Zone1 A lot of people here suffer from CDS: Catholic Derangement Syndrome

Do you honestly believe that Jesus had a stop over at Purgatory on His way to Heaven to drop off those He gathered from Paradise, and continued without them? Where is that found in the Bible? And those He left in Hell? They don't get purgatoried?
And before they complain that Yeshua was perfect, so needed no time in purgatory, He took with him a perfect example of a saved person who would need a lot of time there. If He can do that for a life-long thief who expressed his faith in literally the last few moments of his life, He can do it for me.

Meri, You knew what denomination I was referencing by me highlighting the word, "your".
And I know it is Catholic dogma and practice.
This is what it ignores by anyone who does it:

Isaiah 8:19 And when they say to you, “Inquire of the mediums and the necromancers who chirp and mutter,” should not a people inquire of their God? Should they inquire of the dead on behalf of the living?​

Ecclesiastes 9:5-6 For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing​

Jesus said to let the dead bury the dead. You, come with me.

You can turn a blind eye to what the word of God says, by pretending it is a weapon, or you can grow from it. If not you, it may edify someone else...

Matthew 11:15 Anyone with ears to hear should listen and understand

Last edited:
And before they complain that Yeshua was perfect, so needed no time in purgatory, He took with him a perfect example of a saved person who would need a lot of time there. If He can do that for a life-long thief who expressed his faith in literally the last few moments of his life, He can do it for me.
It verifies this verse:
Romans 10:13-1 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

God wants every soul He can get His hands on. Jesus came to open the gate. That is why God doesn't wait for one second after we sin. He forgives us WHILE we are in the act of sinning to make sure Satan can't use it to condemn us with.

Romans 8: 1-2 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death.

Meri, You knew what denomination I was referencing by me highlighting the word, "your".
Shrug. I thought you were referencing my family members, who once pointed out to me they were not Protestants, but from a later denominations. Next time, perhaps give me a heads up that you are want me to know you are being snarky or sniping at me. In each new post, I tend to look for good will and a wish to discuss a point.
And I know it is Catholic dogma and practice.
This is what it ignores:
No. That is what you want Catholic dogma and practice to be. Asking any member of the Body of Christ to join one in prayer is not consulting necromancers or mediums. Nor is it an attempt to pull people back onto this plane of life.
Jesus said to let the dead bury the dead. You, come with me.

You can turn a blind eye to what the word of God says, by pretending it is a weapon, or you can grow from it. If not you, it may edify someone else...
The Body of Christ, including those who have passed on, are not dead. Do you understand what Jesus meant when he said, "Let the dead bury their dead"?

Shrug. I thought you were referencing my family members, who once pointed out to me they were not Protestants, but from a later denominations. Next time, perhaps give me a heads up that you are want me to know you are being snarky or sniping at me

No, you didn't. How would I know what your relatives pointed out once? Your "heads up" was made in this post by me to avoid any confusion:
Other "non-protestants" here ... How many relatives do you have posting here that got you all confused?
Snarky, or sniping would be naming names. In the Badlands, lol.

Consulting with the dead is necromancy.
Necromancy ~ the supposed practice of communicating with the dead.

The Body of Christ, including those who have passed on, are not dead

:eusa_doh:

Deuteronomy 18:11 ...Or a charmer or a medium or a necromancer or one who inquires of the dead.

^ If they are not dead, scratch that scripture out of your Bible.

And asking the dead for help is sooo unnecessary. Because of this, which is direct and to the point:

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus​

Last edited:
No, you didn't. How would I know what your relatives pointed out once? Your "heads up" was made in this post by me to avoid any confusion:
Other "non-protestants" here ... How many relatives do you have posting here that got you all confused?
Snarky, or sniping would be naming names. In the Badlands, lol.
For whatever reason you began taking offense at the the term I have been using here and elsewhere for years once people in my family and on other sites told me their preferred terminology. Just recently you let it be known you didn't like the term, so I made a mental note not to use it when responding to one of your posts.

