Zone1 A lot of people here suffer from CDS: Catholic Derangement Syndrome

1miseryindex

Platinum Member
Nov 17, 2023
USA
Yep, true story.

There's something about Catholicism that drives some anti-Catholic Protestant zealots to... loony tunes.

I mean, one anti-Catholic poster here comes to mind, but will remain un-named, but really they all say about the same thing... over and over and over ad nauseum, in fact

It's always: You Catholics worship Mary, not Jesus! (Who knew??)
and stuff like: You follow the pope instead of Jesus! (Who knew??)
and: You make up stuff that can't be found ANYWHERE in Scripture.

Then when you show them that Scriptures actually DO exist that support Catholic beliefs, like Mt 18:23 re Purgatory and etc,

What do we get in response

crickets

Are they actually cannibals for eating and drinking the flesh and blood of Jesus on a regular basis?

Asking for a friend.
no, you are asking to cause trouble, is all. Some people are apparently never happy unless they are disturbing people or causing trouble

no, you are asking to cause trouble, is all. Some people are apparently never happy unless they are disturbing people or causing trouble
Transubstantiation is what good Catholics believe in, if that disturbs you or any Catholic for that matter, not my fault. It's not an answer to the question. Btw, I first heard the question from a Christian Brother when I was but a tadpole.

Yep, true story.

There's something about Catholicism that drives some anti-Catholic Protestant zealots to... loony tunes.

I mean, one anti-Catholic poster here comes to mind, but will remain un-named, but really they all say about the same thing... over and over and over ad nauseum, in fact

crickets
Just get on with what we see as your crack pot beliefs .
But do it quietly .
It is so irritating to constantly read the same rallying cries, because you have no audience outside of your fellow Cultists .

Fellow Gullibles share your view point .
But the Sane Ones find you boring and, like me now, get annoyed at themselves for even bothering to respond .

Transubstantiation is what good Catholics believe in, if that disturbs you or any Catholic for that matter, not my fault. It's not an answer to the question. Btw, I first heard the question from a Christian Brother when I was but a tadpole.
I don't even think I get your question, assuming there is one.

I've had it with the Catholic prejudice BS.

no wonder Catholics don't want to go to the other side, the protestant side... NO Charity there (unless you convert to protestantism, maybe... but that's not exactly unconditional "love" -- is it?) :rolleyes:

Yep, true story.

It's always: You Catholics worship Mary, not Jesus! (Who knew??)
and stuff like: You follow the pope instead of Jesus! (Who knew??)
and: You make up stuff that can't be found ANYWHERE in Scripture.

Then when you show them that Scriptures actually DO exist that support Catholic beliefs, like Mt 18:23 re Purgatory and etc,

crickets
well said!

I don't even think I get your question, assuming there is one.

I've had it with the Catholic prejudice BS.

no wonder Catholics don't want to go to the other side, the protestant side... NO Charity there (unless you convert to protestantism, maybe... but that's not exactly unconditional "love" -- is it?) :rolleyes:
Is it prejudice to ask about their beliefs in transubstantiation? Do you actually believe that the Eucharist become the body and blood of Jesus?

Is it prejudice to ask about their beliefs in transubstantiation? Do you actually believe that the Eucharist become the body and blood of Jesus?
Absolutely. I know tht happens. I know because His real, tangible Presence permeates the Church in which the Bread is kept. And things are quite different there in His Presence than

outside of the presence

Absolutely. I know tht happens. I know because His real, tangible Presence permeates the Church in which the Bread is kept. And things are quite different there in His Presence than

outside of the presence
I disagree. Nothing changes during the ritual. The wafer is still a wafer and the wine is still wine.

I disagree. Nothing changes during the ritual. The wafer is still a wafer and the wine is still wine.
says the one who has not spend time in the Real Presence

Geez... Sorry, but a lot of people here act SO stupid... intellectually DISHONEST

I myself would never say that some ... say, product or another, didn't work when I have not used it

So again, you are very likely here just to cause trouble

I read this far

I used to wonder the same thing and then I heard someone explain why the cannibalism trouble makers actually believe this. The clarity was AMAZING!

But I don't waste my time with trouble makers. I will share this incredible epiphany with you in a respectful environment, not a room full of smart-ass pot stirrers, who want a fight, not an answer.

Geez... Sorry, but a lot of people here act SO stupid... intellectually DISHONEST

I myself would never say that some ... say, product or another, didn't work when I have not used it

If they had spent time with the Real Presence, do you think they'd actually realize it?

Are they actually cannibals for eating and drinking the flesh and blood of Jesus on a regular basis?

Asking for a friend.
Following up on that, I want a solid answer, did the disciples consume actual human flesh and blood at the first Communion service? You'd think they would have remarked on that.

Following up on that, I want a solid answer, did the disciples consume actual human flesh and blood at the first Communion service? You'd think they would have remarked on that.

Was Jesus Christ only human flesh?

You have no standing to say another Christian's experience with God's presence is somehow less than yours just because you were in a certain building, as if God can be restricted to the confines of 4 walls and a ceiling.

Oh the Real Presence huh?

Well that's different. It is impossible to discuss beliefs in supernatural rituals with arguments like the Real Presence.

Never mind.

Was Jesus Christ only human flesh?

Of course not, what does that have to do with the question involved? Catholics believe the wine and bread literally become human flesh and blood, yet I have seen no analysis done that even suggests they are anything other than wine and bread. If you're trying to say that they are consuming a metaphor, why don't they say that? They insist it's actual flesh and blood, and since it's not, we look at them strangely.

Forum List

Back