500+ Scientists Write U.N.: ‘There Is No Climate Emergency’

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
More than 500 scientists and professionals in climate and related fields have sent a “European Climate Declaration” to the Secretary-General of the United Nations asking for a long-overdue, high-level, open debate on climate change.

Just as 16-year-old Swedish climate activist Greta Thunberg addressed the U.N. Climate Action Summit in New York accusing world leaders of robbing her of her future, scientists were begging the United Nations to keep hysteria from obscuring facts.

“Climate science should be less political, while climate policies should be more scientific,” the declaration states. “Scientists should openly address the uncertainties and exaggerations in their predictions of global warming, while politicians should dispassionately count the real benefits as well as the imagined costs of adaptation to global warming, and the real costs as well as the imagined benefits of mitigation.”

The scientists underscored the importance of not rushing into enormously expensive climate action before fully ascertaining the facts.

“There is no statistical evidence that global warming is intensifying hurricanes, floods, droughts and suchlike natural disasters, or making them more frequent,” they declared. “However, CO2-mitigation measures are as damaging as they are costly. For instance, wind turbines kill birds and bats, and palm-oil plantations destroy the biodiversity of the rainforests.”

The signatories of the declaration also insist that public policy must respect scientific and economic realities and not just reflect the most fashionable frenzy of the day.

“There is no climate emergency. Therefore, there is no cause for panic and alarm,” they note. “We strongly oppose the harmful and unrealistic net-zero CO2 policy proposed for 2050.”

(Excerpt) Read more at breitbart.com ...

------------

But this isn’t about climate change. It’s about destroying Western progress and giving all power to a global Leftist government that will try to eradicate liberty for “the common good.”

And the MEDIA will ignore it, so no public outcry. What a scam.

They tried this "500 Scientists" BS in 2008 and it was a HOAX.

https://skepticalscience.com/500-scientists-global-warming-consensus.htm

Wasn't true, many weren't scientists, but Red State Weather men they called "professionals".
Some couldn't be found, etc.

`

`

I see a typical deflection from the 2019 declaration which are signed by 500 REAL people with REAL science backgrounds, to an old story of 8 years ago that is completely irrelevant to THIS thread.

It is clear you are nakedly desperate here....

:cul2:

I see a typical deflection from the 2019 declaration which are signed by 500 REAL people with REAL science backgrounds, to an old story of 8 years ago that is completely irrelevant to THIS thread.

I see only about a dozen here.
And the document, like the last, also uses the word "professionals." In what?
Didn't check any, but of course notice Monckton, who is an infamous buffoon and NOT a scientist, and never had a peer reviewed paper.

LOFL
I'm not going to spend more time checking the other dozen or so.

Bumped. Below are three important claims that form part of the European Climate Declaration.

A group of 500-some scientists and professionals signed on to the “European Climate Declaration” that was released last week. This simple, short, and understandable statement proposed how analysis of any public policy issue involving complex science should be approached from a reasoned, fact-based perspective.
One: “The world has warmed at less than half the originally predicted rate, and at less than half the rate to be expected on the basis of net anthropogenic forcing and radiative imbalance. It tells us that we are far from understanding climate change.”

Two: “Climate models have many shortcomings and are not remotely plausible as policy tools. Moreover, they most likely exaggerate the effect of greenhouse gases such as CO2. In addition, they ignore the fact that enriching the atmosphere with CO2 is beneficial.”

Three: “There is no climate emergency. Therefore, there is no cause for panic and alarm. We strongly oppose the harmful and unrealistic net-zero CO2 policy proposed for 2050. If better approaches emerge, we will have ample time to reflect and adapt. The aim of international policy should be to provide reliable and affordable energy at all times, and throughout the world.”

'There Is No Climate Emergency': Scientists Call for Reasoned Debate

I see only about a dozen here.
Didn't check any, but of course notice Monckton, who is an infamous buffoon and NOT a scientist, and never had a peer reviewed paper.