When I saw your post, I thought, "How sweet...she recognizes some Christians are neither Protestant nor Catholic. Of course you set me straight quickly making it firmly known you were sniping at me. Now I know you were. But a heads up. In the future if you want me to know you are sniping at me, perhaps give me a snipe alert. Perhaps there is an emoji.

Yep, true story.

There's something about Catholicism that drives some anti-Catholic Protestant zealots to... loony tunes.

I mean, one anti-Catholic poster here comes to mind, but will remain un-named, but really they all say about the same thing... over and over and over ad nauseum, in fact

It's always: You Catholics worship Mary, not Jesus! (Who knew??)
and stuff like: You follow the pope instead of Jesus! (Who knew??)
and: You make up stuff that can't be found ANYWHERE in Scripture.

Then when you show them that Scriptures actually DO exist that support Catholic beliefs, like Mt 18:23 re Purgatory and etc,

What do we get in response

crickets
I don't give your cult any thought at all except when responding to your rants

Consulting with the dead is necromancy.
There is far more to necromancy than that. Back to Catholic practice and the alternative:

Those who don't wish to pray for those who have passed away or to consider them alive in Christ, the answer is simple. Don't.

There is far more to necromancy than that. Back to Catholic practice and the alternative:

Those who don't wish to pray for those who have passed away or to consider them alive in Christ, the answer is simple. Don't.
It doesn't matter how much more there is than that. That is enough to warrant not doing it.
Praying for someone is not the same as praying to someone. I pray that God be merciful to those who have passed without accepting the gift Christ offered us. I do not ask the dead to put in a good word for me. Jesus is our mediator, and there are no others.

For whatever reason you began taking offense at the the term I have been using here and elsewhere for years once people in my family and on other sites told me their preferred terminology. Just recently you let it be known you didn't like the term, so I made a mental note not to use it when responding to one of your posts.

When I saw your post, I thought, "How sweet...she recognizes some Christians are neither Protestant nor Catholic. Of course you set me straight quickly making it firmly known you were sniping at me. Now I know you were. But a heads up. In the future if you want me to know you are sniping at me, perhaps give me a snipe alert. Perhaps there is an emoji.

For what ever reason? I began? And, how long have I posted in this forum before taking offense? Years? Yes. That should tell you my nature.
You know darn well who started this anti-Catholic bs. I actually suggested that that person listen to you and buttercup, because of your natures. Sadly, you and please played right into it, and she leaves you to bear the brunt of it while she went after her detractors elsewhere. That tells you that person's nature. And everytime she condems any other ones to hell, I will be here to block that arrow. Feel free to join in if you feel the need.

For the record, I don't know of one Catholic in my town that doesn't believe that Christ is our Lord and Savior. And they love Him. Then they go live like they love Him by doing good deeds. And, they will be in Heaven, not because of the building they were in last Sunday, but because they confess with their mouths and believe in their hearts that Christ is the Son of God. < That is the crieteria for entering Heaven. The rest is just window dressing.
I say we all go back to asking questions, pointing out the blessings of God, and talking to the athiest. And let the, "you're just Catholic haters if you don't believe me" die on the vine...

Are they actually cannibals for eating and drinking the flesh and blood of Jesus on a regular basis?

Asking for a friend.
1. Cannibalism
  • simply put, it's the eating of human flesh, typically after a person has died.
  • The quantity of the flesh diminishes as it is being consumed
  • Digesting flesh results in physical nourishment, protein included.
  • Review: Cannibals consume the flesh of a dead person in a way that diminishes and profanes the corpse

2. In Eucharist,
  • Jesus is not dead but is a living sacrifice.
  • His substance is not diminished by consuming the Eucharist.
  • The eating does not result in practical physical nourishment on a natural level (although some have miraculously subsisted solely on the Eucharist), the purpose of the Eucharist is to provide spiritual nourishment.
  • Review: Jesus gives himself freely, and we consume his living body/blood/divinity in a way that mysteriously and miraculously does not diminish him but instead enhances our spiritual life.

