Zone1 A lot of people here suffer from CDS: Catholic Derangement Syndrome

I didn't ignore that. You had to delve into a supernatural explanation and that is the only explanation.
You did ignore it, because your next post repeated your initial claim. I simply gave you practical and theological differences, which you acknowledge in one hand (like a good catholic) but then reject the other (it’s only supernatural)…

You’re making no sense

You're trying to rationalize Catholic Doctrine with supernaturalism mixed with symbolism.
What symbolism? You made your claim, I pointed out how the two are different in the faith, now you’re… ?? I don’t even know what you’re doing here

I didn't ignore that. You had to delve into a supernatural explanation and that is the only explanation.
It does take belief in God and what he has done for us in the past. Manna from heaven/God. Bread in God's presence, resulting in God's presence in the bread (Bread of the Presence). Jesus, come down from heaven, his assertion that while of human nature) he/his presence is one with God (divine nature), and his presence is also now with us, body, blood, and divinity. (Eucharistic Bread).

God is considered "supernatural" so explanations are going to stretch into that realm. But all of the above are also firmly rooted in the natural world. God in our midst; our reaching out to God.

It does take belief in God and what he has done for us in the past. Manna from heaven/God. Bread in God's presence, resulting in God's presence in the bread (Bread of the Presence). Jesus, come down from heaven, his assertion that while of human nature) he/his presence is one with God (divine nature), and his presence is also now with us, body, blood, and divinity. (Eucharistic Bread).

God is considered "supernatural" so explanations are going to stretch into that realm. But all of the above are also firmly rooted in the natural world. God in our midst; our reaching out to God.
I find symbolism more appealing than transubstantiation.

I find symbolism more appealing than transubstantiation.
I get that. My mom found bottle feeding more appealing that breastfeeding. Either way is nourishing one's child, but one is nourishing it with one's own body. (And it you want to make said child uncomfortable when s/he grows up, talk about it.)

Forum List

Back