his duties as Captain permits. So pretty much No. On the off chance that during your imaginary war, the ship was damaged and sinking, the Captain would be charged and convicted of Dereliction of Duty if he was not the last person off the ship.
Someone the Captain sent the 'memo' to leaked it to the press. The Captain is DIRECTLY responsible for that.
The Admiral was quartered two doors down from the Captain. The Admiral has stated he only learned about the memo from a press report. THAT is breaking the chain of command!!!!!!!!!!!
The Captain will NEVER EVER get command of another ship. He will quit or retire from a desk job.
Another time and place the Captain would have been locked up in the brig.
I NEVER said the Captain would abandon he post if a shooting war happened. In FACT I said in that event the boys back in Headquarters would figure out an excuse to relieve the Captain.

Ok. So I tell my superior information and it is given to the press and that is my fault? Are you insane? You are the kind of guy who would convict an accused of a crime because he must have done something to get here.

the Navy says reinstate the man. So obviously your assertions are false. The Chief of Naval Operations. That means the highest ranking Naval Officer. The CNO says that Crozier did the right thing. He sent it to the appropriate commands. So your complaint is again disproven.

The biggest problem is that you have no clue how the Navy works. You have no idea how the Command and Control works. And the Navy says that. Not just me. They said it when the investigation concluded that Crozier acted appropriately and should be reinstated.

I heard previously that they were considering it. And it will be up to Esper to decide which from most accounts say that many of the rank and file would like to see him reinstated which should be a no brainer for Esper but the other coin is the no brainer he works for .
Is this another split in the political divide .
It would do much for the morale of not only those on the Roosevelt but for all sailors.

It would show the command values their safety

Forum List

Back