Big difference there bro

For what ever reason? I began? And, how long have I posted in this forum before taking offense? Years? Yes. That should tell you my nature.
You know darn well who started this anti-Catholic bs. I actually suggested that that person listen to you and buttercup, because of your natures. Sadly, you and please played right into it, and she leaves you to bear the brunt of it while she went after her detractors elsewhere. That tells you that person's nature. And everytime she condems any other ones to hell, I will be here to block that arrow. Feel free to join in if you feel the need.

For the record, I don't know of one Catholic in my town that doesn't believe that Christ is our Lord and Savior. And they love Him. Then they go live like they love Him by doing good deeds. And, they will be in Heaven, not because of the building they were in last Sunday, but because they confess with their mouths and believe in their hearts that Christ is the Son of God. < That is the crieteria for entering Heaven. The rest is just window dressing.
I say we all go back to asking questions, pointing out the blessings of God, and talking to the athiest. And let the, "you're just Catholic haters if you don't believe me" die on the vine...
You lost me. I don't know what you are talking about. I am sorry you are so upset. I didn't know. My apologies.

Your understanding is that after people pass, no support, no encouragement, no remembrance is needed--or possible.
I don't know.
My best friend didn't believe that he was saved or that he needed to be.
He would listen, he understood, but he was orphaned when we were in high school, and what he had, he worked hard for. He was one of the most loved men in town. He helped everybody.
His heart started acting up. He was a manly man, pain bounced right off of him, but before he went into surgery, his friend, who happened to be a Presby preacher went into his room. And my friend told the preacher that he was in a lot of pain. That wasn't like him at all.
I hope he accepted Christ in that visit, because he died on the operating table.
I am afraid to ask if he accepted Christ because I am afraid he didn't. So, I pray for his soul, in case he didn't pray for it.
The Bible indicates that once they pass away their sin remains with them. And that they will be judged at the White Throne Judgment. So I pray for the mercy that is greater than sin.

Last edited:
You lost me. I don't know what you are talking about. I am sorry you are so upset. I didn't know. My apologies.
Not one bit upset. It doesn't upset me to share the gospel, it's an excellent opportunity.
You know why things suddenly took an acrimonious turn here.
I do object to the discord that has been caused "all of a sudden" by casting aspersions at posters who don't line up in one accord. The evolution of the disruption goes like this.
Protestants>>Non Catholics>>anti-Catholics>>you people>>Catholic Haters...
It's getting old.

1. Cannibalism
  • simply put, it's the eating of human flesh, typically after a person has died.
  • The quantity of the flesh diminishes as it is being consumed
  • Digesting flesh results in physical nourishment, protein included.
  • Review: Cannibals consume the flesh of a dead person in a way that diminishes and profanes the corpse

2. In Eucharist,
  • Jesus is not dead but is a living sacrifice.
  • His substance is not diminished by consuming the Eucharist.
  • The eating does not result in practical physical nourishment on a natural level (although some have miraculously subsisted solely on the Eucharist), the purpose of the Eucharist is to provide spiritual nourishment.
  • Review: Jesus gives himself freely, and we consume his living body/blood/divinity in a way that mysteriously and miraculously does not diminish him but instead enhances our spiritual life.

Big difference there bro

Jesus is definitely dead and gone from this world. If you believe in transubstantiation like good Catholics should, you believe it is not a wafer and wine symbolically consumed in memory if the Christ, but actual flesh and blood that is consumed.

Did Alexander the Great exist? You couldn't tell me.. you weren't there.

There is plenty of historical evidence that Alexander the Great existed and conquered a great number of countries. Other than the oral recitations of the disciples (before someone finally wrote them down) there is very little historical evidence that the Christ ever existed

You know why things suddenly took an acrimonious turn here.
Actually, I don't. I didn't even notice acrimonious. You had to point out you were being snarky and sniping at me. I actually thought you were respectfully acknowledging my family/friends who are neither Catholic nor Protestant. I thought that was sweet.

Jesus is definitely dead and gone from this world. If you believe in transubstantiation like good Catholics should, you believe it is not a wafer and wine symbolically consumed in memory if the Christ, but actual flesh and blood that is consumed.
I explained the difference. You ignored it. That’s fine, just move along.

Forum List

Back