Zone1 "God is a sadist," some poster here said, but it looks like... Maybe he's actually a "masochist"?

That is one of the craziest things I've ever read on this forum

You don't apparently know human nature? Human nature avoids ANY and ALL suffering if possible.
That's the most dorkiest and stupidest things I've ever read in this forum. Human nature is by its nature carnal and devilish. Look around you. Even so-called Christians often these days live in sin by having sexual relations that are not their legally and lawfully wedded opposite sex spouses. LGBTQ is being accepted by those 95%ers that are not LGBTQ. It's a literal cesspool out there. And the belief in Jesus Christ is dwindling in America and around the world. Whether on purpose or not, 8 billion people are attempting to make Christ suffer for them a lot every day if your kind of understanding of the Bible is correct. Glad that it is not correct.

No. And as per my policy, I will not pursue the lie. The OP said nothing of the sort.
We have a God given brain to logically reason. He’s Catholic. He thinks Jesus suffers millions if it billions of times a day. And you priests keep making him die over and over so you can eat his flesh again and again. Eeewwuuu.

We have a God given brain to logically reason. He’s Catholic. He thinks Jesus suffers millions if it billions of times a day. And you priests keep making him die over and over so you can eat his flesh again and again. Eeewwuuu.
never ceases to amaze me how IGNORANT people are of Catholcism... would rather believe all the lies about it than investigate the TRUTH

that takes time and effort so there's that.

Stop commenting on a religion you have no clue about. It just stands to reason there would be ubiquitous LYING about the True Church. Jesus warned us...

You may want to check out John 6:27-72

which is where Jesus talks about

guess what?

Eating His flesh

EEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

:rolleyes:

never ceases to amaze me how IGNORANT people are of Catholcism... would rather believe all the lies about it than investigate the TRUTH

that takes time and effort so there's that.

Stop commenting on a religion you have no clue about. It just stands to reason there would be ubiquitous LYING about the True Church. Jesus warned us...

You may want to check out John 6:27-72

which is where Jesus talks about

guess what?

Eating His flesh

EEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

:rolleyes:
He was saying that the bread represented His flesh. Catholics have made a mockery of this scripture. If you would consider not taking that scripture out of context, he later explains that it is only for remembrance in what he is going to do through the atonement process for us to remember our baptismal covenants. That can be done without mystical nonsense of causing continuous suffering for Jesus Christ.

I don't remember who said God is a sadist, but I couldn't entirely disagree because it seems He allows people to suffer an awful lot before relieving them of it, which seems to always happen at death, when the person either goes to Purgatory or Heaven. Of course if you go to Purgatory, which is a painful place, you WILL go to Heaven (where all suffering ceases) once your sinful condition is rectified... We sinners have to go through changes before we are fit for such a holy Place.

But anyhow, it looks like God is something of a masochist, actually. He suffers when we suffer. So to allow us to suffer means inflicting suffering on Himself. And I have NO idea why he does that. If I were God, I'd abolish all suffering. I guess He does, but again, He waits until we get into Heaven, apparently.

Jesus said "Whatever you do to the least of My people, you do to Me." (Mt 25:31-46)

So, yeh, Jesus is still on the Cross suffering, and does so in the lives of millions of people. I mean, it sounds very strange but show me where I'm wrong...
:eusa_doh:Where to start!
No purgatory. Believers go straight up. Purgatory means Christ's work on the cross is incomplete.
2 Corinth. 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord

And I am glad to prove you wrong about Christ still being on the cross. That is a lie and an insult to Christ. An absolute lie:
Hebrews 10:12-13But when Christ had offered for all time a single sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God, waiting from that time until his enemies should be made a footstool for his feet.”

Last edited:
No purgatory. Believers go straight up. Purgatory means Christ's work on the cross is incomplete.
2 Corinth. 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord

And I am glad to prove you wrong about Christ still being on the cross. That is a lie and an insult to Christ. An absolute lie:
Hebrews 10:12-13But when Christ had offered for all time a single sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God, waiting from that time until his enemies should be made a footstool for his feet.”
Thanks! I was looking for that verse and didn’t remember where it was. Those that think Christ suffers over and over are insensitive. Down right dumb too.

So, yeh, Jesus is still on the Cross suffering, and does so in the lives of millions of people. I mean, it sounds very strange but show me where I'm wrong...
ok. It sounds strange because it isn't true.

Back then when a person paid a debt that was owed, he received a folded piece of paper. On the inside was the nature of the debt. When paid, the paper was folded and on the front of the paper was stamped the word, TETELESTAI. It is the same word Christ uttered on the cross before He died.
It means, PAID IN FULL.
Finished, once, for all...

Last edited:
So you don't believe Matthew 25:31

where Jesus essentially says that when we suffer HE suffers?

Well, that is not surprising. The mormons have their own "bible"

ok. It sounds strange because it isn't true.

Back then when a person paid a debt that was owed, he received a folded piece of paper. On the inside was the nature of the debt. When paid, the paper was folded and on the front of the paper was stamped the word, TETELESTAI. It is the same word Christ uttered on the cross before He died.
It means, PAID IN FULL.
Finished, once, for all...

