Zone1 Why Does God Allow Us to Suffer?

My fiancee and I currently feel abandoned by God with some real life struggles and are currently feeling miserable about it.

We're both wondering if He loves us so much then why does it currently seem like He's ignoring our prayers and allowing us to suffer without getting any answers whether they be yes or no? Just some kind of acknowledgement at least that He's listening.

I thought that Jesus was supposed to answer when you called on His name, but I called for Him until I was blue in the face last night and still nothing. 😞
Sometimes the answer is wait, when i think of struggles, I try to compare them to what Jesus went through so I could be saved, and reconciled to the Father. Prayers for you

He hasn't changed, he's always been in your imagination. That which has changed is you and your fiance.

Put your marriage plans on hold and watch he closely to determine if she is a true and literal believer.
This isn't a thread about telling them not to believe

This is a public forum. Not an exclusive club. All opinions are valid.
My question is why would you even bother, and I answered my own question, you do believe you have just buried and suppressed your belief, then you have no accountability for your sin or at least you think!@

My fiancee and I currently feel abandoned by God with some real life struggles and are currently feeling miserable about it.

We're both wondering if He loves us so much then why does it currently seem like He's ignoring our prayers and allowing us to suffer without getting any answers whether they be yes or no? Just some kind of acknowledgement at least that He's listening.

I thought that Jesus was supposed to answer when you called on His name, but I called for Him until I was blue in the face last night and still nothing. 😞

God is bound to the same Covenant saying that you need faith to be saved. Though some chosen may see miracles and such under the allowance of Law, the mass majority won't see anything but have to believe with faith in order to be saved as defined by the Covenant.

You tempt your responders to a sort of cold unfeeling response and that biases things in your favor. But you will find huge numbers of believers who went through that. In Catholic theology it is the Dark Night. That is what you should already know. Jesus Himself felt abandoned but KNEW He wasn't.

From my tradition:
"The key to withstanding this painful purgation is to remain faithful to the precepts and tenets of the Catholic Church. At times, rote prayer is all the darkened soul can clutch, and yet when one remains faithful to God throughout this excruciating darkness, the unseen favors and graces bestowed upon this soul are unfathomable.

At some point, a person begins to love God for His own sake, rather than indulging in the conditional love that was once based upon favors granted, prayers answered, and consolations freely offered."

The bottom line is this is a painful but very good process you are going through. I have been there. Hold on.

Before the 2016 election, i was wondering also how God would allow such crap to happen with 8 years of the brown turd Obammy and his at the time worst economy ever, beating out Jimmy the peanut Carter. Then on the way to a patriotic event, this happened. Signs are all over the place, just have to get ready for the rapture...

View attachment 878997
I got my best thoughts on that from Edmund Burke on the Frenc Revolution and Lincoln on the Civil War.
Two big things stand out
1)We have no idea what God's Providence is doing with what He says is wrong but it happened anyway.
So Lincoln is excellent when he says :
“Fondly do we hope, fervently do we pray, that this mighty scourge of war may speedily pass away. Yet, if God wills that it continue until all the wealth piled by the bondsman's two hundred and fifty years of unrequited toil shall be sunk, and until every drop of blood drawn with the lash shall be paid by another drawn with the sword, as was said three thousand years ago, so still it must be said "the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.”

2)Burke said that he must fight the evil of the French Revolution til the day he dies and that is his Christian duty BUT he also acknowledged thta God might for His own purposes let the Revolution continue and even succeed.

So I think Biden evil because he calls himself Catholic and pushes abortion.
Like Judas, better, far better that he leave Catholicism then stay around to play the traitor. BOth Lincoln and Burke would LOATHE Biden

You tempt your responders to a sort of cold unfeeling response and that biases things in your favor. But you will find huge numbers of believers who went through that. In Catholic theology it is the Dark Night. That is what you should already know. Jesus Himself felt abandoned but KNEW He wasn't.

From my tradition:
"The key to withstanding this painful purgation is to remain faithful to the precepts and tenets of the Catholic Church. At times, rote prayer is all the darkened soul can clutch, and yet when one remains faithful to God throughout this excruciating darkness, the unseen favors and graces bestowed upon this soul are unfathomable.

At some point, a person begins to love God for His own sake, rather than indulging in the conditional love that was once based upon favors granted, prayers answered, and consolations freely offered."

The bottom line is this is a painful but very good process you are going through. I have been there. Hold on.

I'm impressed. I almost could have written the same thing with only a few minor differences.

What I really love about the Catholic faith (not the only thing of course) is their teaching about offering up sufferings to God for a certain purpose, like expiation of the residue that lingers from mortal sin (and it seems there is plenty residue there if one does not expiate it fully)

The problem with protestantism is that, for one, it is way too simplistic about how one gets to Heaven. They never seem to have an answer , or a good one anyhow, as to why we suffer and what God may want us to do with the suffering. But it can be offered up to get thesouls in Purgatory to Heaven, to expiate the bad residue left on our soul from egregious sin (or any sin), etc...

There is a reason God gives us extreme weather. I tend to think the reason is (see above).

The rich don't seem to suffer much but even they can get caught in extreme weather situations and other uncomfortable things..

Forum List

Back