Why do the anti God crowd attack the bible ?

You'd love to see me happy if I wasn't so "wicked". LOL. You mean gay, non-christian, don't you? I'm "acting against the counsels of heaven"? Where do you come up with this stuff? Oh, I remember. The Bible.

Yep. I plead guilty to that kind of wickedness and lots more. I have a quick temper. I'm stubborn and I don't like being pushed around.

I am happy most of the time. Happiness comes from self acceptance. I completely accept my human frailities. I completely accept my anger, my fear, my pride, my jealousy, and my ignorance. These are what human beings have. Mixed qualities. I am also kind, loving, generous, intelligent, and I have many, many blessing in my life. The blessings don't come from God. They come as a result of karma. That's MY belief, and I'm sticking to it. You're completely welcome to see it otherwise.

My friend, againsheila tells me that she wants me to meet her in heaven. I appreciate the sentiment, because I know she cares for me as a human being and wants the best for me. I wish for her enlightenment, because this is the highest aspiration a Buddhist can wish for anyone. I'm truly sorry that you would rather shove your beliefs down my throat, than respect that I have my own. I wish the best for you, Avatar.

May you go to heaven and stay at one with God and Jesus your whole life.

Viva la difference.

You, on the other hand, are unable to accept that some of us don't believe in God and aren't the slightest bit interested in converting to Christianity.

Take care.

sky

:cuckoo:

Pretty much the polar opposite of anything that Avatar has ever said on this forum, including in this thread.

As you can see, her grasp of reality is tenuous at best.

I guess you missed the part where Avatar said I was acting against the commands of God and counsels of heaven. In his universe, I can't be happy unless I believe in his God.

Read his most recent post to me. Then read my response. You do read, don't you?

You are acting against the commands of God and the counsels of heaven.

Of course, that's your choice, and if you don't believe in it, you shouldn't care.

You care because you don't want people to believe that...and you're willing to go to any lengths to force them into your belief system.

I see you've started right in this time with your claims of victimhood. This will move along even more quickly than usual...that's a good thing. Let's just hurry and get to the point where you wig out and leave...that's the best part of any exchange with you.

I guess you missed the part where Avatar said I was acting against the commands of God and counsels of heaven. In his universe, I can't be happy unless I believe in his God.

Read his most recent post to me. Then read my response. You do read, don't you?

Well, last time I checked we are in the same universe. You can deny it. But you admit that you don't follow the commandments. Why are you upset when I say what you've already admitted?

I'd love you to keep the commandments. I'd love it if everyone would. Because keeping the commandments of God is part of His plan of happiness. You cannot consistantly deviate from the commandments and be happy. It's one of the immutable laws of heaven. I'm sorry if you don't like it. I know I don't like it sometimes. But that's how it is.

I mean just look at the bitterness in your heart. Do you think God wants you to carry that? Do you think you can be happy when you are angry at your brethren simply because they speak a truth you don't like?

God is both just and merciful. The justice of God will fall upon you unless you accept His mercy. As it will for all of us. If we don't choose mercy, who do we have to blame but ourselves?

I will say this, I believe God will be more merciful to you than to those who profess to follow Him and violate His commandments.

Not if Sky has her way. If Sky had her way, your children would be taken from you and you'd be tossed in a dungeon....possibly worse.

YWC considers me as part of the anti-god crowd who attacks the Bible.

He has an amazing ability to ignore my signature with a beautiful Bible verse in it, in every single post I make.

Yes I will attack the ideas of child murdering, demonizing rape victims, and the encouragement of genocide on people who don't have the same beliefs as you. That doesn't make me a hero, 99.99999999% of living breathing humans know those things are horrible, which is why when god orders those things in the old testament people ignore them for the most part today. Our moral compass has outgrown that of God's of the Old Testament by lightyears.

He has an amazing ability to ignore my signature with a beautiful Bible verse in it, in every single post I make.

Yes I will attack the ideas of child murdering, demonizing rape victims, and the encouragement of genocide on people who don't have the same beliefs as you. That doesn't make me a hero, 99.99999999% of living breathing humans know those things are horrible, which is why when god orders those things in the old testament people ignore them for the most part today. Our moral compass has outgrown that of God's of the Old Testament by lightyears.

And as has been pointed out repeatedly, CHRISTIANS adhere to the new covenant of the NT...which fulfilled the OT and provided us with a new way to access heaven.

As has also been pointed out...the directives you find so repugnant are all OT ones, which were strategies for survival and war, NOT ONGOING ADMONITIONS.

And as has been pointed out repeatedly, CHRISTIANS adhere to the new covenant of the NT...which fulfilled the OT and provided us with a new way to access heaven.

As has also been pointed out...the directives you find so repugnant are all OT ones, which were strategies for survival and war, NOT ONGOING ADMONITIONS.

YWC doesn't follow a religion, he doesn't like them.

Nothing in the Old Testament says "stop taking this seriously after such and such time period."

According to the Old Testament, it's your duty as a believer to kill non-believers, it says this clearly, concisely and repeatedly. Now when I hear people don't take the Old Testament seriously, I like that, but YWC takes the Old Testament as seriously as the New.

Does that mean the bible is imperfect?

So you pick and choose what you will believe from the book ?

The whole book is either inspired by God or it is not ?

Very well said.

So you pick and choose what you will believe from the book ?

The whole book is either inspired by God or it is not ?

No I don't take any of it as fact, I don't believe in your God or any other god(s).

But I like a lot of the life lessons and principles in the New Testament, only one I can think of that I don't is the gay-hating.

Nothing in the Old Testament says "stop taking this seriously after such and such time period."

According to the Old Testament, it's your duty as a believer to kill non-believers, it says this clearly, concisely and repeatedly. Now when I hear people don't take the Old Testament seriously, I like that, but YWC takes the Old Testament as seriously as the New.

Er..who said not to take the OT seriously?

Someone who refuses to take it in context or to view it as a whole is either not taking it seriously, interpreting according to their own personal agenda, or just being dishonest.

And rampant homosexuality is always a precursor of the demise of any civilization.

Allie said it so clear and you still didn't understand her.

I am part of a non-denominational Christian Church.

I am not in to the large organized religions driven by doctrine.

Er..who said not to take the OT seriously?

Someone who refuses to take it in context or to view it as a whole is either not taking it seriously, interpreting according to their own personal agenda, or just being dishonest.

If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

I guess no one says not to take the OT seriously, but thankfully not really anyone does, or humankind would be bordering on extinction.

Tell me how I should "intepret" the above passage.

Does that mean the bible is imperfect?

I would say it is perfectly reliable.

Forum List

Back