Why Are Liberals Always Trying to Silence Those With Opposing Viewpoints?

[

This group is a joke... It's tolerance for their position only....

The anti-choice position is itself intolerance. Why would someone who is tolerant tolerate intolerance?

That would make them intolerant.

Isn't intolerance of intolerance in itself intolerance?

maybe.

Or are the tolerant who are intolerant of the intolerant merely expressing their overall tolerance by refusing to condone intolerance, therefore being tolerantly intolerant of intolerance?

I find that idea tolerable. :D

I believe nobody commenting on the ad has actually seen the ad. They have only seen what is said of what it is about.

I have heard it said, however, that the ad does not even mention abortion or pro life. What it does it tell the story of a family who made a difficult decision that had a happy ending. If that is the case, it should offend nobody, it should not be threatening to anybody but pro-abortionist who want to stifle anything even remotely supportive of pro life, and it does not violate any CBS policy.

I haven't seen it but I heard it was the story about a college football player (as in totally unrelated to the game)'s mom who's doctor recommended an abortion but she didn't listen.

Abortion aside is it really a good idea to encourage women to ignore their doctor's advice?

So the conservative position is that liberals have no right to an opposing viewpoint? How interesting that you use the term "hypocrisy".

They can have an 'opposing viewpoint' by paying for and running their own ad, not trying to keep someone else's voice from being heard. Why is this a difficult concept to grasp?

So they're not allowed to express their views any other way? Like say, speaking out? Talking to the media? Writing letters? Organizing petitions? Calling for a boycott? BOTH sides have the right to their views and to express them in any legal way they see fit. That's called freedom of speech.

CBS made a business decision to accept the money and air the ad. If CBS were to pull the ad due to pressure from these groups (and I doubt it will) then that's the company making a business decision based on input from its customers. In no way is anyone's "Free Speech" being trampled by any of this. Only government can infringe on First Amendment rights. Private individuals and companies can do pretty much whatever they want.

Why is it so few of the nutters yelling "censorship" actually understand what free speech is all about?

I disagree with you that the ad, if it is as it has been described to me, is unsuitable for children to see. I do agree with you here. Protest of advocacy with which we disagree and believe to be antisocial or unAmerican or harmful is the American way just so all sides are allowed the freedom to do it.

In other words, just so long as there is no condemnation of those supporting CBS's decision to run the ad, I won't condemn those who oppose it.

I thought liberals preached tolerance and acceptance of all points of view?

Newsmax - Liberals Huddle Over Tim Tebow Ad

So were you saying the same thing about all the conservative watch dog groups that bitch and howl whenever something's on TV that they don't like?

If you read the thread linked above, or most of my posts, you would already know the answer. Conservatives are hypocrites on many issues.....for example try saying your pro life because abortion is murder then saying you support the death penalty.

However, as the spirit of the thread I linked clearly stated, POLITCIALLY I find liberals to be hypocrites due to their intolerance of other people's political point of view.

The anti-choice position is itself intolerance. Why would someone who is tolerant tolerate intolerance?

That would make them intolerant.

Isn't intolerance of intolerance in itself intolerance?

maybe.

Or are the tolerant who are intolerant of the intolerant merely expressing their overall tolerance by refusing to condone intolerance, therefore being tolerantly intolerant of intolerance?

I find that idea tolerable. :D

:lol:

Um, could I get back to you on that?

You really want to aggravate a liberal? Ask them a question.

They go in retreat faster than a Democrat steals your family's money and jobs.

I believe nobody commenting on the ad has actually seen the ad. They have only seen what is said of what it is about.

I have heard it said, however, that the ad does not even mention abortion or pro life. What it does it tell the story of a family who made a difficult decision that had a happy ending. If that is the case, it should offend nobody, it should not be threatening to anybody but pro-abortionist who want to stifle anything even remotely supportive of pro life, and it does not violate any CBS policy.

I haven't seen it but I heard it was the story about a college football player (as in totally unrelated to the game)'s mom who's doctor recommended an abortion but she didn't listen.