That is not in the Bible, so once again a non Catholic defies Scripture, then claims to go by it!

If Jesus paid the entire price to the extent you believe, to the extent that there is nothing to be added to it at all

Then answer this Q

WHY do Christians suffer, often egregiously, in this world?

If you say you don't suffer, I'm done w/ you. If you say Jesus is not WITH you ---and everyone else who suffers----

ditto.

Sorry, I believe the CHURCH Christ founded

not some yahoo human being I don't know from Adam.

I do know Jesus. I don't know you at all.

And those scriptures prove NOTHING of what you believe. Of course we are present w/ the Lord when absent the body, like at death. But for one thing, you have to realize this was a very saintly person saying this. You do not come across as saintly, to say the least. I know, you can evolve and some day... but right now, you don't sound saintly.

Then there is another thing: EVERYONE is with the Lord after death. You will meet Him and be judged by Him. That scripture does not say what happens AFTER you have this Meeting w/ Him

If Jesus paid the entire price to the extent you believe, to the extent that there is nothing to be added to it at all
lol. So, what percentage of your sin did Christ fail to pay for? Half? Some? Most?

He paid for all of mine!:woohoo:
Romans 8-1 “Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, (except for you) because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death.” (except for you)
Because:
Hebrews 10:12-13But when Christ had offered for all time a single sacrifice for sins, (except for you, of course) he sat down at the right hand of God, waiting from that time until his enemies should be made a footstool for his feet.”

Why there is suffering here on earth:

The LORD said to Satan, “Where have you come from?” Satan answered the LORD, “From roaming throughout the earth, going back and forth on it.”

1 Peter 5: 8-9 Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings.

Since you don't believe Christ, you had better get to work!

Last edited:
So you don't believe Matthew 25:31

where Jesus essentially says that when we suffer HE suffers?

Well, that is not surprising. The mormons have their own "bible"
No, the LDS do not have our own Bible. There is but one Bible with the OT and NT in it. What we have is another scripture witness that Jesus is the Messiah. The Bible supports this possibility in Ezekiel and Isaiah.
When Jesus made the Atonement, he took upon the sins and suffering of all those who repent and accept Him as their Savior of those past, present and future. Paul said it that he did this only for ONE time. Hebrews 10:12-13.

you have to realize this was a very saintly person saying this.

1 Cor.1: 1-3 To the church of Corinth,< (not the Vatican) to those who are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all (except for you) who in every place call on the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours. Grace and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ..

Last edited:
Then there is another thing: EVERYONE is with the Lord after death. You will meet Him and be judged by Him. That scripture does not say what happens AFTER you have this Meeting w/ Him
No, everyone is NOT with the Lord after death. Those that do not belong to Him will not see Him until the White Throne Judgment.

Those who do belong to Him will be in Heaven. So, tell me. If God doesn't remember your sin, what are you going to be judged for? Or is God a liar?
Jeremiah 31:34 I will forgive their iniquity, and THEIR SIN I WILL REMEMBER NO MORE. Hebrews 8:12 and 10:17 THEIR SINS AND LAWLESS DEEDS I WILL REMEMBER NO MORE
Isaiah 43:25 “I, I am he who blots out your transgressions for my own sake, and I will not remember your sins
Psalm 103:12 As far as the east is from the west, so far does he remove our transgressions from us
Isaiah 1:18 “Come now, let us reason together, says the Lord: though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow
Isaiah 44:22 I have blotted out your transgressions like a cloud and your sins like mist

^ I could do that 100 times.

So, Sin cannot enter Heaven, and yet those that belong to Christ are in Heaven. That is because we are sin free, thanks to Jesus.
Can you tell me what we are judged for once we are there? I'll give you a hint. It involves crowns, not condemnation...

No, everyone is NOT with the Lord after death. Those that do not belong to Him will not see Him until the White Throne Judgment.

Those who do belong to Him will be in Heaven. So, tell me. If God doesn't remember your sin, what are you going to be judged for? Or is God a liar?
Jeremiah 31:34 I will forgive their iniquity, and THEIR SIN I WILL REMEMBER NO MORE. Hebrews 8:12 and 10:17 THEIR SINS AND LAWLESS DEEDS I WILL REMEMBER NO MORE
Isaiah 43:25 “I, I am he who blots out your transgressions for my own sake, and I will not remember your sins
Psalm 103:12 As far as the east is from the west, so far does he remove our transgressions from us
Isaiah 1:18 “Come now, let us reason together, says the Lord: though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow
Isaiah 44:22 I have blotted out your transgressions like a cloud and your sins like mist

^ I could do that 100 times.

So, Sin cannot enter Heaven, and yet those that belong to Christ are in Heaven. That is because we are sin free, thanks to Jesus.
Can you tell me what we are judged for once we are there? I'll give you a hint. It involves crowns, not condemnation...
Who are those who belong to Him? Jesus also said no one can enter the Kingdom of God without being baptized with water and the Holy Ghost.

Forum List

Back