Zone1 "This Generation Shall Not Pass...."

CarlinAnnArbor

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2016
Yes we CAN know when we're entering the "Last Days." Learn the lesson of the fig tree (it starts producing in May, in Israel)

his quote of Jesus in regards to the end times is found in Matthew 24:34; Mark 13:30; and Luke 21:32. Jesus said, “Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place.” The things that Jesus had been speaking of—the rise of the Antichrist, the desolation of the Holy Place, and the darkening of the sun—did not happen during the lifespan of people alive in Jesus’ day. Obviously, Jesus meant something different when He spoke of “this generation.”

This is THE RELIGION FORUM. Why do you not understand that?
YOu deleted the post I quoted.

1705798710299.png

I decided not to enable your trolling

I reported all off topic posts. I will no longer participate in your trolling -- especially in my own thread
What off topic trolling? I was responding directly to your post. You are the OP. How can that be off topic?

Yes we CAN know when we're entering the "Last Days." Learn the lesson of the fig tree (it starts producing in May, in Israel)

his quote of Jesus in regards to the end times is found in Matthew 24:34; Mark 13:30; and Luke 21:32. Jesus said, “Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place.” The things that Jesus had been speaking of—the rise of the Antichrist, the desolation of the Holy Place, and the darkening of the sun—did not happen during the lifespan of people alive in Jesus’ day. Obviously, Jesus meant something different when He spoke of “this generation.”

Maybe not. Jesus told his disciples the following:

Matthew 16:27-28
27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.
28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

To Peter, Jesus had the following conversation about the Apostle John:

John 21:20-24
20 Then Peter, turning about, seeth the disciple whom Jesus loved following; which also leaned on his breast at supper, and said, Lord, which is he that betrayeth thee?
21 Peter seeing him saith to Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man do?
22 Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me.
23 Then went this saying abroad among the brethren, that that disciple should not die: yet Jesus said not unto him, He shall not die; but, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee?
24 This is the disciple which testifieth of these things, and wrote these things: and we know that his testimony is true.

It is speculated that some time after the coming of Christ in His second coming, John would die, but not until then.

I don't know of one knowledgeable preacher that doesn't believe we are in the last chapter of the Bible.

They were all trained by Dallas Theological Seminary or Moody Institute..... or some offshoot.

It's all Darby and Hal Lindsey.

Like reading the thoughts of various witch doctors giving us their Mumbo Jumbo routines .
It's fortunate that burning at the stake has declined in popularity .

27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.
28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

20 Then Peter, turning about, seeth the disciple whom Jesus loved following; which also leaned on his breast at supper, and said, Lord, which is he that betrayeth thee?
22 Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me.
23 Then went this saying abroad among the brethren, that that disciple should not die: yet Jesus said not unto him, He shall not die; but, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee?
24 This is the disciple which testifieth of these things, and wrote these things: and we know that his testimony is true.

It is speculated that some time after the coming of Christ in His second coming, John would die, but not until then.

norwegen

Your thoughts?

I don't know of one knowledgeable preacher that doesn't believe we are in the last chapter of the Bible.
Wrong .
I preach .
That it is lunatic talk from very unbalanced individuals .
Many obsessional and psychotic .

Augustine stalks me. She "funnys" with every post but never a rebuttal

Matthew 24 34?
'This generation' refers to Jesus' contemporaries who would witness 'all these things' as outlined in verses 4-22 or 4-28, pointing to the destruction of the temple in 70 CE and everything leading up to it.

Wrong .
I preach .
That it is lunatic talk from very unbalanced individuals .
Many obsessional and psychotic .

They just have limited education. Darby's vision of the future was a fringe thing first taught in tent revivals to the poor during the Dust Bowl and Depression.

Most people use this verse to say Jesus was a false prophet, not understanding "this generation" is the generation when these events begin to take place QUICKLY. We CAN know the season. We are approaching it, if not already at the beginning

Forum List

Back