Why did the "Whites Only" on the outside of a diner bother blacks down south in the 60's??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the fuck would you want to spend money at a place where you are not wanted? Plus why try and force your way into a diner where they can spit in your food?

Seems like the blacks during that era down south was kind of retarded

It’s not about wanting to eat at the restaurant it’s about the desire for equality. This is not difficult to understand.

I don't need to be accepted and sit next to whites
You made this post for white acceptance...
FBJ is is the quintessential Uncle Ruckus. formerly known as uncle tom.

Why the fuck would you want to spend money at a place where you are not wanted? Plus why try and force your way into a diner where they can spit in your food?

They wanted equality. Integration, not separatism, was their cause. Integration also meant humane treatment. That said, Black ghetto-culture can be so damned wild and crazy, it's understandable that Whites feared integration like the plague. Please note that I said "culture", not race.

I have also wondered why negro's during that time became so offended over the "Whites Only" eating establishments?

I'm sure there were plenty of dinners that served only colored folk. .... :dunno:

There were, but, by comparison, they were horrible dumps. Life for the Southern Negro was one of continual misery. That said, collective, Black self-esteem is so low, they tend to "trash" their own environment wherever they live, reinforcing stereotypes and prejudices. It's a tragic cycle for many of them (of course not all).

They wanted equality. Integration, not separatism, was their cause. Integration also meant humane treatment. That said, Black ghetto-culture can be so damned wild and crazy, it's understandable that Whites feared integration like the plague. Please note that I said "culture", not race.

You might want to drop the culture crap too considering what white culture has wrought.

I have also wondered why negro's during that time became so offended over the "Whites Only" eating establishments?

I'm sure there were plenty of dinners that served only colored folk. .... :dunno:

There were, but, by comparison, they were horrible dumps. Life for the Southern Negro was one of continual misery. That said, collective, Black self-esteem is so low, they tend to "trash" their own environment wherever they live, reinforcing stereotypes and prejudices. It's a tragic cycle for many of them (of course not all).

Wrong. What generally happens is that whites own most of the property and let it run down while still collecting rent. They also own vacant rotting eyesores writing off the deprecation.

It had nothing to do with culture. The bottom line was that they didnt want their white daughters and wives fucking Black men and boys. Thats always been white mens greatest fear. Well that and having to guard Lebron James coming at you full speed.

I remember in many places throughout the country, by necessity -- black communities had their own banks, airports, businesses, etc -- simply due to the fact they were shut out from the white-owned businesses....then some of those communities got burned down to the ground and in some cases bombs dropped on them by the government -- aside from that, I think we should re-institute segregation and hopefully this time it will work out better.....NOT

I remember when blacks burned asian businesses during the riots after rodney king.

Obvious douchebag is a douchebag.

Everyone should have a right to eat where they please.

but if the place doesn't want a certain why not go elsewhere? Why beg someone who doesn't like u to take your money
It was more about making whites uncomfortable so Jim Crow could be dismantled. The problem is that a lot of Blacks decided later that giving their money to whites that didnt want their business was ok. They were trying to assimilate instead of keeping the Black dollar in the Black community.

And that was the most costly self inflicted mistake of the civil rights movement. MLK should have prioritized economic growth of predominantly black communities over dreaming about "black children and white children playing together".

Everyone should have a right to eat where they please.

but if the place doesn't want a certain why not go elsewhere? Why beg someone who doesn't like u to take your money
It was more about making whites uncomfortable so Jim Crow could be dismantled. The problem is that a lot of Blacks decided later that giving their money to whites that didnt want their business was ok. They were trying to assimilate instead of keeping the Black dollar in the Black community.

And that was the most costly self inflicted mistake of the civil rights movement. MLK should have prioritized economic growth of predominantly black communities over dreaming about "black children and white children playing together".

He finally figured that out, then he got killed. But you are 100 percent correct. This is where Malcolm was ahead of King. For he was talking about economic growth.

You might want to drop the culture crap too considering what white culture has wrought.