LOFL
I'm not going to spend more time checking the other dozen or so.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Don't you ever get tired of being lazy and stupid?

The link I posted HERE at post 8, has ALL 500 names in it, many with hard science degrees, and high end jobs.

Try again:

2019 declaration which are signed by 500 REAL people with REAL science backgrounds

I see that Mamooth didn't look in the link either, the kitty big mouth bias is so obvious, it is why you are ignorant and dumb as hell.

Last edited:
Uh Tommy, You Reactionary Hypersensitive little psychopath, I was not debating the topic.
Just pointing out it was duplicate (by 'The Purge'), so they moved into the now united thread.
Take a couple valium.

`

Last edited:
Uh Tommy, You Reactionary Hypersensitive little psychopath, I was not debating the topic.
Just pointing out it was duplicate.
Take a couple valium.

`

Now I am wondering if you are manipulated BOT since you manage to miss post NINE, which is yours below, which is a reply to post 8, which is mine:

Your brain dead statement from post 9,

"I see only about a dozen here.

LOFL
I'm not going to spend more time checking the other dozen or so."

=================================

You have entered galaxy class level of stupidity, you have serious brain problems made visible here, really you are sooooo mentally deficient when you seem to forget post 8 over and over, the one with 500 names listed in it.

There are FIVE HUNDRED NAMES in that link you clearly refused to look at, you talk about a dozen or two......

For the THIRD time, here is the link to the 500 names listed in it

2019 declaration which are signed by 500 REAL people with REAL science backgrounds

You should be admitted to a mental health facility, and soon!

Last edited:
Just pointing out it was duplicate to the Sept 24 one. (now seen as dead when looking at the section)
Take a couple valium.

`

Now I am wondering if you are manipulated BOT since you manage to miss post NINE, which is yours below, in reply to post 8, which is mine:

Your brain dead statement from post 9,

LOFL

=================================

You have entered galaxy class level of stupidity, you have serious brain problems made visible here, really you are sooooo mentally deficient when you seem to forget post 8 over and over, the one with 500 names listed in it.

There are FIVE HUNDRED NAMES in that link you clearly refused to look at, you talk about a dozen or two......

For the THIRD time, here is the link to the 500 names listed in it

You should be admitted to a mental health facility, and soon!
You're a Psychopath.
They merged the threads. I did NOT make any additional content except the post pointing out it was a Duplicate.(now #12) and then reported it.
That Duplicate can now be seen as dead thread when looking at the section overall.
Now stop hogging the keyboard and give the other patients a chance.
bye

“There is no climate emergency. Therefore, there is no cause for panic and alarm,” they note. “We strongly oppose the harmful and unrealistic net-zero CO2 policy proposed for 2050.”

so who's payroll are these folks on?

~S~

Abu Afak is desperately trying to hide his obvious lies and stupidity, he doesn't know when to stop shooting his toes off.

You're a Psychopath.
They merged the threads. I did NOT make any more content except the post pointing out it was a Duplicate. and then reported it.
Now stop hogging the keyboard and give the other patients a chance.
bye

Oh brainless one, they MERGED it earlier than today!

Sunsettommy Post 8 time line: Monday at 10:31 AM

Abu Afak, Post 9 time line: Monday at 6:29 PM

Post 9 is EIGHT hours later than post 8!

Your post 9 is a REPLY to my post 8:

"Sunsettommy said:

It is clear you are nakedly desperate here...."

LOFL

============================

By the way my Post 8 is a REPLY to YOUR post 5........................... :21:

Your stupidity is now off the charts........, you still persist in a dozen or so names bullcrap. You still persist in the bogus thread merging deflection.

Last edited:

so who's payroll are these folks on?

~S~
Common sense and not Communists sponsoring their corruption!
Settled-Science-600-LA.jpg

IMG]

Forum List

Back