Abortion aside is it really a good idea to encourage women to ignore their doctor's advice?

yeah, and "put it in the hands of god"

They can have an 'opposing viewpoint' by paying for and running their own ad, not trying to keep someone else's voice from being heard. Why is this a difficult concept to grasp?

So they're not allowed to express their views any other way? Like say, speaking out? Talking to the media? Writing letters? Organizing petitions? Calling for a boycott? BOTH sides have the right to their views and to express them in any legal way they see fit. That's called freedom of speech.

CBS made a business decision to accept the money and air the ad. If CBS were to pull the ad due to pressure from these groups (and I doubt it will) then that's the company making a business decision based on input from its customers. In no way is anyone's "Free Speech" being trampled by any of this. Only government can infringe on First Amendment rights. Private individuals and companies can do pretty much whatever they want.

Why is it so few of the nutters yelling "censorship" actually understand what free speech is all about?

I disagree with you that the ad, if it is as it has been described to me, is unsuitable for children to see. I do agree with you here. Protest of advocacy with which we disagree and believe to be antisocial or unAmerican or harmful is the American way just so all sides are allowed the freedom to do it.

In other words, just so long as there is no condemnation of those supporting CBS's decision to run the ad, I won't condemn those who oppose it.

If the description you heard is correct, you're probably right. Without seeing it, I don't know whether it is or isn't. And I'm just not willing to take that chance, not when they refuse to allow parents a peek at the ad in order to determine for themselves whether it is appropriate. That's the part that makes me wonder what's in it.

It's my decision when and how to initiate that conversation with my own kids especially at their young age, not any advocacy group's - Focus on the Family or Planned Parenthood. And they ain't gonna force me, I'm too stubborn. :D

Otherwise, personally I have no particular objection to CBS taking anybody's money and airing their ad. It's a free country, they can do as they please. People can support or criticise as they please. Go free speech!

I thought liberals preached tolerance and acceptance of all points of view?

Newsmax - Liberals Huddle Over Tim Tebow Ad

So were you saying the same thing about all the conservative watch dog groups that bitch and howl whenever something's on TV that they don't like?

If you read the thread linked above, or most of my posts, you would already know the answer. Conservatives are hypocrites on many issues.....for example try saying your pro life because abortion is murder then saying you support the death penalty.

However, as the spirit of the thread I linked clearly stated, POLITCIALLY I find liberals to be hypocrites due to their intolerance of other people's political point of view.

I fully understand and accept that there are many good people who oppose the death penalty for reasons they consider to be valid, ethical, and well reasoned. I disagee that those who are pro life are hypocritical if they are also pro death penalty or pro police or pro military or pro self defense, etc.

In one case is defense of the innocent who have not forfeited their right to life, liberty, or pursuit of happiness nor have they intentionally put themselves into harm's way.

On the other hand you have a legal consequence for intentionally committing specific crimes that are of the most brutal and cruel sort or the responsible carrying out of lawful activities in the line of duty or the right to value one's own life more than the one who presumes to take it from you.

In my opinion these are very different things and to support one and not the other is not hypocritical.

Voicing objections to what a television network airs is free speech. Why do conservatives hate free speech?

NO. Voicing opposing viewpoints to a television network is free speech but actually trying to shut it down or destroy someone's ability to speak freely isn't.

I fully understand and accept that there are many good people who oppose the death penalty for reasons they consider to be valid, ethical, and well reasoned. I disagee that those who are pro life are hypocritical if they are also pro death penalty or pro police or pro military or pro self defense, etc.

In one case is defense of the innocent who have not forfeited their right to life, liberty, or pursuit of happiness nor have they intentionally put themselves into harm's way.

On the other hand you have a legal consequence for intentionally committing specific crimes that are of the most brutal and cruel sort or the responsible carrying out of lawful activities in the line of duty or the right to value one's own life more than the one who presumes to take it from you.

In my opinion these are very different things and to support one and not the other is not hypocritical.

Hey if i just gave you rep I can't give it again right away so stop trying to get more out of me ;)

:D

Voicing objections to what a television network airs is free speech. Why do conservatives hate free speech?

