Zone1 "God is a sadist," some poster here said, but it looks like... Maybe he's actually a "masochist"?

Those who do belong to Him will be in Heaven. So, tell me. If God doesn't remember your sin, what are you going to be judged for? Or is God a liar?
Jeremiah 31:34 I will forgive their iniquity, and THEIR SIN I WILL REMEMBER NO MORE. Hebrews 8:12 and 10:17 THEIR SINS AND LAWLESS DEEDS I WILL REMEMBER NO MORE
Isaiah 43:25 “I, I am he who blots out your transgressions for my own sake, and I will not remember your sins
Psalm 103:12 As far as the east is from the west, so far does he remove our transgressions from us
Isaiah 1:18 “Come now, let us reason together, says the Lord: though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow
Isaiah 44:22 I have blotted out your transgressions like a cloud and your sins like mist
I didn't understand your comments so erased a lot of them

These Scriptures do NOT, repeat DO NOT contradict me, though you seem to think they do (because you want to think that).

These scriptures say that God will remember our sins no more. But HOW?

How is not mentioned.

Catholics know the How of it. But you don't listen to Catholics so I'm outa here

Who are those who belong to Him? Jesus also said no one can enter the Kingdom of God without being baptized with water and the Holy Ghost.
But that is not ALL one has to do. One has to give up sin, which is easier said than done. One has to be a member of Christ's Church, which has the means of salvation and no other "church" so called does. Other Christian "churches" have some of the truth, Christ's Church, the only Church.. has ALL of it, or all that is necessary in any case

I didn't understand your comments so erased a lot of them

These Scriptures do NOT, repeat DO NOT contradict me, though you seem to think they do (because you want to think that).

These scriptures say that God will remember our sins no more. But HOW?

How is not mentioned.

Catholics know the How of it. But you don't listen to Catholics so I'm outa here
:omg: HOW??????
Christ on the cross. That's how. No rosary required.
While your gone, I'd suggest you put the beads down and pick up a Bible...

1John 2:1-2 He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world”

I don't remember who said God is a sadist, but I couldn't entirely disagree because it seems He allows people to suffer an awful lot before relieving them of it, which seems to always happen at death, when the person either goes to Purgatory or Heaven. Of course if you go to Purgatory, which is a painful place, you WILL go to Heaven (where all suffering ceases) once your sinful condition is rectified... We sinners have to go through changes before we are fit for such a holy Place.

But anyhow, it looks like God is something of a masochist, actually. He suffers when we suffer. So to allow us to suffer means inflicting suffering on Himself. And I have NO idea why he does that. If I were God, I'd abolish all suffering. I guess He does, but again, He waits until we get into Heaven, apparently.

Jesus said "Whatever you do to the least of My people, you do to Me." (Mt 25:31-46)

So, yeh, Jesus is still on the Cross suffering, and does so in the lives of millions of people. I mean, it sounds very strange but show me where I'm wrong...
A Little logic will make you scatter like a bug when the lights come in.
If God is the Creator (as He must be) then He precedes literally everything and everybody, so there could be no sadism or masochism unless God isn't God, that is, God must be fully His own Beatitude and could only have created out of free choice and not necessity.
So you make 3 errors. at any rate that line of argument destroys itself. God wants to share His Beatitude , not unlike the parents who lovel the child more than they dislike the problems.

So you make 3 errors. at any rate that line of argument destroys itself.
You make just one big total blunder .
Absolutely no logic in your Post .
It 's Gobbledygook.
But if Gobbledygook keeps your head above water , go for it .
Better luck next life .

But that is not ALL one has to do. One has to give up sin, which is easier said than done. One has to be a member of Christ's Church, which has the means of salvation and no other "church" so called does. Other Christian "churches" have some of the truth, Christ's Church, the only Church.. has ALL of it, or all that is necessary in any case
Wrong, again.

Romans 10:9-10 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.
^
One need not be a member of any church to achieve salvation.

So, once more, show me the scripture where Christ will lay down His Jewish prayer shawl, and pick up a rosary. Or the scripture that Christ will rule and reign from the Vatican when He returns.
Of the churches that Christ addressed in Rev., the Catholic Church doesn't even get an honorable mention.
YOUR SAVIOR IS NOT CATHOLIC. HE IS A JEWISH RABBI AND WILL REMAIN SO FOR ETERNITY IN JERUSALEM:

Psalm 132:13-14 For the Lord has chosen Zion, he has desired it for his dwelling, saying, “This is my resting place for ever and ever; here I will sit enthroned, for I have desired it.

