Zone1 Is the Canon of Scripture Closed and Can We Not Receive Any More Revelation From God?

Is the Canon of Scripture Closed and Can We Not Receive Any More Revelation From God?

• Total voters
This is your classic 'False question" and such are often the result of putting 2 statements in a premise.

SO this is just wrong by its wording
"it is closed and we cannot receive anymore revelations from God"
For 3 reasons
The Scriptures tell us that God gives revelations at all times
THe Canon is closed
Bet you don't know or can't defend which IS THE ACTUAL CANON (Catholics don't have this HUGE problem)

1712685863884.png

A "clear" message can be obscured by humans and their conflicting psychological states. "God", knowing what humans are like, would thus have to provide what would be the only avenue for getting through to at least some people. If it is a "mess", we can probably lay it at the feet of we perceivers, not the source of the signal.
That is not what I said. Logically, this is like 'partial inerrancy" of the BIble ( a foolish concept) it needs an inerrant authority anyway or you have no Faith to ascribe to

We are still seeking to understand what has already been revealed through scripture.

Damn, some of you people worry about the oddest things when it comes to religion......And some wonder why I prefer keeping religion at arm's length.
ONe of your unthking dumb childish statements "at arm's length' which can only mean one of two things

1) You don't care about God , whom no one should keep 'At arm's length'
OR
2) You don't really accept any view about ultimate things except your own view but you would like to appear nice, liberal, open-minded, tolerant

You strike me as the kind of person that won't wake up until a big fat tragedy makes you stop being such blowhard.
And really !!! who cares what you think :)

ONe of your unthking dumb childish statements "at arm's length' which can only mean one of two things

1) You don't care about God , whom no one should keep 'At arm's length'
OR
2) You don't really accept any view about ultimate things except your own view but you would like to appear nice, liberal, open-minded, tolerant

You strike me as the kind of person that won't wake up until a big fat tragedy makes you stop being such blowhard.
And really !!! who cares what you think :)
Evidently you do for some odd reason....No idea why. :dunno:

Forum List

Back