IM2, I see you use a pic of Marcus Garvey, champion of Black Nationalism and Separatism, to represent yourself. Cool... As a historical figure, I like Garvey. But now you bear the burden of building up your people, such that they can prove to themselves and the world that they're capable of establishing a great nation. Whites did it, like it or not. Now it's your turn. You certainly have sufficient, natural talent. You must first overcome your collective, low self-esteem, and the culture it has created, however. Reflect on Malcolm X -- a gallant warrior, murdered by his own kind, simply for trying to escape the corruption of Black culture within the Nation of Islam. Hear me right. I want you to succeed.

IM2, I see you use a pic of Marcus Garvey, champion of Black Nationalism and Separatism, to represent yourself. Cool... As a historical figure, I like Garvey. But now you bear the burden of building up your people, such that they can prove to themselves and the world that they're capable of establishing a great nation. Whites did it, like it or not. Now it's your turn. You certainly have sufficient, natural talent. You must first overcome your collective, low self-esteem, and the culture it has created, however. Reflect on Malcolm X -- a gallant warrior, murdered by his own kind, simply for trying to escape the corruption of Black culture within the Nation of Islam. Hear me right. I want you to succeed.

Nathan, whites built their so called culture up by excluding others from the same opportunities,. Not to mention illegally colonizing other lands. Don't say shit to me until you learn that.

Thats a terrible philosophy. You dont build yourself up to prove anything to anyone else. Whites didnt do anything other than carry diseases and genocidal intentions everywhere they went. They have done nothing original. They have always had to rely on other cultures to assist them. Nothing about their history is impressive.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Thats a terrible philosophy. You dont build yourself up to prove anything to anyone else. Whites didnt do anything other than carry diseases and genocidal intentions everywhere they went. They have done nothing original. They have always had to rely on other cultures to assist them. Nothing about their history is impressive.

You couldn't be more incorrect. We (Whites) did nothing less than build the world's single most advanced civilization. Today, worldwide, it is the Western standard all nations seek to achieve, in everything they do. Yes, cultural diffusion is always a factor, but in that sense, Western Man leads the way yet again. Only Western Man united the world. Only he ventured out to explore it, everywhere, conquer as much of it as he could, and bring Christianity to otherwise wretched souls. I'm sorry you don't like White people, but don't let that cloud your understanding of history. Moreover, if you don't believe me, go to Liberia, and join in it's age-old struggle to establish itself as a "Black United States." Report back on your findings and achievements therein, in due time.

You couldn't be more incorrect. We (Whites) did nothing less than build the world's single most advanced civilization. Today, worldwide, it is the Western standard all nations seek to achieve, in everything they do. Yes, cultural diffusion is always a factor, but in that sense, Western Man leads the way yet again. Only Western Man united the world. Only he ventured out to explore it, everywhere, conquer as much of it as he could, and bring Christianity to otherwise wretched souls. I'm sorry you don't like White people, but don't let that cloud your understanding of history. Moreover, if you don't believe me, go to Liberia, and join in it's age-old struggle to establish itself as a "Black United States." Report back on your findings and achievements therein, in due time.
Youre suffering from ignorance induced by recessive gene anxiety. Whites didnt build anything without assistance from other cultures. Not one thing. Every single thing the supposed western culture has built was influenced by or directly built by other races. Your trip to the moon? Blacks had to do the calculations using the math Blacks were first to discover in Africa. Long before whites explored the world it was already mapped by Asian and African empires. Your calendar system? Given to you by the ancient Egyptians. Your medical doctors recite a oath to the first multi genius and doctor in Imhotep also from Egypt. Whites have done nothing but stand on the shoulders of giants and proclaim they are important when all they did is wipe out civilizations via disease and bellicose actions.

We are very correct. Western man colonized most of the world by military force to rob and pillage the resources of others to make money. That's not civilization son, that's thuggishness. So when you understand there are 55 countries in Africa and 54 are not named Libera, let me know.

You are a complete moron

You are a complete moron

Apparently Kanye West is a member of USMB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back