NO. Voicing opposing viewpoints to a television network is free speech but actually trying to shut it down or destroy someone's ability to speak freely isn't.

They're not seeking to destroy someone else's rights they are asking CBS to not show the ad, which IS free speech.

Hey if i just gave you rep I can't give it again right away so stop trying to get more out of me ;)

Aw it's okay. I accept hugs in lieu of rep. :)

[
Keeping your baby IS a choice. A damned fine choice at that.

We are all denied the right to murder the innocent. It is just morally wrong to do so.

Why not just call it quits? They are going to run this ad and the pro-abortionists can gripe all they want, they simply cannot stop it.

It's a choice NOW, but anti-abortionists want that to stop being a choice. Anti-abortionists want to use the law to force every pregnant woman in America to have a baby.
This is a lie.

They want to stop the murder of innocent human beings. Everyone should want that.

LOL, you are an idiot.
If the you stop abortion then the very effect of stopping abortions is FORCING women to continue being pregnent which forces them to give birth and removes any choice that the woman has in the process.

So how is what NY said a lie?

You really need to learn that your OPINION of abortion is not the end all and be all of definitions. The law doesn't call it murder, so you are trying desperately to insert your opinion as fact and it makes you look ignorant and/or dishonest.

Where's the rationale in supporting policies that believe in killing the innocent yet supporting the rights of terrorists and murderers. They want to ban the death penalty...well then ban abortion because that is a death sentence.

I just don't understand this type of thinking.

They want to murder the unborn because it's a personal matter but they want to protect folks that are responsible for the death of thousands of Americans and in many cases other Muslims.

It just seems like they have a screw loose.

LOL Way to insert YOUR opinion over the opinions of the pro-choice movement as a whole. LOL Maybe the problem you have with understanding is based on the fact that you PRETEND to know what everyone who is pro-choice is thinking. LOL

BTW, why do you legally believe that terrorists shouldn't be afforded their rights as human beings?

Where's the rationale in supporting policies that believe in killing the innocent yet supporting the rights of terrorists and murderers. They want to ban the death penalty...well then ban abortion because that is a death sentence.

I just don't understand this type of thinking.

They want to murder the unborn because it's a personal matter but they want to protect folks that are responsible for the death of thousands of Americans and in many cases other Muslims.

It just seems like they have a screw loose.

LOL Way to insert YOUR opinion over the opinions of the pro-choice movement as a whole. LOL Maybe the problem you have with understanding is based on the fact that you PRETEND to know what everyone who is pro-choice is thinking. LOL

BTW, why do you legally believe that terrorists shouldn't be afforded their rights as human beings?
I just got a pm regarding this ridiculous post, so i'm taking you off ignore for 5 seconds.

Why don't you take your sorry lil' faggot ass to Yemen, put on a t-shirt that says "HEY EVERYBODY, I'M AN AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT!, and walk down the fucking street!

Lets just see the rights as a human being the terrorists give YOUR SORRY ASS!

Meanwhile, i'll be watching them saw your head right off that lil' pencil neck of yours, live on the web, while eating :popcorn:, sucking a :beer:, and :rofl:!

Christ, you're a clueless fucking moron!

Now, back to ignore mode!.

When did Focus on the Family stop supporting amending the Constitution to effectively ban all abortion?
What does that have to do with what I said? I said that keeping your baby is a choice. Most sane people want laws the stop the killing of innocent human beings. Don't you?

He's just trying to divert the topic... The topic is liberals are trying to silence opposition when they bitch and moan about having the right to an opposing viewpoint... total hypocrisy...

So now that the a few on the left have even thought of boycotting, the hypocrtical right is now trying to say that boycotting is now an affront to freedom of speech.

Did the righties here attacking these few liberals feel that way any time in the past when groups on the right boycotted networks, companies, or other entities that presented or supported something that the right disagreed with??

Yeah, Total hypocrisy. Just not the way you pictured it, is it? LOL

Aw it's okay. I accept hugs in lieu of rep. :)

Big hug for you regardless of gender.

I though you were male but your desire for hugs in lieu of rep has me second guessing my assumption ;).

Forum List

Back