:omg: HOW??????
Christ on the cross. That's how. No rosary required.
While your gone, I'd suggest you put the beads down and pick up a Bible...

1John 2:1-2 He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world”

:banghead:

What do you think the rosary is ABOUT anyway?

It is about Christ... on the Cross (Sorrowful Mysteries), before the Cross (the angel announces to Mary), before He was conceived in Mary's womb (Joyful mysteries).

Wrong, again.

Romans 10:9-10
You know.. You are like SO many hard headed protestants (more of them than open minded, to be sure!) . You just want to play Gotcha with Catholics. You don't appear to really care about THE TRUTH

So I am going to abstain from responding any further. I mean, no one wants to talk to a wall... (no sane person anyhow)

:banghead:

What do you think the rosary is ABOUT anyway?

It is about Christ... on the Cross (Sorrowful Mysteries), before the Cross (the angel announces to Mary), before He was conceived in Mary's womb (Joyful mysteries).
Out of Christ's mouth:
Matthew 6:7, Jesus declares, “In praying, do not babble (vain repetition) like the pagans, who think that they will be heard because of their many words,

Just talk to him from your heart, not your fingers and someone else's prayer.

You know.. You are like SO many hard headed protestants (more of them than open minded, to be sure!) . You just want to play Gotcha with Catholics. You don't appear to really care about THE TRUTH

So I am going to abstain from responding any further. I mean, no one wants to talk to a wall... (no sane person anyhow)
lol So, you just flat out refuse to tell me when Christ will take his place on the Vatican throne?

Out of Christ's mouth:
Matthew 6:7, Jesus declares, “In praying, do not babble (vain repetition) like the pagans, who think that they will be heard because of their many words,
The rosary is NOT for "being heard"!

It is for LISTENING to the Holy Spirit

Learn the material before commenting

I don't disagree with anything. So, the question is, can one stop sinning? The answer is no. We all fall short the Glory of Christ. Therefore, it's expedient that all should repent every day. It may be very small sins like being lazy or you let a vain word slip from your lips. But, repentance is the gift of the atonement because he died for our sins if we repent and be baptized by water and the spirit.
The other question is, "who is the true Church?" You can't just say you are because you've been around the longest. People who have been good Christians all their lives can slip up at the end and lose out on Eternal Life. Nor, can you claim succession from Peter as well. Why? Because all churches that splintered off from your church can make that same claim.
There's an old sales close technique called The Ben Franklin Close. It's where you draw a "T" on paper and then on one side is the competition's truth and on the other side is your truth. It's either the RCC or the LDS Church. No other stands with truth. Put the key elements side by side on the "T" and see what you get. Here are 17 points I'd put under the LDS side. See if you can match any of it:
  • Jesus Christ organized the Church (Eph 4:11-14)
  • The true Church must bear the Name of Jesus Christ (Eph 5:23)
  • The true Church must have a foundation of Apostles and Prophets (Eph 2:19-20)
  • The true Church must have the same organization as Christ’s original Church (Eph 4:11-14)
  • The true Church must claim divine authority (Heb 5:4-10)
  • The true Church must have no paid local ministry (1 Cor 9:16-18; Acts 20:33-34)
  • The true Church must baptize by immersion in water (Matt 3:13-16)
  • The true Church must bestow the gift of the Holy Ghost by the laying on of hands (Acts 8:14-17)
  • The true Church must practice divine healing (Mark 3:14-15)
  • The true Church must teach that God and Jesus are separate and distinct individuals (John 17:11; 20:17)
  • The true Church must teach that God and Jesus have bodies of flesh and bone (Luke 23:36-39;
  • Acts 1:9-11; Heb 1:1-3)
  • The true Church officers must be called by God (Heb 4:4; Ex 28:1; Ex 40:13-16)
  • The true Church must claim revelation from God (Amos 3:7)
  • The true Church must be a missionary Church (Matt 28:19-20)
  • The true Church must be a restored Church (Acts 3:19-20)
  • The true Church must practice baptism for the dead (1 Cor 15:16 and 29)
  • The true Church must teach “By their fruits ye shall know them” (Matt 7:20)

I don't disagree with anything. So, the question is, can one stop sinning? The answer is no. We all fall short the Glory of Christ. Therefore, it's expedient that all should repent every day. It may be very small sins like being lazy or you let a vain word slip from your lips. But, repentance is the gift of the atonement because he died for our sins if we repent and be baptized by water and the spirit.
The other question is, "who is the true Church?" You can't just say you are because you've been around the longest. People who have been good Christians all their lives can slip up at the end and lose out on Eternal Life. Nor, can you claim succession from Peter as well. Why? Because all churches that splintered off from your church can make that same claim.
There's an old sales close technique called The Ben Franklin Close. It's where you draw a "T" on paper and then on one side is the competition's truth and on the other side is your truth. It's either the RCC or the LDS Church. No other stands with truth. Put the key elements side by side on the "T" and see what you get. Here are 17 points I'd put under the LDS side. See if you can match any of it:
  • Jesus Christ organized the Church (Eph 4:11-14)
  • The true Church must bear the Name of Jesus Christ (Eph 5:23)
  • The true Church must have a foundation of Apostles and Prophets (Eph 2:19-20)
  • The true Church must have the same organization as Christ’s original Church (Eph 4:11-14)
  • The true Church must claim divine authority (Heb 5:4-10)
  • The true Church must have no paid local ministry (1 Cor 9:16-18; Acts 20:33-34)
  • The true Church must baptize by immersion in water (Matt 3:13-16)
  • The true Church must bestow the gift of the Holy Ghost by the laying on of hands (Acts 8:14-17)
  • The true Church must practice divine healing (Mark 3:14-15)
  • The true Church must teach that God and Jesus are separate and distinct individuals (John 17:11; 20:17)
  • The true Church must teach that God and Jesus have bodies of flesh and bone (Luke 23:36-39;
  • Acts 1:9-11; Heb 1:1-3)
  • The true Church officers must be called by God (Heb 4:4; Ex 28:1; Ex 40:13-16)
  • The true Church must claim revelation from God (Amos 3:7)
  • The true Church must be a missionary Church (Matt 28:19-20)
  • The true Church must be a restored Church (Acts 3:19-20)
  • The true Church must practice baptism for the dead (1 Cor 15:16 and 29)
  • The true Church must teach “By their fruits ye shall know them” (Matt 7:20)

This is your opinion.

I go by facts, history, logic and probably best of all, my personal experiences, which are not as subjective as they may sound. There is much I have not figured out about God but I do know, for instance... and this is the most important For Instance I have.. I know when I am in the Presence of the Supernatural Good: Jesus Christ.

And that Presence is found only in the Church Christ founded which, hate it or not, is the Catholic Church

This is your opinion.

I go by facts, history, logic and probably best of all, my personal experiences, which are not as subjective as they may sound. There is much I have not figured out about God but I do know, for instance... and this is the most important For Instance I have.. I know when I am in the Presence of the Supernatural Good: Jesus Christ.

And that Presence is found only in the Church Christ founded which, hate it or not, is the Catholic Church
See, the real question is whether the RCC or the LDS Church has the authority of Jesus Christ. Paul said their would be an apostasy. What would be the evidence? I say that if you cannot fit those 17 points, then the apostasy of the church from when John ended, then your church is still in apostasy. Therefore, a restoration of Christ's Church would be necessary. So again, put your answers side by side, if you can with the 17 points I listed. If not, your Church has no authority to administer baptism, giving the gift of the Holy Ghost, blessing the Sacraments (bread and water) nor any other of the saving ordinances of Jesus Christ.

Sounds Catholic to me. No, Jesus took on the sins of the world and suffered once. He doesn't suffer over and over no matter how many times Catholic priests think they can pull him off the cross. It's why I didn't join the Catholic Church when I was searching as a Jew.

Jesus doesn't suffer over and over again. Who makes that claim?

It makes sense if God is suffering because of our sins every day for every suffering person. Your priests pull him off his thrown and make him die and suffer for each Mass because your bread and wine change into his flesh. As you can see, other Catholics agree. Maybe you should give up.

Throne not thrown.

A Little logic will make you scatter like a bug when the lights come in.
If God is the Creator (as He must be) then He precedes literally everything and everybody, so there could be no sadism or masochism unless God isn't God, that is, God must be fully His own Beatitude and could only have created out of free choice and not necessity.
So you make 3 errors. at any rate that line of argument destroys itself. God wants to share His Beatitude , not unlike the parents who lovel the child more than they dislike the problems.
I have no idea what you are saying.

I speak and write English, myself

Forum List

Back